Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

3 minutes ago, airplane said:

The most viewed halftime show in historih just happened in february of this year and was headlined by Rihanna, also has 175M views on Youtube so far… Lift Me Up debuting with 9M on Spotify and 10M on Youtube is bad?

Quit trolling :ahh:

Maybe it's good for Rihanna standards I don't know. But compared to Taylor that just all seems extremely underwhelming.

But Rihanna never had Taylor starpower and musical success so maybe this comparison is a bit unfair.

Edited by Axelios
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Why are you bragging about a song with: a music video, 10 YouTube uploads, 3 digital artwork covers, an instrumental available to stream/purchase, the biggest radio deal of the 2020s, etc. outperforming a song that was dropped on a Friday and never mentioned or promoted by the artist themselves or label :deadbanana: 

You should be comparing Carolina (#60) to Sledgehammer (#102) but, again, Sledgehammer had a music video and was sent to multiple radio formats. Carolina had none of those 

what does any of that have to do with Lift Me Up outperforming Carolina? :toofunny2: these essays full of nothing :rip: Even the Oscar’s said NO despite the campaigns:ahh:

1 minute ago, ImsoLOUD said:

what does any of that have to do with Lift Me Up outperforming Carolina? :toofunny2: these essays full of nothing :rip: Even the Oscar’s said NO despite the campaigns:ahh:

Why wouldn't a heavily promoted, payola'd, discounted and playlisted song best a song that was dropped randomly and left for dead :rip: 

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Why wouldn't a heavily promoted, payola'd, discounted and playlisted song best a song that was dropped randomly and left for dead :rip: 

Proof of payola? Besides just your thoughts? 

and why wouldn’t the only artist that spam releases both original and re-recorded albums currently be ahead of all of her peers in stats?

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

Did I mention Chartmasters at any point during this conversation? Are you deflecting again from the discussion we're having? 

And what I'm saying is that we don't know if the streams prior to 2017 would have counted since they were not audited, so they cannot be factored in. That's the rule of certification that you and your fellow Navy brought up. I didn't make the rules. 

Again, most of those countries in Europe where ANTI is certified did not count streams for any album until 2017/18, not only ANTI. The streaming era began in 2014… so most of those streams that ANTI gained in 2016/17 are not reflected in those certifications because those countries simply did not consider streaming in their charts and certifications until 2017. I hope this FINALLY clicks in that brain of yours :heart2:

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, airplane said:

Again, most of those countries where ANTI is certified did not count streams for any album until 2017/18, not only ANTI. The streaming era began in 2014… so most of those streams that ANTI gained in 2016/17 are not reflected in those certifications because those countries simply did not consider streaming in their charts and certifications until later. I hope this finally clicks in that brain of yours :heart2:

And again, if those streams are not counted in official certifications, it is not our place to consider them in the discussion about ANTI's locality. :heart2:

6 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Proof of payola? Besides just your thoughts? 

and why wouldn’t the only artist that spam releases both original and re-recorded albums currently be ahead of all of her peers in stats?

It had the biggest radio deal of the 2020s decade thus far and literally peaked on radio week 1 :deadbanana: 

7 minutes ago, Klein said:

And again, if those streams are not counted in official certifications, it is not our place to consider them in the discussion about ANTI's locality. :heart2:

i’m fairly confident that Rihanna’s label (which has access to her numbers) knows more about what streams to consider and what not when totalling up the album units for ANTI, compared to an unreputed random blogsite. And i know labels occasionally inflate figures for their artists but i’d rather trust that than whatever chartmasters has to say…Hope this helps :heart2:

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, airplane said:

i’m fairly confident that Rihanna’s label (which has access to her numbers) knows more about what streams to consider and what not when totalling up the album units for ANTI. Hope this helps :heart2:

Alright, so the lesson is that certifications are not the be all end all. 

That's all I needed to know. Have a good night luv' :heart:

10 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

It had the biggest radio deal of the 2020s decade thus far and literally peaked on radio week 1 :deadbanana: 

so no proof just “vibes” as y’all like to say :ahh: 

Edited by ImsoLOUD

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

so no proof just “vibes” as y’all like to say :ahh: 

That is actual proof but alright :toofunny3: The navy and their inability to think critically 

• Thumbs Down 2

I think if we take into account their entire careers its prob:

Taylor > Bey >>>>> Adele > Gaga = Rih 

I have a tough time pinpointing where Gaga and Rih would rank because Gaga's acting career is truly unique and impressive AF (at least so far) but then Rih's business endevors (especially Fenty Beauty) have been culturally impactful on so many levels so idk...

That said, had Rih been consistently releasing music too since Anti then she'd easily be 2nd or 3rd on this list tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

That is actual proof but alright :toofunny3: The navy and their inability to think critically 

A radio deal is not “payola”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, airplane said:

A radio deal is not “payola”. 

Yes, it is. Those releases pay iHeart to play the song every hour on the hour on release day and to put it into heavy rotation. That is how it works. And everyone does it. It is not unique to Rihanna

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Why does it matter when Rihanna stomps on Taylor in overall radio stats?

• Like 2

Radio deals are ABSOLUTELY payola, wtf are you guys on? :rip:

Just now, #ADOU said:

Rihanna has sent more singles to radio than Taylor, even being "retired" since 2016 :sorry: 

US: Taylor > Bey > Rihanna > Gaga > Adele

WW: Taylor > Rihanna > Gaga > Adele > Bey

42 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

And Taylor still has more #1 on pop radio than Rihanna, good for booking the "stomps" you speak of

13 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

And Taylor still has more #1 on pop radio than Rihanna, good for booking the "stomps" you speak of

Pop is not the only existing radio format in the US :rip: then again you are a Taylor Stan. Childish and generic pop songs are all you know :rip:

Rihanna's pop radio #1s are actually worldwide smashes. Unlike Taylor's, most of which are highly local and will be forgotten in a couple of years when the kids find a new idol to obsess over :oh:

Edited by #ADOU

10 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

Pop is not the only existing radio format in the US :rip: then again you are a Taylor Stan. Childish and generic pop songs are all you know :rip:

Rihanna's pop radio #1s are actually worldwide smashes. Unlike Taylor's, which are highly local and will be forgotten in couple of years when the kids find a new idol to obsess over :oh:

Yes it also has AC, HAC, and country but I didn't mention those cause I know it's not a fair comparison for Rihanna :rip:Imagine being a Rihanna stan, stanning the most talentless "artist" who can't sing can't write can't produce or do anything related to music. doesn't even like music at the very first, and releasing the most generic/radio-friendly music then call another artist "generic" :bibliahh::bibliahh:And I'm sorry, the Eras tour will gross like 7B outside the US, which is more than Rihanna's whole career :bibliahh:If Taylor is highly local. then Rihanna is literally nobody in every corner of the world

Yes, Taylor might be forgotten just like everyone, but Rihanna has already been forgotten:bibliahh:

Edited by Monster Queen
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Wewee said:

Not this still goin on one week after :rip: 

Klein

And that's with the answer being obvious too :rip:

Klein

10 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

Unlike Taylor's, most of which are highly local and will be forgotten in a couple of years when the kids find a new idol to obsess over :oh:

god how does this kind of prediction still persist when it’s been proven constantly for like 17 years that it’s literally just not going to happen :stare:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.