Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

39 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Or we could compare it to Beautiful Ghosts which didn't chart at all? See how we can go on and on talking about nothing and everything? Y'all need to let this fight and thread go and move on. There's hardly any new point anyone is going to make.

Beautiful Ghosts which, like Carolina, was not promoted or serviced anywhere :dies: 

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

43 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Or we could compare it to Beautiful Ghosts which didn't chart at all? See how we can go on and on talking about nothing and everything? Y'all need to let this fight and thread go and move on. There's hardly any new point anyone is going to make.

Beautiful Ghosts wasn't released as a single either. You can compare it to IDWLF if you want though, that probably the Taylor soundtrack song that received the closest amount of promo to LMU. Though even IDWLF didn't have a radio deal that LMU big or the same tricks Rihanna used to try to boost its numbers.

Edited by Axelios

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Certifications have ANTI at 7.375M WW, 81% of which are coming from the US though. :eli:

Most of those European certifications didn’t factor in streaming until years later.. nice try

34 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Beautiful Ghosts wasn't released as a single either. You can compare it to IDWLF if you want though, that probably the Taylor soundtrack song that received the closest amount of promo to LMU. Though even IDWLF didn't have a radio deal that LMU big or the same tricks Rihanna used to try to boost its numbers.

“Radio Deal”. I’m sorry radio missed Rihanna that they couldn’t stop playing her. Lift Me Up continued to chart on for 20 weeks on the hot 100, long after it peaked on radio during its first 2-3 weeks. And please don’t talk about “tricks” when your fave has manipulated the charts in every way possible, including scoring the biggest airplay and billboard drops…

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, airplane said:

Most of those European certifications didn’t factor in streaming until years later.. nice try

But I was told certifications is the only accurate way to measure an album success. So what is the truth? :eli:

2 minutes ago, airplane said:

“Radio Deal”. I’m sorry radio missed Rihanna and they couldn’t stop playing her. 

I guess they missed her much more than the GP given LMU mediocre streaming debuts (and longevity) despite the big playlist push.

Edited by Axelios

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

But I was told certifications is the only accurate way to measure an album success. So what is the truth? :eli:

Yes they are… but most of ANTI’s certifications in Europe didn’t factor in strihming later in 2017, which is why they’re deflated. :rip:

6 minutes ago, Axelios said:

I guess they missed her much more than the GP given LMU mediocre streaming debuts (and longevity) despite the big playlist push.

LMU debuted with 9M on Spotify, very high on Apple Music and around 10M+ audio streams on Youtube during its first 24 hours. Very “mediocre streaming debuts” indeed :rip:

Yup, the song didn’t have a lot of longevity because it was a literal lullaby and expecting it to smash hard was peak delusion. People still tuned in regardless and the song continued to chart for 20 weeks on Billboard, unlike the bombs that were Carolina, Only the Young, Beautiful Ghosts etc etc

Mind you, Lift me up debuted with 330 points on billboard which is very much stronger compared to what’s predicted for the hot 100 next week. Even cruel summer is pulling less points. Using Lift Me Up as a gotcha moment isn’t gonna work, no matter how hard you try :ahh:

Edited by airplane

Yes they are… but most of ANTI’s certifications in Europe didn’t factor in strihming later in 2017, which is why they’re deflated. :rip:

But what's proving us that these streams are not fraudulent if they are not accounted for by official certifications? 

Certifications are showing ANTI is local, with 81% of its units coming from the US. That's the only reality you've taught me to believe in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, airplane said:

LMU debuted with 9M on Spotify, very high on Apple Music and around 10M+ audio streams on Youtube during its first 24 hours. Very “mediocre” indeed :rip:

I guess this is supposed to be impressive for Rihanna current standards. It's hard to tell.

Taylor = Biggest 

Gaga = Biggest peak

Bey = Biggest tour/ longevity 

Adele = Biggest Albums

Rih = Biggest # of hits

4 minutes ago, airplane said:

Certifications are all we have to go by.  Everything else is fraudulent.  Sorry, but you made the rules. 

Just now, Axelios said:

I guess this is supposed to be impressive for Rihanna current standards. It's hard to tell.

Impressive for her first release since 2016, yup..

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

But what's proving us that these streams are not fraudulent if they are not accounted for by official certifications? 

The streams are not fraudulent what the hell are you talking about. It’s just that they were not counted in the album’s certification until later, which is why they were deflated. What’s not clicking?

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Certifications are all we have to go by.  Everything else is fraudulent.  Sorry, but you made the rules. 

At least Rihanna’s certifications more or less coincide with what her label claimed, compared to whatever chartmasters is :ahh:

3 minutes ago, airplane said:

The streams are not fraudulent what the hell are you talking about. It’s just that they were not counted in the album’s certification until later, which is why they were deflated. What’s not clicking?

But if the certification process didn't audit the streams, we can't know if they would have counted or if they were fraudulent. So they cannot be taken into account whatsoever because there's a possibility they were coming from streaming farms. 

Until those streams are audited and taken into account in certifications, ANTI will remain local cause that's the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Edited by Klein

Desperately digging up this dead thread when yall have an upcoming album… must be very boring stanning Taylor i guess :rip:

1 minute ago, Klein said:

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Until those streams are audited and taken into account in certifications, ANTI will remain local cause that's the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Like 90% of your fave’s discography. You’d be familiar with what “local” is:rip:

5 minutes ago, airplane said:

At least Rihanna’s certifications more or less coincide with what her label claimed, compared to whatever chartmasters is :ahh:

Can you give me a breakdown of Anti 11 million units using her certifications?

• Haha 1

Desperately digging up this dead thread when yall have an upcoming album… must be very boring stanning Taylor i guess :rip:

Unless I'm mistaken, a Navy "dug up" this thread (after 7 hours of inactivity). But I understand the deflection after realising how stupid the reasoning with certifications only can be. 

8 minutes ago, airplane said:

Impressive for her first release since 2016, yup..

If anything her not releasing for such a long time should make her big comeback more anticipated not the opposite but maybe the GP started to forget about her? It's hard to tell.

Like 90% of your fave’s discography. You’d be familiar with what “local” is:rip:

"Takes one to know one", as our generation's greatest poet (according to inaugural poet Amanda Gorman) once said. 

sYh5vod.thumb.gif.1e1de4837e0ea9d9562753

Just now, Klein said:

Unless I'm mistaken, a Navy "dug up" this thread (after 7 hours of inactivity). But I understand the deflection after realising how stupid the reasoning with certifications only can be. 

What you don’t understand is that most European countries did not factor in streaming until 2017, which is why the certifications are somewhat deflated. Bringing fraudulency and auditing into the conversation makes absolutely no sense. Sorry that a simple fact was so hard for you to grasp…:sorry:

You can continue using that garbage fansite with zero credibility though, as long as it makes your fave look good.

2 minutes ago, airplane said:

What you don’t understand is that most European countries did not factor in streaming until 2017, which is why the certifications are somewhat deflated. Bringing fraudulency and auditing into the conversation makes absolutely no sense. Sorry that a simple fact was so hard for you to grasp…:sorry:

You can continue using that garbage fansite with zero credibility though, as long as it makes your fave look good.

Yes but as you yourself stated before non certified units cannot be trusted. So we just have to do with what we know and conclude that Anti is an extremely local album.

Edited by Axelios

6 minutes ago, airplane said:

No Taylor album is as local as Anti. 

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

If anything her not releasing for such a long time should make her big comeback more anticipated not the opposite but maybe the GP started to forget about her? It's hard to tell.

The most viewed halftime show in historih just happened in february of this year and was headlined by Rihanna, also has 175M views on Youtube so far… Lift Me Up debuting with 9M on Spotify and 10M on Youtube is bad?

Quit trolling :ahh:

Did I mention Chartmasters at any point during this conversation? Are you deflecting again from the discussion we're having? 

And what I'm saying is that we don't know if the streams prior to 2017 would have counted since they were not audited, so they cannot be factored in. That's the rule of certification that you and your fellow Navy brought up. I didn't make the rules. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.