Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Rihanna the most streamed non-African Barbadian woman whose name begins with an R and owns a make up brand in Ghana and Nigeria :clap3: 

? She was the most streamed non-African woman. That's it.

Y'all are embarrassing lmao

• Like 1

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

Style getting played by Taylor fans doesn't necessarily mean it's a remembered worldwide classic.

homophobicera-imupshemad.gif

I literally provided you the data that shows the song, despite being 9 years old, is still among the top 40 most used song everyday in 2023. How does that not show it's remembered? If you don't want us to use factual information, what kind of evidence would you like us to use instead? Personal anecdotal feelings?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

You can take out those "7-8 albums she pumped since Rihanna's retirement" and Taylor would still have significantly more daily streams than Rihanna based solely on 2 albums. Talk about self-awareness!

Read what i said again. Those albums surged thanks to her recent releases. In 2018, Taylor was averaging 6M daily streams on Spotify. Take away those 7-8 albums and rewind back to 2018, taylor is back to square one, a flop on Spotify.

Edited by airplane

4 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Does Taylor even have one song that went top 3 in twenty+ countries let alone number one? They're very delusional for trying to go the singles route

Are they now?

Style getting played by Taylor fans doesn't necessarily mean it's a remembered worldwide classic.

COPE

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e

I don't even know why I'm arguing with people who think Style is bigger than Only Girl, I cannot. 

5 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

I'm from the middle east so I can guarantee you rihanna was dominating for years but just look at the anghami stats from 2019 (when rihanna hadn't released for 3 years) and she was the #3 most streamed artist. 

Rihanna was also the most streamed non-African female artist in Ghana and Nigeria last year. She did the Mawazeen festival in front of 100k people in Morocco, sold out SA stadiums (with more attendance than Gaga), etc. I'm sure Taylor does well in SA, I don't think she's that popular elsewhere.

And I think overall, Rihanna's career is a lot bigger in Latin America as well.

So it's just your thoughts and feelings  and some anecdotes

spacer.png

Midnights had the spotify debut record for both Africa and Latin America too.

Edited by Axelios

7 minutes ago, airplane said:

Read what i said again. Those albums surged thanks to her recent releases. In 2018, Taylor was averaging 6M daily streams on Spotify. Take away those 7-8 albums and rewind back to 2018, taylor is back to square one, a flop on Spotify.

Taylor was getting way more streams per album than Rihanna even back in 2018. On most days she was getting more daily streams despite having 6 albums out vs 8. Even back in 2018, Taylor had multiple albums charting on the BB200 (all of them reaching at least 100 weeks on the chart) while Rihanna had none besides Anti. Taylor's back catalogue was always bigger than Rihanna, both on the charts and on streaming. 

It's also not our fault our fave is passionate about music and didn't drop her career and her fans to go sell panties and makeup palettes. That's a choice your fav made and no "would've could've should've" or "rewinding back in time" will change it. Give it up sis!

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I literally provided you the data that shows the song, despite being 9 years old, is still among the top 40 most used song everyday in 2023. How does that not show it's remembered? If you don't want us to use factual information, what kind of evidence would you like us to use instead? Personal anecdotal feelings?

Not really. Only a swiftie would actually sit here and convince themselves that Style is bigger than any Rihanna song. I really don't think I can say anything here, maybe you are right and Style is bigger and remembered than any Rih song. Probably than any other song released by another female artist too ?

3 minutes ago, 305 said:

COPE

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e

With what?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Odeon said:

$36M budget*, that other number popped out of your mind

Bradley didn't produce or write Shallow and had never sung before ASIB, like, it's been 5 years, you can stop embarrassing yourself already

And if every movie was a hit-making trap, Beyonce wouldn't have flopped into the depths with Spirit, a song featured in a Disney billionaire box office movie.

$40m was production budget. $120m was put on marketing. Deadline posted the receipts a long time ago. 

Gaga had 30% and 25% writing credits on Shallow & ARUTW as per her own publishing leaks. hardly the 100% credit her fans pretend she has. 

Ryan Gosling is also not a known singer but “album track” city of stars did good on streaming hmm…

2 minutes ago, airplane said:

GDHSHSH Not swifties bringing up strihming receipts after taylor constantly pumped her discography with 7-8 albums since Rihanna’s retirement.. like the lack of self-awareness. But the last time they were active, Rihanna was stomping on her existence and scoring back to back global smash hits (including Taylor’s biggest European hit to date). Now go figure

And yet...

Rihanna's daily streams: 16.5M

Midnights + evermore = 16.915M

Midnights + folklore = 22.691M

Midnights + Lover = 25.178M

Midnights + Reputation = 20.211M

Midnights + 1989 = 21.377M 

evermore + folklore = 14.668M

evermore + Lover = 17.154M

evermore + Reputation = 12.187M

evermore + 1989 = 13.653M

folklore + Lover = 22.751M

folklore + Reputation = 17.783M

folklore + 1989 = 19.249M

Lover + Reputation = 20.271M

Lover + 1989 = 21.837M

Reputation + 1989 = 16.770

All 2 album combinations highlighted in green out stream Rihanna's entire 8 album discography even on Taylor's weakest day of the week :gaycat4:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I literally provided you the data that shows the song, despite being 9 years old, is still among the top 40 most used song everyday in 2023. How does that not show it's remembered? 

Style is not a global classic nor is it remembered.. maybe in Swiftland. Stop being delusional :priceless: "top 40 on Spotify" doesn't mean anything.

Just now, lonnie said:

Not really. Only a swiftie would actually sit here and convince themselves that Style is bigger than any Rihanna song. I really don't think I can say anything here, maybe you are right and Style is bigger and remembered than any Rih song. Probably than any other song released by another female artist too ?

I, for one, never claimed it was bigger than every Rihanna song ever. I fought back against your wrong opinion that the song is somehow "forgotten" despite still being among the top 40 songs most consumed every single day, 9 years after its release. You were just factually WRONG and I called you out on it.

• Like 1

Just now, The Music Industry said:

Taylor was getting more way more streams per album than Rihanna even back in 2018

Why wouldn't Taylor be getting more streams than Rihanna in 2018 when Taylor had the more recent era?

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

It's also not our fault our fave is passionate about music

Your fave is fleecing her deluded stans for all their worth. Literally selling her fans cat hair showing how deranged her fave-fan relationship is but you're going to draw the line at palettes?

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

And yet...

Rihanna's daily streams: 16.5M

Midnights + evermore = 16.915M

Midnights + folklore = 22.691M

Midnights + Lover = 25.178M

Midnights + Reputation = 20.211M

Midnights + 1989 = 21.377M 

evermore + folklore = 14.668M

evermore + Lover = 17.154M

evermore + Reputation = 12.187M

evermore + 1989 = 13.653M

folklore + Lover = 22.751M

folklore + Reputation = 17.783M

folklore + 1989 = 19.249M

Lover + Reputation = 20.271M

Lover + 1989 = 21.837M

Reputation + 1989 = 16.770

All 2 album combinations highlighted in green out stream Rihanna's entire 8 album discography even on Taylor's weakest day of the week :gaycat4:

And how was lover doing on Spotify in 2019? Or reputation? Comparing them to someone who hasn’t released an album in 8 years to someone who has released 8 albums since then… worms for brains 

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

Literally selling her fans cat hair showing how deranged her fave-fan relationship is but you're going to draw the line at palettes?

The way Taylor said that as a joke one time years ago because her cats were in the room with her and y'all still run with it to this day I-

Also there's nothing wrong with selling palettes, if that's what she wants to do then fine. It clearly seems to bother y'all however considering y'all love to make all these scenarios about where Rih would be if she still released music. Too bad we live in the real world where that's not the case, and where Taylor Swift is the undeniable biggest artist of the century by every objective metric.

Edited by The Music Industry

Just now, #ADOU said:

The absolute delusion :priceless:

Only Girl on Spotify 10 days following the Super Bowl: 45-53-74-77-84-101-141-155-180-188

Style's last 10 days on Spotify: 63-59-57-48-49-48-44-43-39-35

Blank Space last 10 days: 61-57-55-52-48-41-40-42-41-42

Mind you, Rihanna performed in front of 110,000,000 people and surprised everyone with her pregnancy and covered magazines in the following days

Taylor has just been on tour and walking around LA :deadbanana: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, airplane said:

And how was lover doing on Spotify in 2019? Or reputation? Comparing them to someone who hasn’t released an album in 8 years to someone who has released 8 albums since then… worms for brains 

Girl, I can’t change the fact that Rihanna is musically lazy and hasn’t bothered releasing. We can’t account for the what if scenarios. All we can do is look at the numbers on the ground, and in 2023, those numbers show Taylor blasting past Rihanna  with ease. I can’t help what the numbers were in 2018 or 2019. In 2023, Taylor is astronomically bigger. Sorry if you can’t handle that. 

4 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I, for one, never claimed it was bigger than every Rihanna song ever. I fought back against your wrong opinion that the song is somehow "forgotten" despite still being among the top 40 songs most consumed every single day, 9 years after its release. You were just factually WRONG and I called you out on it.

No one even said Style was bigger. I said it was more remembered than Only Girl :rip: 

Just now, Axelios said:

So it's just your thoughts and feelings  and some anecdotes

spacer.png

Midnights had the spotify record for both Africa and Latin America too.

Anecdotes? 

Literally everything I mentioned is a fact. 

By the end of 2019, Rihanna had 254M streams on anghami, taylor had 200M.

Also she has the most followers:

Rihanna is also the most played artist on Boomplay, the biggest streaming service in Western Africa. 4x more than Taylor who isnt even top 5.

FB-IMG-1688991198367.jpg

Here are the receipts for the mawazeen festival:

150K crowd - https://www.mtv.com/news/w0yju9/rihanna-kicks-off-moroccos-mawazine-global-music-fest

You can look up the South African tour dates yourself.

5 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Taylor was getting more way more streams per album than Rihanna even back in 2018. On most days she was getting more daily streams despite having 6 albums out vs 8. Even back in 2018, Taylor had multiple albums charting on the BB200 (all of them reaching at least 100 weeks on the chart) while Rihanna had none besides Anti. Taylor's back catalogue was always bigger than Rihanna, both on the charts and on streaming. 

It's also not our fault our fave is passionate about music and didn't drop her career and her fans to go sell panties and makeup palettes. That's a choice your fav made and no "would've could've should've" or "rewinding back in time" will change it. Give it up sis!

😂😂😂😂

Taylor’s albums were bombing worldwide until this decade, unlike Rihanna who was accumulating around 65% of her album units from outside the USA, which explains her poor BB 200 performance. 

Just now, The Music Industry said:

The way Taylor said that as a joke one time years ago because her cats were in the room with her and y'all still run with it to this day I-

Where's the joke?

And Taylor releases constantly for the same reason Rihanna does her businesses: for the money she gets out of it

8 minutes ago, lonnie said:

With what?

:lmao:

Just now, airplane said:

😂😂😂😂

Taylor’s albums were bombing worldwide until this decade, unlike Rihanna who was accumulating around 65% of her album units from outside the USA, which explains her poor BB 200 performance. 

1989 was extremely global, what are you talking about :rip: 

6 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

Style is not a global classic nor is it remembered.. maybe in Swiftland. Stop being delusional :priceless: "top 40 on Spotify" doesn't mean anything.

Ok, then I will ask again: if you don't want us to use factual information and data to show you a song is still remembered/being used, then what would you like us to use? Personal feelings? Vibes? Irrelevant anecdotes?

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.