Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

22 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It's the way that right now you can take any two of the albums Taylor has released (besides the 3 that have been re-recorded) and combine their daily streams, and they're more popular than Rihanna's entire discography of eight albums and countless stand-alone singles combined :deadbanana2:

Quit trying it girlies, in 2023 there is no question

And yet they keep trying it with the narrative that she's only ahead because compared she released a lot of albums recently :deadbanana2: 1989 and rep alone have more streams than all 8 of Rihanna's albums combined. It's not our fault Taylor's back catalogue has become so massive and such a classic while Rihanna abandoned her music career altogether :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

Just now, Raspberries said:

On the Hot 100 it is bigger than any solo Rihanna song :sorry: 

Of course lol and we all know why you cling to the U.S. too.

homophobicera-imupshemad.gif

5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

It is a bigger Hot 100 hit than any Rihanna song - and will be a bigger streaming hit than any Rihanna song (just like Shake It Off, Blank Space etc. Even Love Story, Style, Wildest Dreams etc could be added to that list soon) :sorry: 

All you people have are fraudulent streaming receipts :priceless: 

Rihanna's songs SOLD. Only Girl alone went #1 in more countries than the songs you cited combined. And I can't believe you brought up forgotten songs like Style and Wildest Dreams (Shake It off and Blank Space aren't that remembered either).

Their daily streams are cute however.. I guess :priceless:

• Thumbs Down 3

Just now, lonnie said:

Of course lol and we all know why you cling to the U.S. too.

Oh should we sail to Oceania? Maybe go to the UK where Midnights is having better longevity than any Rihanna album?

Maybe bring up touring where Taylor is playing to sold out stadiums in 21 countries while breaking attendance records? :dies: 

5 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

I can't believe you brought up forgotten songs like Style and Wildest Dreams (Shake It off and Blank Space aren't that remembered either).

The "forgotten song" Style is currently #35 on Spotify's global chart despite coming out in 2014 and gets more more than double the daily streams of ANY Rih song. 

Mind you the "forgotten song" Wildest Dreams is also getting more daily streams than any Rih song. 

Are you ok?

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 2

Biggest solo hot 100 hits by chart-derived points:

Shake It Off - 915k

Anti-Hero - 840k

You Belong With Me - 768k

Blank Space - 757k

Disturbia - 720k

Love Story - 704k

Take A Bow - 647k

Rude Boy - 627k

Diamonds - 624k

Only Girl - 612k

Sure enough, it appears that Taylor's five biggest solo hits are almost all bigger than Rihanna's solo hits on the Hot 100 :gaycat4:

Taylor: releases over 200 tracks since Rihanna's last album and thus garners more streams than her as logic would have it 

Swifties: Rih flop, Taylor win

Just now, The Music Industry said:

The "forgotten song" Style is currently #35 on Spotify's global chart despite coming out in 2014 and gets more daily streams than ANY Rihanna song doubled. 

Mind you the "forgotten song" WIldest Dreams is also getting more daily streams than any Rih song. 

Are you ok?

I guess this means Style is bigger than any Rihanna song to the swifties

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Oh should we sail to Oceania? Maybe go to the UK where Midnights is having better longevity than any Rihanna album?

Maybe bring up touring where Taylor is playing to sold out stadiums in 21 countries while breaking attendance records? :dies: 

So that means that MIDnights will outsell Loud and GGGB in the U.K. since it's outcharted ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

You lot continually to only brag about Europe :dies: They are almost even in South America

Taylor curb stomps Rihanna in North America, Asia and Oceania. Rihanna only has a significant lead in Europe :dies: 

Southeast Asia*

The middle east and Africa exist as well. i wouldn't say Taylor curbstomos rihanna in NZ when rihanna has more top 5 hits.

Rihanna has 21 top 5 hits in france. Taylor has 0 (maybe i missed a couple). Now that's curbstomping!

Look I am glad you are enjoying Taylor's success because no one else is releasing, but 1 year of domination does not erase Rihanna's several years of domination. Taylor needs some time to catch because for the majority of her career, she was extremely local.

Edited by rihannafan
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

The "forgotten song" Style is currently #35 on Spotify's global chart despite coming out in 2014 and gets more daily streams than ANY Rihanna song doubled. 

Mind you the "forgotten song" WIldest Dreams is also getting more daily streams than any Rih song. 

Are you ok?

Imagine thinking Style and Wildest Dreams are bigger than Only Girl because they have more "daily streams" :priceless:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

Rihanna's songs SOLD. Only Girl alone went #1 in more countries than the songs you cited combined. And I can't believe you brought up forgotten songs like Style and Wildest Dreams (Shake It off and Blank Space aren't that remembered either).

Yes, her songs sold some copies. A shame no one was willing to pay more than $1.29 for the albums they were attached to :dies: 

SPOTIFY WW

#35 Style 2,066,520

#42 Blank Space 1,941,770

#155 Shake It Off 1,160,278

Style is literally at/above multiple the spot where multiple songs Rihanna performed at her halftime show were the day after she performed :deadbanana: And Style/BS have been in the top 50 for weeks while Rihanna's songs fell like Lift Me Up on the Hot 100 :deadbanana4: Mind you, Taylor is just performing on tour and isn't performing in front of 110 million people on television :deadbanana: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, rihannafan said:

The middle east and Africa exist as well. 

What are Rihanna album sales in the middle east and Africa and how do they compare to Taylor?

1 minute ago, rihannafan said:

Southeast Asia*

The middle east and Africa exist as well. i wouldn't say Taylor curbstomos rihanna in NZ when rihanna has more top 5 hits.

Rihanna has 21 top 5 hits in france. Taylor has 0 (maybe i missed a couple). Now that's curbstomping!

Point me to the African sales then. 

And there you are bragging about Europe again :bibliahh:Mind you, Taylor is about to play more stadiums in France than Rihanna has in her entire career

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, #ADOU said:

Imagine thinking Style and Wildest Dreams are bigger than Only Girl because they have more "daily streams" :priceless:

They are more remembered :sorry: 

8 hours ago, Jjang said:

erm, yes? you’d be crazy to deny that the film association (which Bradley wrote and directed) and the exceptional $120m marketing budget didn’t aid the song’s commercial performance. 

SL debuted at #5 and then immediately left the charts. Nicki vibes. 

There’s a reason why ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica performed as poorly as they did. Adele had three humongous eras and one that smashed and then relatively faded quickly.  

$36M budget*, that other number popped out of your mind

Bradley didn't produce or write Shallow and had never sung before ASIB, like, it's been 5 years, you can stop embarrassing yourself already

And if every movie was a hit-making trap, Beyonce wouldn't have flopped into the depths with Spirit, a song featured in a Disney billionaire box office movie.

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

I guess this means Style is bigger than any Rihanna song to the swifties

Maybe, maybe not. Either way I'm not gonna trust the opinion of someone who thinks a 2014 song is "forgotten" despite still charting in the top 40 of Spotify's global chart in 2023.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Biggest solo hot 100 hits by chart-derived points:

Shake It Off - 915k

Anti-Hero - 840k

You Belong With Me - 768k

Blank Space - 757k

Disturbia - 720k

Love Story - 704k

Take A Bow - 647k

Rude Boy - 627k

Diamonds - 624k

Only Girl - 612k

Sure enough, it appears that Taylor's five biggest solo hits are almost all bigger than Rihanna's solo hits on the Hot 100 :gaycat4:

Only Girl only 612k :deadbanana: 

5 minutes ago, #ADOU said:

And yet Style (1.992M) + Wildest Dreams (745k+695k) + Shake It Off (1.101M) + Blank Space (1.933M) = 6.46M streams across 4 songs, or more than any Rihanna album's daily streams doubled, and every non-GGGB/Anti album's daily streams tripled

I don't know how much more remembered that a collection of four singles from one album can all be? 

• Like 1

GDHSHSH Not swifties bringing up strihming receipts after taylor constantly pumped her discography with 7-8 albums since Rihanna’s retirement.. like the lack of self-awareness. But the last time they were active, Rihanna was stomping on her existence with her endless streak of hits and scoring back to back global smashes (including Taylor’s biggest European hit to date).

Like Taylor’s tragic discography was averaging 6M daily spotify streams back in 2018. It’s not rocket science to figure out her older songs have surged thanks to her album releases every two business days + ongoing tour which has been plastered all over tiktok and exposed for algorithm manipulation.

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axelios said:

What are Rihanna album sales in the middle east and Africa and how do they compare to Taylor?

I'm from the middle east so I can guarantee you rihanna was dominating for years but just look at the anghami stats from 2019 (when rihanna hadn't released for 3 years) and she was the #3 most streamed artist. 

Rihanna was also the most streamed non-African female artist in Ghana and Nigeria last year. She did the Mawazeen festival in front of 100k people in Morocco, sold out SA stadiums (with more attendance than Gaga), etc. I'm sure Taylor does well in SA, I don't think she's that popular elsewhere.

And I think overall, Rihanna's career is a lot bigger in Latin America as well.

Edited by rihannafan
  • Like 1

Just now, airplane said:

GDHSHSH Not swifties bringing up strihming receipts after taylor constantly pumped her discography with 7-8 albums since Rihanna’s retirement.. like the lack of self-awareness. But the last time they were active, Rihanna was stomping on her existence and scoring back to back global smash hits (including Taylor’s biggest European hit to date). Now go figure

ANTI is bigger than 1989 now? :bibliahh:

4 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Southeast Asia*

Does Taylor even have one song that went top 3 in twenty+ countries let alone number one? They're very delusional for trying to go the singles route

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Are they now?

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Maybe, maybe not. Either way I'm not gonna trust the opinion of someone who thinks a 2014 song is "forgotten" despite still charting in the top 40 of Spotify's global chart in 2023.

Style getting played by Taylor fans doesn't necessarily mean it's a remembered worldwide classic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Only Girl only 612k :deadbanana: 

I was told it was a career defining hit bigger than anything Taylor has ever released. If that's the case, why didn't it crack the top 500 biggest songs of all time? Surely that's a bare minimum standard? 

Rihanna the most streamed non-African Barbadian woman whose name begins with an R and owns a make up brand in Ghana and Nigeria :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, airplane said:

GDHSHSH Not swifties bringing up strihming receipts after taylor constantly pumped her discography with 7-8 albums since Rihanna’s retirement.. like the lack of self-awareness.

You can take out those "7-8 albums she pumped since Rihanna's retirement" and Taylor would still have significantly more daily streams than Rihanna based solely on 2 albums. Talk about self-awareness!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

The absolute delusion :priceless:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.