Horrors Exposed: Pigs fed faeces & piglet intestines in cannibalistic slush

FOCK

Vox has reported on the egregious conditions 90% of pigs in the USA are kept in, and exposed a common cost-cutting practice that has fHarmers feeding pregnant sows, raised in crates that prevent them from ever standing or moving their entire lives, a mixture of pig **** & dead piglet intestines.

A new investigation exposes the stomach-churning practice that goes into making your bacon.

The animal welfare activist group Animal Outlook has been investigating the meat industry for over two decades, having documented chickens buried and roastedalive, thrashing pigs killed at a high-speed slaughterhouse, fish bludgeoned to death, and cows kicked and beaten, among many other cruelties. But at a pig breeding farm in Minnesota, 120 miles southeast of Minneapolis, between late 2019 and early 2020, an undercover investigator with the organization witnessed some of the worst cruelty they’d ever seen.

In one clip, a pregnant pig who got stuck between two pens and died is sawed in half. “Anyone want some ham?” one worker joked. “Ripped that ***** wide open,” another said. Animal Outlook’s investigator alleged that employees could’ve easily freed her before she died, but didn’t.

Male piglets at the farm have their tails cut off and testicles ripped out by hand without anesthesia or pain relief, both standardpractices in the industry. The investigator filmed employees tossing the testicles at each other and at a wall that was covered in them. In another scene, a pregnant pig’s uterus has prolapsed, a painful conditionthat’s more common in older female breeding pigs, known as sows, who typically give birth to larger litters than younger sows. In the video, she’s herded down a hallway to be euthanized — shot in the head with a captive bolt gun — with her insides dangling to the ground. The investigator alleged this happened to between one and three pigs every day.

Sick and injured piglets on the farm are placed into a small black box to be euthanized with carbon dioxide poisoning, but some survive and are seen gasping for air amid a pile of dead piglets. In one instance captured on video, an injured piglet needed to be euthanized, but a supervisor appeared to say it wasn’t worth running a gassing cycle for just one animal, so he left the piglet to suffer overnight until there were more piglets that needed to be euthanized.

One of the more stomach-churning clips in Animal Outlook’s footage shows a practice that’s rarely been captured in other pork industry investigations. Employees can be seen removing the intestines of dead, disease-infected piglets and mixing them with piglet feces in a blender — a mixture to be fed to the adult breeding pigs — causing one worker to gag.

The practice, called “feedback,” is common in the pork business (or “controlled oral exposure” in industry jargon). The slurry of pig poop and parts is often fed to new female breeding pigs who’ve yet to give birth to help them adapt to the germs of the farm, and to pregnant pigs to help them pass down immunity from disease to their babies, through their milk.

Animal Outlook’s investigator said the farm had begun using feedback because some piglets were getting sick with diarrhea, losing weight, and their skin was turning from pink to a grayish hue.

Around one-third of pigs die before they ever reach the slaughterhouse, leading to enormous suffering for animals and significant losses for the producers, as they breed more pigs to make up for the early deaths.

The harrowing footage & the full expose, here

Pigs are slaughtered at just a couple months old. They are understood to be more intelligent & empathetic than dogs. They are essentially puppies. Because of their high intelligence & strong will, the industry is particularly cruel & crass with their handling. 

Stop supporting this psychopathy. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952rtmccf64977do8niq

• Like 4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FOCK

• Mast

• PoisonPill

• GraceRandolph

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand how can someone eat pigs. They are so intelligent yet one of the most mistreated animals in the industry. :'( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leppie said:

I really don't understand how can someone eat pigs. They are so intelligent yet one of the most mistreated animals in the industry. :'( 

I don't eat pork (not for religious reasons), but people are crazy about bacon and pork belly and the rest of the pig.

God, this is more cruel than anyone could imagine. Luckily the meat industry’s days are numbered now that it’s heinous practices are finally being exposed.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I can’t take living on this planet anymore. Really, I can’t. I will embrace death as freedom from this hellscape. How is this not hell? How is anyone supposed to live knowing we’re surrounded by people like this? This is horrifying. This is soul crushing. This makes it hard to be hopeful or joyful about anything. Humans are such pathetic and dangerous animals. This is so extreme it would almost be unbelievable without proof. How can anyone do these things?

• Like 5

Pigs are my favorite animals. This breaks my heart. Vegan for 7 years, though I never liked eating pig :heart2:

OP can you post something on chicken cruelty in the industry, I need to stray strong as I’m a recent vegetarian and trying not to mess up and go back to eating meat 

We didn't really need a news article to know about this. The whole food industry is probably disgusting and unsanitary af :rip:

We just choose to close our eyes to everything.

You must REALLY need the money to work on a place like this, otherwise, I don't know how you can live with yourself :skull:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magazine said:

We didn't really need a news article to know about this.

A lot of people DO need articles like this though.

It's socially sanctioned mass murder and torture. I can't believe I ate animal meat without a second thought most of my life, but now the thought of it makes me nauseous.

Since meat production can't be banned, maybe more progressive states can place exorbitant taxes and fees on meat sales, like they do with cigarettes? 

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

the way we treat other living things just because we deem them inferior :chick3:

3 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Since meat production can't be banned, maybe more progressive states can place exorbitant taxes and fees on meat sales, like they do with cigarettes? 

A few European countries are already looking into this. I know Denmark and Sweden are likely to go through with this in the next few years. I hope to see it in Australia and elsewhere.

I think there nothing wrong with eating meat, our bodies are built for consuming and digesting - the body alone cannot jst live from a plant based diet. But the way we eat meat, and the industry needs a complete overhaul. Its a disgusting industry 

Edited by MusicandSoul
  • Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 2

:cries:

this is why I am trying to include less meat in my diet and more fish.

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

A lot of people DO need articles like this though.

Nah, this queen was the one actually opening our eyes :jonnycat:

and then she disappeared mysteriously :biblio:

Everyone today already knows the whole industry does this.

People have just accepted it. Unfortunately there's nothing exposed here :rip:

You might as well stop eating! You’re deluded if you think eating mercury filled fish or pesticide covered vegetables is somehow superior to eating pork.

• Thumbs Down 1

Well I don’t eat pork for religious/cultural reasons so 

21 minutes ago, Raspy said:

make me craving for some bacon rn:pig:

this is boring, troll better pls 

• Like 4

I've been considering veganism or at least pescetarianism for a while now but this article might be the final push. Was already aware that animal cruelty in the industry was a thing but those videos in the article, god, there's no way this isn't some type of violation. :katie:

brought me back to this classic, the first reason I quit dairy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.