Final Predictions (8/19/2023): Last Night #1 (16x), Fast Car #2, Cruel Summer #3

pride4jc1222

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Well yeah this thread is about the 8/19 chart 

6M streams is still worth about 40 Hot 100 points. FC won't have that big a gap on radio vs. LN in either Week 16 or 17.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Green

• corotinho

• simmnfierzig

So I Hope anyone big didn’t release any big comeback song on next friday, so “Fast Car” will finally end “Last Night’s” 16 weeks reign. I also hope Taylor will do something in late August to make sure “Cruel Summer” will reach #1.

Edited by Capruni
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Capruni said:

So I Hope anyone big didn’t release any big comeback song on next friday, so “Fast Car” will finally end “Last Night’s” 16 weeks reign. I also hope Taylor will do something in late August to make sure “Cruel Summer” will reach #1.

Taylor should release something this Friday or next, supposedly Drake is coming any week and Olivia is dropping her 2nd single on 8/25. 

20 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

DROP THAT VIDEO BLONDIE

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need that Cruel Summer MV to get the single to #1, that would be amazing :)

Cute for Doja :clap3: 

I’m not sure why ATRL thinks Cruel Summer needs a video. :rip: I think it could potentially reach #1 by late August with just another small push. 

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I’m not sure why ATRL thinks Cruel Summer needs a video. :rip: I think it could potentially reach #1 by late August with just another small push. 

A video is a small push :celestial5:

I would certainly prefer that over a stupid remix 

• Like 1

she can reunite with her collab partner on the top 2 hit that kicked off the era.

giphy.gif

tumblr_pqkviiqjLX1tkhesm_500.gif

6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

A video is a small push :celestial5:

I would certainly prefer that over a stupid remix 

I’m fine with another Elvira remixes,

They will count it as a solo #1 hit just like Willow, I don’t want a remix with another artists:coffee2:

If Snooze is going to enter the Top 10, this is probably a good week to do it: 

Snooze so close to the top 10. Only 2 points of difference  :jonny4:

12 points between Last Night and Fast Car. This was probably its last chance because Cruel Summer is coming and it won't even need a video or remix.

If Drake doesn't release Cruel Summer will be #1 in 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

12 points between Last Night and Fast Car. This was probably its last chance because Cruel Summer is coming and it won't even need a video or remix.

I think “Fast Car” has the edge in August, 21st then “Cruel Summer” will probably reach #1 on August, 28th, of course, if Drake or anyone big didn’t release anything.

4 minutes ago, Green said:

Cruel Summer is not going #1, it's already peaking on radio, and Fast Car won't drop hard on radio like Last Night is dropping.

1. Cruel Summer: 16608 (+59) | 50.004 (+0.059)

Today's update on pop

12 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Cruel Summer is not going #1, it's already peaking on radio, and Fast Car won't drop hard on radio like Last Night is dropping.

Last Night is dropping hard because it has already peaked on all of its formats. Fast Car hasn't done that yet, with the exception of country. Once FC peaks on its formats, it's really going to drop, and possibly even harder than LN. FC has a radio gap on LN right now, but it isn't enough to close the streaming gap that LN has over FC.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Sure :laugh:

The question for Cruel Summer is if the streams hold up after the US leg is over in a few days. 

Radio is absolutely not peaking yet

10 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Sure :laugh:

The question for Cruel Summer is if the streams hold up after the US leg is over in a few days. 

Radio is absolutely not peaking yet

We will see after the next updates:gaycat1:

57 minutes ago, corotinho said:

1. Cruel Summer: 16608 (+59) | 50.004 (+0.059)

Today's update on pop

It's still rising on HAC and AC radio

Edited by Axelios

3 minutes ago, Axelios said:

It's still rising on HAC and AC radio

Pop radio is the bigger suporter. Once it peak there (already peaking), won't accumulate any bigger increase on overall radio, meaning it won't accumulate any more points for the Hot100. Fast Car is not dropping hard anytime soon, and the competition for the next weeks are coming too.

Come on Taylor, do something!!

3 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Pop radio is the bigger suporter. Once it peak there (already peaking), won't accumulate any bigger increase on overall radio, meaning it won't accumulate any more points for the Hot100. Fast Car is not dropping hard anytime soon, and the competition for the next weeks are coming too.

It won't be getting bigger updates than it had so far but it doesn't need to. It can still consistently gain 0.50M daily audience gains which is more than what FC is gettting right now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.