Early Predictions (8/5/2023): Jason Aldean #1, K-Pop #5, Barbie World #9

JayRockafella

Come on Taylor. RELEASE A CRUEL SUMMER MUSIC VIDEO AND LOVER DELUXE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• pride4jc1222

• TrieLz

• fridayteenage

would it really be that hard for the pop stans to come together and mass buy some other single and propel it to #1 for the time being? like how are the conservatives able to ruin the chart this easily for some random racist song by an artist literally no one would care about otherwise, and we have absolutely NO counter-attack? :rip: 

for all the times the phrase is used jokingly, this is actually a POP EMERGENCY :deadbanana4:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, =NEX= said:

Full country Top 3 will be a record I'm sure. Country music never really done well on Hot 100. Just check Garth Brooks' single peaks. Only 1 Top 10 at #5. So this is a very new development. 

Afaik that was because country radio didn't count for the Hot 100 until very late in the 1990s (like 1998-99 or so). Most of Garth's biggest successes happened in the early- & mid-90s, but with zero airplay, it was impossible for him to get high up on the chart, especially since the Hot 100 was very radio driven in those times.

50 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Afaik that was because country radio didn't count for the Hot 100 until very late in the 1990s (like 1998-99 or so). Most of Garth's biggest successes happened in the early- & mid-90s, but with zero airplay, it was impossible for him to get high up on the chart, especially since the Hot 100 was very radio driven in those times.

This!

Shania had 3 country radio #1's that didn't even chart on the Hot 100 ("You Win My Love", "No One Needs to Know" and "Honey, I'm Home") because country radio wasn't included on the Hot 100 until December of 1998

You're Still the One and From this Moment charted high because they were crossover hits but the rest of her 90's singles between 1995-1998 had low peaks because they charted only based on sales or didn't chart at all

5 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

would it really be that hard for the pop stans to come together and mass buy some other single and propel it to #1 for the time being? like how are the conservatives able to ruin the chart this easily for some random racist song by an artist literally no one would care about otherwise, and we have absolutely NO counter-attack? :rip: 

for all the times the phrase is used jokingly, this is actually a POP EMERGENCY :deadbanana4:

The only way to put a permanent end to Last Night's reign at #1 is to have a ubiquitous #1 like Despacito, but that seems very unlikely in this musical climate. Just have to hope that LN starts to decline soon like Despacito heading into the fall. Despacito's last week at #1 was Week 32. This tracking week will be LN's 26th week. If LN doesn't beat out Jason Aldean's song this tracking week, then it will need to be #1 all 6 weeks to break OTR's record in Week 32. (Olivia releases her album in LN's Week 33. Despacito was in Week 33 was when LWYMMD was released.)

I think Winston overestimated Jason Aldean's numbers. Last Night will probably return to #1 instead.

It fell to #12 on US Spotify today with 850K streams. There’s no way it’s doing 40 million this week overall :skull:

11 hours ago, 45seconds said:

The way Olivia was supposed to be the one to end this madness and she’s sinking omg

she's not even in the conversation.  She's making no noise whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

we should all buy Britney. :gaygacat2:

1 hour ago, shelven said:

It fell to #12 on US Spotify today with 850K streams. There’s no way it’s doing 40 million this week overall :skull:

I think it will do around 25 - 30 million at best

9 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

If conservatives now how to do one thing right. It’s unify for a cause, sadly.

Pop stans are way too diverse and divided to do this. The in-fighting among pop artists is ******* stupid. You all should support as much pop music as you can and not do some stupid **** like avoid streaming an artist because they’re your fave’s competition. Please.

Cruel Summer is the best chance we have rn at getting a better #1

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

Maybe the pop stars should stop putting out bad music and they’ll stop flopping. Olivia Rodrigo’s basically dropped off the face of the earth after week one hype died down.

QueenofCopyPaste
18 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Maybe the pop stars should stop putting out bad music and they’ll stop flopping. Olivia Rodrigo’s basically dropped off the face of the earth after week one hype died down.

The exaggeration :laugh:

compared to Doja's Attention who's out of the Hot 100 after 3 weeks. Please.

21 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You didn’t lie except for the last part lol her song is doing fine it’s just not gonna be a DL or G4U for her but it’s a hit.

18 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Still no song of the summer and it’s almost August :rip:

also this list is tragic… but I mean the top 10 been pretty bad all year 

Last Night is without a doubt the Song of the Summer. I hear it all the time.

2 hours ago, Green said:

I think it will do around 25 - 30 million at best

agree, and most of them will be (worthless) youtube streams. I think LN will be #1 too

Another really big drop on US Youtube for Jason today. Lost 1.7 million and its two day total is now 5.8 million. 

The song has definitely peaked, so it’s just a matter of whether its Friday and Saturday numbers were big enough to lock in the #1. 

I can’t believe the Travis Scott comeback single is flopping and with the help of The Weeknd and Bad Bunny :deadbanana4: Over exposure much? :skull:

I was hoping them would block the racist from the top spot. 

If Last Night returns to #1, it will tie As It Was with 15 weeks at #1 over 5 stints, and be the first song to have gaps between both weeks 13 and 14, as well as weeks 14 and 15 at #1.

That Travis song keeps falling fast so even Barbie World could go top 5 instead.

So is Jason definitely going #1? The fact that songs 1-3 are kuntry songs is interesting to say the least. When was the last time that happened?

Edited by Black Jesus

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

I can’t believe the Travis Scott comeback single is flopping and with the help of The Weeknd and Bad Bunny :deadbanana4: Over exposure much? :skull:

I was hoping them would block the racist from the top spot. 

He doesn't have website sales to help him and his image took a hit after the Astroworld deaths 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.