SAG strike | SAG-AFTRA Reaches Tentative Agreement With Studios

mystery

On 9/25/2023 at 4:58 PM, Arcadius said:

Why do I feel now studios are gonna cut down a ton on the amount of streaming shows they produce 

6 episodes will be the new norm it will be cheaper 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• okgo

• DAP

• publikcitizen

streaming residual bonuses will be for programs that get the equivalent of 20% of the domestic subscribers to watch something in the first 90 days.

So for example, Netflix has something like 75 million US subscribers.

A show would need 15 million views (20% of 75 million) to trigger the bonus.

So if Stranger Things S5 was 5 hours long, that would be (5*15=)75 million hours viewed in the US.

i am curious how many shows this would be. 

Netflix publicly gives global hours viewed, but they don't give US hours viewed. 

The biggest English language shows' views globally are:

252 mil Wednesday

141 mil Stranger Things IV

116 mil Dahmer

113 mil Bridgerton

113 mil Queen's Gambit.

Netflix has about 238 million subscribers globally, so hypothetically if the same structure were done globally that would be bonuses for having 48 million views. 

So like Spotify/Apple/Youtube for music, a stan streaming a show over and over and over could help them make more money.

• Like 1

I'm still gagged that they finally disclose the streaming numbers with residuals to match it, especially when they're trying so hard to hide it

Sure it won't go public but this is such a HUGE win

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

elated for the WGA members :clap3: hopefully the SAG-AFTRA negations will take place now.

8 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

I'm still gagged that they finally disclose the streaming numbers with residuals to match it, especially when they're trying so hard to hide it

Sure it won't go public but this is such a HUGE win

They will leak when studios try to cheat them

SAG will officially resume negotiations beginning Monday. I bet they’ll have their agreement by the end of next week. 

SAG & AMPTP released a joint statement that negotiations will resume Wednesday. A joint statement on top of resuming negotiations is a great sign. 

• Like 1

Any update on SAG? :monkey:

14 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

They met yesterday and are meeting again on Wednesday.

I see it ending by just before Halloween 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, stjosephprey4us said:

Negotiations have stalled because studios fear some of the union demands are “unreasonable”

spacer.png

They’re right, 2% is not reasonable. It should be 20% instead

spacer.png

Edited by DAP
  • Like 3

How can these CEOs even say 2% is not reasonable with a straight face? This is ridiculous how greedy they are :skull:

• Like 1

It's absolute bullshit. Shame on Warner Bros Discovery’s David Zaslav, Netflix’s Ted Sarandos, NBCUniversal’s Donna Langley, Disney’s Bob Iger and for continuing to be absolute s**ts. This is not going to end anytime soon unless SAG-AFTRA ultimately fold... which I don't see them doing at all.

fuuuuuuck these studios and their greedy, cold-hearted CEO's, who do absolutely NOTHING; the actors (and writers) are the ones making their money, to have the audacity to deny them even the most basic of things is just... unbelievable. absolutely heinous. 

stay strong, SAG-AFTRA!

• Like 1

They're all going to crumble in the end

They already gave the writers everything they wanted. There is not an endless amount of money. Maybe the actors have to take one for the team here.

WDJZ8rs.gif

• Thumbs Down 13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.