• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• okgo

• DAP

• publikcitizen

• 4 weeks later...

CNBC: Hollywood studios, writers near agreement to end strike, hope to finalize deal Thursday, sources say

Writers and producers are near an agreement to end the Writers Guild of America strike after meeting face to face on Wednesday, people close to the negotiations told CNBC.The two sides met and hope to finalize a deal Thursday, the sources said. While optimistic, the people noted, however, that if a deal is not reached the strike could last through the end of the year.

On Wednesday evening, the WGA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers released a joint statement that the two groups met for bargaining and would meet again on Thursday. This appears to be the closest the two sides have come to a resolution since the more than 11,000 film and TV writers went on strike beginning May 2. They have argued their compensation doesn’t match the revenue that’s been generated during the streaming era.

12 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

oprah-surprise.gif

• ATRL Moderator

https://x.com/deadline/status/1705022887361671582?s=46&t=LPl4ZRRWg_FucoClBDVzcg

No deal yet but ‘progress’ has been made and conversations will continue in the coming days. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end 

FINALLY if this really goes through. I'm curious how long it'll take SAG to get a deal worthwhile. I see some people pessimistic about it, but why reach a deal with WGA just to lowball SAG and drag this all out even longer? I'd think they'd want to go all the way and try to get everything back up and running ASAP.

Let me live in my delusion and hope that this could all be all over with by the end of October.

End this **** so we can finally get a release date for that Maia and Kit movie :clap3:

OMG IT'S ALMOST OVER :jonny:

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

• ATRL Administrator
Just now, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

OMG IT'S OVER :jonny:

*almost

The guild still has to vote and ratify it.

2 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

*almost

The guild still has to vote and ratify it.

Omg wait let me edit my post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.