If you could spectate any historical event, what would you choose?

mystery

You would be able to find out secrets that have been lost to time and could never be found out in any other way. Where would you go through time?

Edited by mystery

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• byzantium

• Big Bad Wolf

• kimbo

I would go back and witness the stonewall riots.  Not to solve any mystery or anything, just to see it and learn.  

• Like 1

Blonde Ambition Tour

• Like 3

I’d wanna be in the Titanic (and make it safely onto a lifeboat). I’d really want to experience it.

1 minute ago, kimbo said:

I’d wanna be in the Titanic (and make it safely onto a lifeboat). I’d really want to experience it.

You want to experience a traumatic experience where lots of people died? Just hope you make it to first class and not where the poor people where. 

• Like 2

I'd find it really exciting to experience the Cold War from that perspective. Get to hear and see what politicians on both sides talked about in meetings, find out just how close anyone was to pushing that infamous red button etc. 

Another event that immediately came to my mind is 9/11. Some people are gonna find this inappropriate, but witnessing those crashes in real time and with your own eyes must have been incredible, in the most literal sense. Plus again, would be extremely interesting to see what went on in the White House and in politicians' offices around the world the moment it happened. 

• Thanks 1

I'd like to watch Jesus' crucifixion (if he was a real person)

And I'd LOOOVE to see how Ancient Egyptians were building the pyramids.

Edited by Flomik
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I'd find it really exciting to experience the Cold War from that perspective. Get to hear and see what politicians on both sides talked about in meetings, find out just how close anyone was to pushing that infamous red button etc.

Definitely, being a fly on the wall for some of those tense moments would certainly be interesting.

I'd want to witness the Big Bang (of course assuming that I have hypothetical equipment that allows me not to instantly get scorched or crushed)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I'd like to watch Jesus' crucifixion (if he was a real person)

And I'd LOOOVE to see how Ancient Egyptians were building the pyramids.

Gorl..  the Ancient Egyptians DID NOT build the pyramids :rip:

• Thumbs Down 6

June 30, 2004

The day when the best movie ever made (Spider-Man 2) premiered.

ezgif-3-effa285661dua.thumb.gif.41421670

• Like 2

Just now, prézli said:

The day when the best movie ever made premiered.

ezgif-3-effa285661dua.thumb.gif.41421670

You mean December 19, 1997 when Titanic premiered!

9 minutes ago, Tropez said:

You want to experience a traumatic experience where lots of people died? Just hope you make it to first class and not where the poor people where. 

Imagine having to sit in pitch black waters in the middle of the ocean at a temperature of -2C with nothing to do but listen to people scream and slowly drown or die of hypothermia. 

3 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Gorl..  the Ancient Egyptians DID NOT build the pyramids :rip:

Then who did? Aliens? Ghosts? :rip:

Whoever or whatever it was, I'd love to witness the entire process of it. That's just so fascinating how Ancient Egyptians (or whoever you want it to be) managed to build such enormous geometrical structures over 4000 years ago

• Like 4

First thing that came to my mind was watching chariot racing at Circus Maximus, but overall just walking through fully built forums of ancient Rome or Greece would kill me

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Imagine having to sit in pitch black waters in the middle of the ocean at a temperature of -2C with nothing to do but listen to people scream and slowly drown or die of hypothermia. 

And then when you’re rescued and land in the US. There’s a chance you won’t know anyone. You can’t just call someone. And you have no money. Like the whole experience sounds like hell. 

From the classic age Julius Cesear murdering maybe. 

From modern age well the event has shaped the modern western society, so the french Revolution.

As whole era i'm really fascinated by the 800s... In particular the english, french, Russia or german society of that century 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

If I say the one I have in mind it will really come ass insensitive af but I’ve seen almost every home or new video of it there is to see online and even have found the entire 911 and emergency audio’s as the event unfolded live and play them occasionally just out of sheer curiosity, but this particular event happened a little over 20 years ago and did a number on the entire world. 

22 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Then who did? Aliens? Ghosts? :rip:

Whoever or whatever it was, I'd love to witness the entire process of it. That's just so fascinating how Ancient Egyptians (or whoever you want it to be) managed to build such enormous geometrical structures over 4000 years ago

Yes!

I watched a documentary on it recently. It was a good watch! Basically said they needed sacred geometry and extreme precision to execute those pyramids. I also subscribe to the theory they had some sort of tech or mystical forces behind them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

ugh I'd love a visit at the library of Alexandria.

Also a stroll in ancient Athens. 

And maybe another in medieval [insert west European city].

• Like 2

Does seeing the dinosaurs count? Or maybe a unresolved death like marilyn to know the truth once and for all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.