Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• BNF91

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

All the people who doubted Dune Part Two. :dies:

• Like 1

Kung Fu Panda 4 surprising with a very strong $19M OD, headed to a $55-60M debut weekend. Kids have been starved for choice at the cinema so this makes sense. 

Dune Part Two remains strong entering week 2, a $12.3M Fri headed towards $45M 2nd weekend. 

Imaginary and Cabrini battling for 3rd with $8-10M debuts. 

Thanks to the 1-2 punch of KFP4 and Dune 2 combining for $100M, overall this weekend should be up around 13% from the same weekend last year. Finally some good news for theatres. 

• Like 3

Massive Saturday

Kung Fu Panda 4- $24M ($60M+ seems locked)

Dune Part Two- $20.5M ($47M seems locked)

These two giving us a mini Barbenheimer ATM! 

• Like 1

WTF.. just saw this

EPIC.. Amazing.. Genius..

I fvckin cant wait for the Part3.. This deserves the success of sh*tty Marvel Films

Spring break is booming, Dune retakes #1 on Monday with a sizzling $4.8M (-34% from last week). KFP4 still has a very strong hold for a kids movie with $4.7M. 

Theatres are definitely happy about this 1-2 combo. 

Early Friday estimates: KFP4/Dune with strong holds

KFP4- 8.1M (-48% from last Fri)

Dune- 7.6M (-37% from last Fri)

Both projected for $28-30M this weekend. Dune will blow past $200M domestic on Sunday. 

Edit: KFP4 now $8.8M (-43%) and Dune $8.15M Fri (-33%) :flame:

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, BNF91 said:

Kung Fu Panda 4 surprising with a very strong $19M OD, headed to a $55-60M debut weekend. Kids have been starved for choice at the cinema so this makes sense. 

Dune Part Two remains strong entering week 2, a $12.3M Fri headed towards $45M 2nd weekend. 

Imaginary and Cabrini battling for 3rd with $8-10M debuts. 

Thanks to the 1-2 punch of KFP4 and Dune 2 combining for $100M, overall this weekend should be up around 13% from the same weekend last year. Finally some good news for theatres. 

Kung Fu Panda 4 has a $85M budget which is lower than any KFP movie. Maybe they invested too much in Marketing?

Edited by Aristotle

5 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Focus abandoned all hope for this after it got panned to death at Sundance. 

Have not watched (and probably never will), but the premise sounded stupid as hell.

• Like 1

Live-action non-franchise/remakes, $200 mil+ US

2023 oppenheimer

2018 bohemian rhapsody

2015 martian

2014 american sniper

2013 gravity

World war z

2012 ted

2010 inception

(Only Oppenheimer & Gravity got labelled universally acclaimed on Metacritic. Both won 7 Oscars.)

I wonder what the second from this decade will be. 

Looking at the most searched on IMDb for 2024: 8. The Watchers. I'm guessing decent hit for a horror but not huge

10. Challengers. I'm guessing decent hit for a romcom but not huge

14. Horizon an American Saga. Well, Yellowstone is a hit. Kevin Costner isn't a big movie star these days though.

17. Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Henry Cavill? Flop.

Probably not this year.

Dune and Panda continue to carry the domestic box office

KFP4- $30M (-48% 2nd weekend), $107M total 

Dune- $29.1M (-37% 3rd weekend), $205M total

Arthur the King flops with $7.5M

Edited by BNF91

March 22-24 weekend

Ghostbusters has solid if unspectacular debut, Dune holds quite strong despite losing some PLFs to Ghost, KFP4 drops below Dune but still ok. 

1) Ghostbusters-        $45.2M                              Wknd 1

2) Dune Part Two-     $17.6M (-37%) $233.4M   Wknd 4

3) Kung Fu Panda 4- $16.8M (-44%) $133M      Wknd 3

And it's stomping globally. :deadbanana4:

Im really surprised this is doing so well. Mostly because the reviews are not that great compared to the previous one and the kind of bad buzz about running Godzilla!

Easter Weekend forecast-

Godzilla x Kong huge with early $35.5M opening Friday, passing Dune Part Two ($32.7M) for biggest OD of 2024. 

Remains to be seen if it can top Dune's $82.5M opening weekend, considering the way Easter weekend goes. Current range is $75-81M.

Ghostbusters plummeting with $14-16M 2nd wknd. Horrible release date being sandwiched between 3 box office smashes. Both Dune (wknd 5) and KFP4 (wknd 4) fighting for 3rd with $10.5-11.5M apiece. Dune will cruise past $250M and Panda $150M by Sunday. 

Edited by BNF91

How's Dune tracking in its current run to other comparable releases @BNF91?

I don't think the audience for Godzilla cares about reviews

asian king Godzilla and Asian queen fala chen, their power

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

How's Dune tracking in its current run to other comparable releases @BNF91?

Compared to the other recent March hits (The Batman, Creed 3, John Wick 4), Dune's dailies ($3.6M 5th Friday) have left them all in the dust. Even ahead of Batman ($3M) despite opening way smaller than it. 

Dune's opening weekend was the 8th biggest March OW ever, and now it's 5th Friday is the 4th biggest 5th Friday for March ever. Should tell you how well it's been legging out so far. Ahead of the likes of Captain Marvel, Batman Vs Superman, Alice in Wonderland, etc. 

WOM has lifted what would be a typical 82/225 domestic run to what will likely be 82/290 now. If anybody told me last year that Dune 2 would be challenging for $300M domestic I'd think they were smoking something heavy. Lol

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

If anybody told me last year that Dune 2 would be challenging for $300M domestic I'd think they were smoking something heavy. Lol

why

the first made almost 300 mil internationally

:deadbanana4:was not expecting this to become the biggest opening of the year so far. 

Also I'll take the L for Dune. I thought that **** was gonna flop last year:dies:

10 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

why

the first made almost 300 mil internationally

Uh, I'm talking domestic, which is a single market. Not sure what the Intl gross has to do with my domestic expectations?

Besides, there was not a single person expecting this kind of run domestically, even in the high end. It's US/Canada gross will be nearly 75% of Part One's entire worldwide earnings. 

Edited by BNF91

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.