• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• dirrtydiana

• Odeon

• Miichael

The Barbz lying about Nicki not liking that tweet or that she went dissing Kim in the Come Up days. :fan:

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

The thing is that she always released whatever was rejected by other artists and that has always been OK for the type of artist she used to be. Then, she got the taste of having an acclaimed body of work for the first time (Anti) and ever since then, she's been unable to release music because she's afraid it won't live up to her last album. It has never been an eae for hits. It has always been just releasing generic leftovers from other artists. 

I don’t think that’s the reason Rihanna has stopped releasing music. It might be part of the reason, but it was also clear by the end of ANTI that Rihanna was burned out from music, and that pivoting to other businesses was making her much happier.

I think Rihanna is just a simple case of someone who really wanted to make it into the music industry but once they were in it long enough they realized it wasnt as fullfilling as they thought it would be initially. That’s why she rushed through her Def Jam contract 

The Cultural Impact card is the other big lie.

not the biggest OXH here turning on Britney :rip:

o.t. Daydream being robbed of AOTY :coffee2:

Edited by popmusicisdead

3 minutes ago, banterfly said:

Everybody's racist. You just claim that voters in "black" categories will vote for black people regardless. That sounds inherently racist.

Thing with awards is that they should be based on merit and not about meeting a certain race or skin color quota. Trying to pin her losses on racism is a bit far fetched. She lost to artists whose albums were more successful than hers and had acclaim as well.

I would want Beyonce to win AOTY too but for a project that she deserves and not based on fulfilling statistics.

Lemonade 100 % deserved AOTY on its own merits, there is absolutely no reason an album like 25 which is extremely formulaic, deserved it over Lemonade which is an highly eclectic, well crafted album that is a 1000 times more artistically challenging than Adele trying to recreate the success of 21.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

not the biggest OXH here turning on Britney :rip:

Fighters and Lambs have had a stan war for ages.

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

The Cultural Impact card is the other big lie.

Not u dismissing Taylor’s cultural impact in the country community? :mandown:

spacer.png

Also, we were led to believe 30 was a flop despite setting records for the 2020s 

image0.gif

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Lemonade 100 % deserved AOTY on its own merits, there is absolutely no reason an album like 25 which is extremely formulaic, deserved it over Lemonade which is an highly eclectic, well crafted album that is a 1000 times more artistically challenging than Adele trying to recreate the success of 21.

This is pretty subjective though. Objectively, it would be hard to go against a diamond album that broke so many records with a single (Hello) that was everywhere. 

24 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

These trolls literally look unhinged 

OBHs

”obvious absurd lie to belittle Britney”

*unwarranted spam of :bibliahh::bibliahh:*

They fact they actually thought they ate by saying Britney hadn't outsold Celine and Mariah in albums, one of which has released 3x(!!!) as many albums as Britney and debuted in the year she was BORN, and the other has released almost double the amount of albums Britney has and debuted a decade earlier :rip: I thought they would at least be able to provide a rational and logical argument, but I guess I was wrong :toofunny3: Notice how they keep deflecting from the facts about her radio suppression being confirmed by congress too :toofunny3: They probably regret making this thread but are just going to keep doubling down to save face.

"Britney wasn't musically influential!!!!"

Meanwhile in reality:

TIME Magazine:

Britney Spears’ Pop Legacy Goes Way Beyond Her Music

Spears was the biggest pop star of the Y2K teen pop era, and she still looms large today, with artists as varied as the nightmare-conjuring Billie Eilish and the alt-rock doyenne Courtney Love spotlighting her impact on the pop world through interviews and cover songs. 

BBC:

Britney is "the most influential pop star of her generation", with artists like Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey and Charli XCX namechecking her, writes Nick Levine.

She has been hailed as an inspiration by everyone from Lady Gaga, who in 2009 described her as "the most provocative performer of my time", to Lana Del Rey. "There is something about Britney that compelled me," Del Rey said in 2012, "the way she sings and just the way she looks." More recently, the highly acclaimed Japanese-British singer-songwriter Rina Sawayama said Spears was the first artist she fell in love with. 

Rolling Stone:

ALL HAIL THE pop queen: It’s Britney, *****. The legend. The innovator. The one and only Mrs. Oh My God That Britney’s Shameless. The woman who’s built up one of the all-time great pop songbooks, even as the world keeps trying to dismiss her as a fluke.

she’s one of the most influential, innovative pop savants ever, with a massive impact on how music sounds now. 

Alim Kheraj of Dazed called Spears "one of pop's most important pioneers".[440] After eighteen years as a performer, Billboard described her as having "earned her title as one of pop's reigning queens. Since her early days as a Mouseketeer, [Spears] has pushed the boundaries of 21st century sounds, paving the way for a generation of artists to shamelessly embrace glossy pop and redefine how one can accrue consistent success in the music industry."[399] Entertainment Weekly's Adam Markovitz described Spears as "an American institution, as deeply sacred and messed up as pro wrestling or the filibuster."[372] In 2012, she was ranked as the fourth VH1's 50 Greatest Women of the Video Era show list.[391] VH1 also cited her among its choices on the 100 Greatest Women in Music in 2012[441] and the 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons in 2003.[442] In 2020, Billboard ranked her eight on its 100 Greatest Music Video Artists of all-time list.[392]

Spears and her work have influenced various artists including Katy Perry, Meghan Trainor,[444] Demi Lovato,[443] Kelly Key,[445] Kristinia DeBarge,[446] Little Boots,[447] Charli XCX,[448] Marina Diamandis,[449] the Weeknd,[450] Tegan and Sara,[451] Pixie Lott,[452] Grimes,[453] Selena Gomez,[454] Hailee Steinfeld,[455] Pabllo Vittar,[456] Tinashe,[457] Victoria Justice,[458] Cassie,[459] Leah Wellbaum of Slothrust,[460] the Saturdays,[461] Normani,[462] Miley Cyrus,[463] Cheryl,[464] Lana Del Rey,[465] Ava Max,[466] Billie Eilish,[467] Sam Smith,[468] and Rina Sawayama.[469] During the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Lady Gaga said that Spears "taught us all how to be fearless, and the industry wouldn't be the same without her."[171] Gaga has also cited Spears as an influence, calling her "the most provocative performer of my time."[470]

Marina Diamandis named Spears as the main influence behind her album Electra Heart.[472] Lana Del Rey has said that the music video for "Toxic" inspires her.[473] Spears has had a direct influence on singer Porcelain Black's work after growing up around her music as a child. Black describes her music as a "love child between" Spears and Marilyn Manson.[474]

Edited by Miichael
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, banterfly said:

This is pretty subjective though. Objectively, it would be hard to go against a diamond album that broke so many records with a single (Hello) that was everywhere. 

The Grammy Award for Album of the Year is an award presented by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States to "honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales, chart position, or critical reception."[1] 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Speaking of awards lets not forget the blatant LIE Swifties run with thinking Taylor made Kanye huge after 2009 VMAs.:lmao:

It's the reverse of the Kanye delusion that he made Taylor huge after 2009. The fact was they were both big at the time, which is why it was such a big deal. 

1 hour ago, heaven.on.earth said:

i can’t imagine not liking britney; that’s like hating on a puppy 😭

You don't even have to like Britney, but she's relatively harmless, so I don't get the outright hatred.

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

They fact they actually thought they ate by saying Britney hadn't outsold Celine and Mariah in albums, one of which has released 3x(!!!) as many albums as Britney and debuted in the year she was BORN, and the other has released almost double the amount of albums Britney has and debuted a decade earlier :rip: I thought they would at least be able to provide a rational and logical argument, but I guess I was wrong :toofunny3: Notice how they keep deflecting from the facts about her radio suppression being confirmed by congress too :toofunny3: They probably regret making this thread but are just going to keep doubling down to save face.

"Britney wasn't musically influential!!!!"

Meanwhile in reality:

TIME Magazine:

Britney Spears’ Pop Legacy Goes Way Beyond Her Music

Spears was the biggest pop star of the Y2K teen pop era, and she still looms large today, with artists as varied as the nightmare-conjuring Billie Eilish and the alt-rock doyenne Courtney Love spotlighting her impact on the pop world through interviews and cover songs. 

BBC:

Britney is "the most influential pop star of her generation", with artists like Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey and Charli XCX namechecking her, writes Nick Levine.

She has been hailed as an inspiration by everyone from Lady Gaga, who in 2009 described her as "the most provocative performer of my time", to Lana Del Rey. "There is something about Britney that compelled me," Del Rey said in 2012, "the way she sings and just the way she looks." More recently, the highly acclaimed Japanese-British singer-songwriter Rina Sawayama said Spears was the first artist she fell in love with. 

Rolling Stone:

ALL HAIL THE pop queen: It’s Britney, *****. The legend. The innovator. The one and only Mrs. Oh My God That Britney’s Shameless. The woman who’s built up one of the all-time great pop songbooks, even as the world keeps trying to dismiss her as a fluke.

she’s one of the most influential, innovative pop savants ever, with a massive impact on how music sounds now. 

Notice that I said Britney wasn't musically-influential and your first source was, "Britney Spears’ Pop Legacy Goes Way Beyond Her Music."

Yeah, she pioneered the label puppet pop girl imagery and is remembered for her 2007 drama. Great musical legacy.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The Grammy Award for Album of the Year is an award presented by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States to "honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales, chart position, or critical reception."[1] 

Cool, so the academy agreed 25 was the more excellent album.

Just now, banterfly said:

No. They rewarded 25 for boosting music industry sales. Beyoncé deserved that award, point blank and the period. :michael:

4 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I’m in agreement that Lemonade should have won over 25, but 25 is still a good album and the Grammy’s voting block is largely songwriters and other individuals  involved in song making rather than song performing.  25 is definitely more a type of album that group would gravitate too. 

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

No. They rewarded 25 for boosting music industry sales. Beyoncé deserved that award, point blank and the period. :michael:

Based on what? The academy clearly said the award is not based on critical reception too. 

Just now, suburbannature said:

Notice that I said Britney wasn't musically-influential and your first source was, "Britney Spears’ Pop Legacy Goes Way Beyond Her Music."

Yeah, she pioneered the label puppet pop girl imagery and is remembered for her 2007 drama. Great musical legacy.

Where did any of those MANY receipts and opinions from people who are actually in the music industry mention anything about her "2007 drama" or her being a "label puppet"? 

Give it up sis, you've been gathered, now you're just coming across like a bitter miserable hater who can't admit they were wrong, I know you're better than this :rip:

11 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not u dismissing Taylor’s cultural impact in the country community? :mandown:

spacer.png

There's no such thing as cultural impact. You're either successful or not.

• Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, banterfly said:

Excluding Beyoncé, Grammys are still racist. They just toned down their antics over the years.

spacer.png

Just now, Miichael said:

Where did any of those MANY receipts and opinions from people who are actually in the music industry mention anything about her "2007 drama" or her being a "label puppet"? 

Give it up sis, you've been gathered, now you're just coming across like a bitter miserable hater who can't admit they were wrong, I know you're better than this :rip:

As usual, you have not gathered anyone but have spiraled into an Army echo chamber attempting to convince yourselves that Britney is some sort of musical legend with any redeemable artistic skills while making endless excuses about her flopping. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.