• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• dirrtydiana

• Odeon

• Miichael

New Army lie unlocked: Suburbannature has made frequent threads about Britney's radio ban

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, FolkLover1989 said:

I used to think you were Taylor stan for some reason :rip:

Because I am a Taylor stan! I just love mess. :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

Just now, airplane said:

Taylor Swift is the beatles of this generation 

Told by the one of the Beatles themselves and many other industry legend :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

New Army lie unlocked: Suburbannature has made frequent threads about Britney's radio ban

giphy.gif

Now what has Britney done to you to deserve this mess :ghostface:

5 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

this is kind of another stan lie. there's nothing wrong or drag-worthy with what happened but the reality is that amazon would not go behind the back of a major label and one of the biggest artists at the time to run a promotion like that without their knowledge and cooperation. amazon music wants good relationships with talent. if gaga's team did not want that to happen, it would not have. 

It’s not though. Yes, Interscope probably approved the sale but why would they not? They had nothing to lose and can add a several thousand more sales onto their H200 lead. One key fact that detractors love to ignore is that Born This Way was one of many, many albums being sold for $.99 during that promotion. I normally wouldn’t even feel the need to defend this but the cognitive dissonance that has been created around this is unreal.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Told by the one of the Beatles themselves and many other industry legend :heart:

They were all coked up when they said that

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Most of Britney Spears’ career has been falsely inflated by lies from her fans

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

When the Hive claims Billboard changed their tracking week because of her self-titled album :rip:

1 hour ago, Domination said:

The reality is neither Gaga nor her label were involved with orchestrating the $.99 deal. Amazon purchased every digital album from Interscope at full wholesale price and sold them at a loss to promote what would become Prime Music. Don’t bother replying with some mental gymnastics because whatever you're going to say has been debunked and debased. 

Right? I can't at the usual delusional people in 2023 still thinking that Gaga and Interscope were making decisions for the biggest company in the world :redface:

They would have done it with all the rest of digital stores if it was the case, it was obviously an Amazon decision.

• Like 2

I believe I've made everyone believe that Tinashe's Faded Love went #1 for 3 weeks in a row on the Hot 100 :jonnycat: And I'm not ashamed of it. You would do it too for a check.

the britney radio ban was proven false right? 

8 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Right? I can't at the usual delusional people in 2023 still thinking that Gaga and Interscope were making decisions for the biggest company in the world :redface:

They would have done it with all the rest of digital stores if it was the case, it was obviously an Amazon decision.

Oh that’s not…

let’s just say amazon was not the biggest company in the world in 2011

@Pheromosa no. That pseudo wannabe music industry executive Britney hater got swiftly clocked in that thread with legal documentation proving the radio blacklisting. Only thing they did was unintentionally prove other artists were also blacklisted lol

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brintey's "radio ban" was so ******* hilarious. I legit believed it until @iHype exposed their lies with receipts on OldTRL :bibliahh:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, airplane said:

Taylor Swift is the beatles of this generation 

She pretty much is though. You obsessively hating her does not change that :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Oh that’s not…

Whatever, that's not the point of my post anyway, it was still one of the biggest companies in the world and certainly Gaga or Interscope weren't taking decisions for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Lie 3: Britney faced a radio ban

Reality: Only the Clear Channel stations played her slightly less for a few months.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276122&title+CLEAR-CHANNEL-ON-CONGRESSIONAL-RADAR

she still received airplay:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-15-at-3-35-12-PM.png

I wouldn't call this a lie per se, but it's the wrong choice of words. She wasn't outright banned, but her airplay was definitely suppressed and that's a fact that was even acknowledged by members of congress at the time. But of course OBH try to act like it's a total fallacy and something Britney stans just created out of nowhere :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Oh that’s not…

@Pheromosa no. That pseudo wannabe music industry executive Britney hater got swiftly clocked in that thread with legal documentation proving the radio blacklisting. Only thing they did was unintentionally prove other artists were also blacklisted lol

There are receipts in this very thread showing all Clear Channel stations were still playing her during the supposed ban 

Those stations not having her on heavy rotation for a few months is not a radio ban :ahh: 

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

There are receipts in this very thread showing all Clear Channel stations were still playing her during the supposed ban 

Those stations not having her on heavy rotation for a few months is not a radio ban :ahh: 

I already told you those “receipts” you posted show S4U being played which is when it started 

I also told you it wasn’t a ban, it was a blacklist legal documents show other artists who were also affected by this. Am I not saying it right? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

I already told you those “receipts” you posted show S4U being played which is when it started 

I also told you it wasn’t a ban, it was a blacklist legal documents show other artists who were also affected by this. Am I not saying it right? 🤷‍♀️ 

You can't be "blacklisted" yet still played with average rotation on every Clear Channel station :ahh: 

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Why are you all so pressed about Britney?

Your fav are never touching her. Move on. 

Britney Spears still is the biggest name in pop since Madonna

Careful the OP won't be able to handle this dose of reality. Their posts might get even more unhinged.

OT: Why ignore the fact that we know her airplay was being suppressed? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Miichael
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Miichael said:

Careful the OP won't be able to handle this dose of reality. Their posts might get even more unhinged.

Britney Spears is objectively not bigger than Celine, Mariah, Whitney, Taylor. She's sold less than half of the amount of albums as the first two.

• Thumbs Down 1

@suburbannature don't know which Britney stan bit u on the ass

but u weren't this OBH when Gaga stans were calling u a Britney fan when u were dragging them :ahh:

ot:

About the RadioBan :cm:  :

IMP:
The singles from the 'Britney' album weren't banned, they were blacklisted from getting normal rotation.  This meant that no matter how much the song was requested or how popular it was, Clear Channel radio gave orders to radio stations to not give her songs regular airplay. Clear channel did this to punish major artists who did not sign contracts with their touring agency.
In 2003, the US Senate held a hearing to investigate Clear Channel and that is when the public/ fans had proof of what we suspected for years. Britney was named as one of the punished artists.

Criticism towards Clear Channel's fraud actions was well reported:
https://www.salon.com/2001/08/08/antitrust_4/
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-feb-25-fi-clear25-story.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/25/arts/charges-of-payola-over-radio-music.html
http://reclaimdemocracy.org/clear_channel_backlash/
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/26/business/clear-channel-investigated-by-justice-dept.html
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-aug-24-et-boehm24-story.html

Citing press reports and "first-hand accounts by affected recording artists and copyright owners," Berman explains that Clear Channel stands accused of "punishing" artists for refusing to use its concert promotion arm, Clear Channel Entertainment (the former SFX). Such artists who have incurred Clear Channel's wrath, including Britney Spears, have had ads for their concerts "buried" and their songs kept off the company's stations, Berman says, noting that "the consolidation of the radio industry also lends growing support to persistent allegations that record companies often must pay radio stations to play the music of their artists." Philip Anschutz's Concerts West scored the Spears tour business last August.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=276122&title+CLEAR-CHANNEL-ON-CONGRESSIONAL-RADAR

Literally FORBES wrote about their FRAUD (*and Britney was mentioned)

It's also one of the reasons some people despise the company. Clear Channel's conservative, homogeneous ways rankle many listeners. Earlier this year the company yanked shock-jock Howard Stern off the six Clear Channel stations that carried his show, after he joked once too often about race and sex. And when Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks made antiwar comments last year, some Clear Channel outlets banned all Chicks songs. It was the choice of the individual stations, but Mays &Co. emerged looking like stiflers of free speech.

"If Clear Channel had controlled radio during the Fifties the way they control it today, we'd all still be listening to Frank Sinatra," says Washington lobbyist Rintels.

Clear Channel has fired dozens of on-air personalities and replaced them with "voice tracking,'' which allows a single host to do shows in several cities without ever leaving the home studio. Listeners are led to believe it's a local broadcast. From his studio in Los Angeles, Sean Valentine has the number one afternoon show on KIIS 102.7 FM in L.A. He also has the top-rated show on Cincinnati's KISS 107.1 FM, and he tailors his syndicated show for 13 other markets.

But the system has glitches. In North Dakota, where the company owns 24 of the state's 80 stations, railcars filled with poisonous material overturned in 2002, emitting toxic fumes that killed one person. The police in the town of Minot called a nearby radio station, hoping to broadcast a warning to citizens. But there was no one available to get the word out. Clear Channel was filling airtime with on-air personalities who were anchoring from thousands of miles away.

Such incidents fuel charges that Clear Channel's methods have diminished the personable, local flavor of radio. The company contends the quality is better now because only top-notch talent is used. "People say we've done it only to save money, but we've really done it to improve," Hogan says. "It's a way of deploying better talent to a market."

But everywhere it turns, Clear Channel has an image problem: its sheer size. When pop tart Britney Spears dropped Clear Channel in favor of a competitor to promote her 2001 tour, Clear Channel's stations were accused of cutting her from the playlist. The company insists it never retaliates and that its programmers compose playlists to meet listener demand.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/1018/106.html#2a6ffcac496b

It's hilarious that your only "proof" that Britney wasnt banned is that "Clear Channel top 3 radio stations played her", all you are proving is that they were playing her less and less.
Britney, literally the top selling, tour force, most popular artist of the time, started getting poor airplay of all sudden? And that's not suspicious?

especially when you take into consideration she chose Pepsi over Clear Channel to be her tour sponsor

-
Her peaks on Pop Radio:

#1 ...Baby One More Time
#4 Sometimes
#4 (You Drive Me) Crazy
#16 From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
#1 Oops!... I Did It Again
#9 Lucky
#14 Stronger

*It's announced Britney teams up with Pepsi*

#36 Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know
#18 I'm A Slave 4 U
#21 I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
#34 Overprotected
#32 Boys

Not a single song surpassing FTBOMBH.

After the ban was allegedly lifted, she had:
 #11 Me Against the Music
#1 Toxic
#4 Everytime

+

They literally took them to COURT

A congressman literally sent them a letter about their fraud :dies:
https://web.archive.org/web/20031225154847/https://www.house.gov/berman/newsroom/clear_channel_letter.html

And Britney wasn't the only one blacklisted :toofunny3: Madonna and Xtina were picked on too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.