• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 99sandthe2000s

• Sabandija

• Alex

• monologueNacafe

Wow!  She really ate every inch of that up.  Her movement and choreography was top tier.  She was in that pocket boy!

almost here… :jonny6:

the way every music video this era was a 10. 

she really did THAT! 

• Like 2

On My Mama video madre me really excited about this album. I hope she delievers.

I would love her to release a jaguar complete edition on vinyl. :lakitu:

48 hours :duca:

I think I'm going to make a playlist combining the two volumes as well as adding in 'Smoke', 'Coastin' and 'F.U.C.K'.

• Like 1

yeah we definitely need JAGUAR (Complete Edition) in some format with all the droplets added on.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 9:15 AM, dangerousalex said:

almost here… :jonny6:

the way every music video this era was a 10. 

she really did THAT! 

I feel as if, visually, Smoke didn't belong to this era.

Party Girls deserved much better. Those outfits were fire. I can't believe how hot she looks in those short jeans and shinny crystal chain. The best she's ever looked.

On My Mama deserves to smash.

I hope she delievers on the rest of the album.

I wonder if we will ever hear the music from the original 'JAGUAR II' ? wouldn't be surprised if she shopped them around to other artists like Coco Jones and Normani.  

50 minutes ago, mons†er said:

I wonder if we will ever hear the music from the original 'JAGUAR II' ? wouldn't be surprised if she shopped them around to other artists like Coco Jones and Normani.  

if they were all produced by D'Mile, I can only assume some beats went to that Silk Sonic album 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

if they were all produced by D'Mile, I can only assume some beats went to that Silk Sonic album 

ugh, hopefully she gets a collaboration. 

1 hour ago, V$. said:

:superman:

what a great read, I really hope more people pick up on this release. On My Mama is definitely a step in the right direction (and the music videos were always amazing already) so hopefully everyone tuned into that will follow to this :heart:

• Like 3

Is this a WW release, or a local release? Cuz I’m ready for tomorrow morning if it’s local :duca:

Edited by stephen1108

Poor Victoria so many big releases this Friday 

“Hollywood” is a warm, retro song that’s reminiscent of the ‘80s anthems played at any Black family function. And that’s mainly because Earth, Wind & Fire, a group that ruled the playlists throughout Monét’s childhood, is the featured artist. Monét, who has described the group as an inspiration for Jaguar, said the studio session with the funk behemoths was a full-circle moment.

Jaguar II also draws inspiration from another funk legend, Chaka Khan. Monét wanted the album to feel like a representation of Khan’s 1978 classic “I’m Every Woman” and convey women’s diverse personalities. In return, she unlocked a new level of sexiness that feels empowering.

The new album marks the end of the Jaguar series—a motif Monét created to prove she was ready to transition from being an acclaimed songwriter to a full-fledged R&B star. And although the latest saga doesn’t feel like a proper conclusion and begs for another chapter in the series, she said she’ll release a deluxe edition before moving to her next era. She’s even considering making an “On My Mama” remix with the hopes of including Megan Thee Stallion.

https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a44882510/victoria-monet-jaguar-ii-interview/

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Poor Victoria so many big releases this Friday 

she'll be fine. praying for a top 10 debut though. 

A deluxe :jonny5:

Honestly, I hope she releases a 'complete' edition like others have said in this thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Automatic said:

A deluxe :jonny5:

Honestly, I hope she releases a 'complete' edition like others have said in this thread.

a complete edition with 3 unreleased songs from the intended JAGUAR II :duca:

I also wouldn't mind a live album because 'Jaguar' live is orgamsic

the horns :jonny5:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sabandija said:

I feel as if, visually, Smoke didn't belong to this era.

Party Girls deserved much better. Those outfits were fire. I can't believe how hot she looks in those short jeans and shinny crystal chain. The best she's ever looked.

On My Mama deserves to smash.

I hope she delievers on the rest of the album.

it does feel closer to the jaguar pt 1 moodboard.

snippets are out!
https://music.apple.com/nz/album/jaguar-ii/1689676516

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.