• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

RIP the passengers but I kind of have to laugh at the moral grandstanding in here towards people laughing about this situation when that billionaire’s son was using his situation to flirt with onlyfans girls and attend concerts :deadbanana4:

I don’t personally like to make comments about the dead usually but if someone’s son serves that (morally right or wrong) the holier than thous in here should relax a touch

The stepson was probably asked to come along but he was smart. It's always the mean ones who survive. The son of the businessman probably wanted an outing with his father and was easy going. It just goes to show what kind of person you need to be to survive in this world.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Espresso said:

And there you have it.

They never stood a chance.:coffee2: 

Okay but this is slightly a kiii

”y’all hear somethin’? :coffee2:” and then three different countries waste millions on a search and rescue mission :skull: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

At least now there's no point making a movie.

It probably felt like they just teleported :deadbanana:

What?  There are still going to be tons of movies and documentaries on this.  People's minds went absolutely wild so the possibilities are endless.

what was the difference between this sub and the one James Cameron used?

2 hours ago, Baby Judas said:

bro went down there 33 times.. :rip: 

so, this tour to the titanic is not a new thing? but this oceangate one is the only known one that ended tragically? :rip: 

Oceangate was probably the cheapest option. You would be surprised how many wealthy people are actually really cheap. There was an incident not too long ago where a private jet hit a mountain because of the cabin system failing causing everyone onboard to pass out. I wouldn't be surprised if the jet was faulty to begin with and bought at auction so that the wealthy person buying it could save a few bucks.

the US Navy is a mess for gatekeeping the information. :shakeno:

5 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

What?  There are still going to be tons of movies and documentaries on this.  People's minds went absolutely wild so the possibilities are endless.

documentaries maybe..

movies ?? hell no. if they were trapped and rescued, it would have been the story of the year and a guaranteed #1 box office smash telling how they fought for survival and then got to make it home to their families. What kind of movie will they make now seeing as it literally imploded and they never got to their destination and all of the searching/hoping was all for nothing. Sounds like the absolute worst movie of all time to me... 

The audacity of the Pakistani man to allow his son to go with him :biblio:

I mean RIP to everyone but that REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, I did not know a child was on board. Yes 19 is a child. 

• Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

what was the difference between this sub and the one James Cameron used?

Brain cells.

Rest in peace to those that passed. It wasn't smart to go down there in the first place, but they were still failed. Just tragic. 

Another example of history repeating itself because we refuse to learn, and leave things alone. 

14 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Everything about why this happened is pretty obvious and it's all out there tho. There's no mystery about it and the most mysterious part is why they decided to go on this :deadbanana:

Plus, they didn't even get to the Titanic. Their journey kinda ended before it even started :rip:

I guess some documentaries lashing the company would be nice.

Edited by ddddynamite

While I have a lot of sympathy and compassion for those who have lost their lives and their families, I keep seeing their colleagues saying that the explorers and OceanGate were aware of the risks and knew how dangerous it was, so I can't wrap my head around why it has been made available as a tourist attraction? I understand that there are people who are willing to risk their lives in the aid of research but to make it a tourist expedition that you can buy just makes it seem like something like this was just waiting to happen. I know that all of the passengers were informed of the risks and still chose to go ahead, but it's heartbreaking for that 19 year old guy who probably trusted his father's judgement and assumed it was something that was relatively safe or at least more tried and tested than it really was.

16 minutes ago, Speaker Phone said:

Do you tell people with stage 4 cancer "you're likely going to die"?

You actually do though :chick3: the patient and family must know this kind of things to make an informed decision. 

14 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

documentaries maybe..

movies ?? hell no. if they were trapped and rescued, it would have been the story of the year and a guaranteed #1 box office smash telling how they fought for survival and then got to make it home to their families. What kind of movie will they make now seeing as it literally imploded and they never got to their destination and all of the searching/hoping was all for nothing. Sounds like the absolute worst movie of all time to me... 

On the contrary...

One movie will be based on the true story and what factually happened.  It could detail the lives of the five people leading up to the voyage, the voyage itself, the implosion, rescue efforts/media frenzy, and finally when they find the wreckage plus announce the implosion to the world.  The movie could then end with scenes from a memorial.

Another movie will probably be much darker and explore the sub getting stuck in the Titanic's wreck and the fight for survival among the passengers before eventually being rescued.  Only one or two passengers live to tell the tale because they all turned on each other in desperation to survive and conserve resources (food, water, and oxygen).

Edited by BeenTheShit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miichael said:

While I have a lot of sympathy and compassion for those who have lost their lives and their families, I keep seeing their colleagues saying that the explorers and OceanGate were aware of the risks and knew how dangerous it was, so I can't wrap my head around why it has been made available as a tourist attraction? I understand that there are people who are willing to risk their lives in the aid of research but to make it a tourist expedition that you can buy just makes it seem like something like this was just waiting to happen. I know that all of the passengers were informed of the risks and still chose to go ahead, but it's heartbreaking for that 19 year old guy who probably trusted his father's judgement and assumed it was something that was relatively safe or at least more tried and tested than it really was.

Idk if I would necessarily call it a tourist attraction. I don't think you can just sign up online lol. Plus the price is way too high for like 99.9% of the population. You definitely have to know the right people and have connections

14 minutes ago, ddddynamite said:

Everything about why this happened is pretty obvious and it's all out there tho. There's no mystery about it and the most mysterious part is why they decided to go on this :deadbanana:

Plus, they didn't even get to the Titanic. Their journey kinda ended before it even started :rip:

I guess some documentaries lashing the company would be nice.

See this post above.  Directors are going to go absolutely wild with this cultural phenomenon.  The possibilities with this story from both a factual and fictional standpoint are endless.

Edited by BeenTheShit
wrong link
  • Like 1

Not ATRL already on a screenplay. :skull:

But I agree there's still a lot of unanswered question. Besides it doesn't have to be a mystery.

Titanic didn't have a mystery either, but people went the see the love story and how sad its to watch

how Leo died

I just saw this and I feel so awful. This is the actual tragedy here :sad: 

2 minutes ago, harwee said:

Not ATRL already on a screenplay. :skull:

But I agree there's still a lot of unanswered question. Besides it doesn't have to be a mystery.

Titanic didn't have a mystery either, but people went the see the love story and how sad its to watch

Reveal hidden contents

how Leo died

It could be more of an investigative movie that showcases the carelessness of the company and its owner. Show the ominous buildup towards the disaster with the clear warning signs and then when the event itself happens switch to the panicked crew on the ship and the search and rescue & eventual investigation.

3 hours ago, Jotham said:

Apparently, the son didn't even want to go but decided to go because it was Father's Day and his dad loved the Titanic...

That's heartbreaking. He was so young.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

And there you have it.

They never stood a chance.:coffee2: 

Jesus :doc:

2 minutes ago, Speaker Phone said:

Yeah, the history of the Titanic is fascinating - it really is the 'perfect disaster' when you think about it. In the sense that a very delicate series of events led to its demise.

1) There were not enough lifeboats on board because they were considered visually unappealing when seen from an exterior viewpoint.

2) The ship was going too fast, which they believe is because the officers wanted to arrive a day early (Monday evening instead of Tuesday morning). They would arrive in time to make the next day's newspapers, and this would be great PR.

3) There was a new moon that night, meaning there was no visible moon to light up the iceberg to the lookout crew.

4) The sea was completely still, there were no waves to crash against the iceberg, again making it almost invisible to the eye.

5) They fired one of the lookout crew because he showed up late and was denied boarding. He happened to have the only key to one of the ship's storage lockers, which held the ship's binoculars. He forgot to leave the key behind when he left.

6) When they did spot the iceberg, the First Officer ordered the ship to turn, to avoid it. Good intentions, but because of this decision the ship collided with the iceberg diagonally, and 6 watertight containers were breached. The Titanic could only afford to lose 4 watertight containers. If they had collided with the iceberg head-on, everyone on the ship would have been thrusted forward, no doubt leading to injury/death, and the ship would have been unfit to sail, but it would not have sunk.

7) Though 6 watertight containers were breached, the gashes were actually very small. According to the NYT, "the team found the damage to be astonishingly small -- a series of six thin openings across the Titanic's starboard hull. The total area of the damage appears to be about 12 to 13 square feet, or less than the area of two sidewalk squares. What doomed the ship was the unlucky placement of the six wounds across six watertight holds, the experts say."

So damage that was only two sidewalk squares in size, sunk the Titanic. :shutup:

I think it speaks to how fascinating it is just based on the fact that we are talking about it right now and people perished just trying to get a glimpse of the wreck. Even more than a 100 years later Titanic is able to completely take over the public conversation.

• Like 1

What a sad end to the story, I was hoping for a miracle. And shocked at how tiny and scary that sub is... I knew there were tourist subs taking bored rich people to see the Titanic but I thought it was some luxurious experience when in reality it's just a handful of people crowded in that little thing. RIP.

13 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Omg? Hope the father is burning in hell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.