Missing Titanic Submarine Megathread | All Passengers Presumed Dead

WildAmerican

It's just an all-round sad scenario. Going that deep can be very unforgiving. Very tragic.

Edited by Cottonmouth

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

32 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Not even. The pressure is so intense that they all would have became nothing. It would have happened within nanoseconds so their brains would not even have had any time to process what just happened, so zero pain. They basically just instantly ceased to exist like a snap of a finger. That's best case scenario. If they actually got stuck that would be a torturous way to go. 

God that's so... frightening. The cringe the US Coast Guard team must have felt when journalists kept asking when their bodies would be recovered... 

3 minutes ago, rooby.booby said:

I have to say i made a few joke myself with my friends and laughed at some memes and videos. Why? The only answer i can give is because how can you be so stupid to go on that sub seeing so many red flags, starting with the logitech controller and the mention of death 4 times in the first page. Not sure a good enough reason to laugh about but i did it. 

On the other hand, this is so tragic. Rich or not, how can you say they deserve to die because they had money? 

The people saying this got major because of the rich people, lol no. It got big because of the stupid decision they made, the sub being a mess, all the messy details and of course the Titanic. 

RIP to them all and so sorry for the families. 

The same way people can jump from a plane. Technically, something can always go wrong. Clearly, these people have also been misinformed about the condition of the sub. We sign countless waivers in our lifetime, most people don’t spend time reading them.

• Like 2

King has spoken

kinda ended them

Edited by WildAmerican

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but I think that explosion had to have happened early on (within the 8hrs they didn’t report) right?

Memes are always gonna be funny, that's why they're called memes. But considering it's confirmed they literally imploded and died, it's distasteful to still laugh at memes imo. A 19yo son who only went to appease his dad literally lost his life. It's disheartening to see how people are so desensitized to death nowadays. 

1 minute ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but I think that explosion had to have happened early on (within the 8hrs they didn’t report) right?

They don't know the exact timing, but they do know it was on Sunday because the sonar Canada deployed on Monday didn't catch any implosion sound. 

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I am not an expert on the story but I believe the implosion likely happened when they lost contact, so like an hour and 45 min after they submerged.

Edited by Domination

44 minutes ago, bad guy said:

The cringy lack of empathy because they're "rich" or whatever excuse is so try-hard. Having no empathy for human beings under the guise of class solidarity is just a lame excuse to express how shi*tty/cringy of the person you are :rip:

As dumb a decision or not this is an unfortunate situation. RIP and condolences to the families.

Not even. The pressure is so intense that they all would have became nothing. It would have happened within nanoseconds so their brains would not even have had any time to process what just happened, so zero pain. They basically just instantly ceased to exist like a snap of a finger. That's best case scenario. If they actually got stuck that would be a torturous way to go. 

PERIOD.

The son not even wanting to go is so tragic, I feel the worst for him.

2 minutes ago, Sombre said:

They don't know the exact timing, but they do know it was on Sunday because the sonar Canada deployed on Monday didn't catch any implosion sound. 

2 minutes ago, Domination said:

I am not an expert on the story but I believe the implosion likely happened when they lost contact, so like an hour and 45 min after they submerged.

I just said that cause in the cbs special where the sub lost contact for like 2 hours they turned off the internet on the main ship so no one could tweet 

2 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

Y’all ain’t **** :ahh:

OT: RIP 

9 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

King has spoken

kinda ended them

bro went down there 33 times.. :rip: 

so, this tour to the titanic is not a new thing? but this oceangate one is the only known one that ended tragically? :rip: 

22 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

I mean...

:gaycat6:

:skull:

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

The son not even wanting to go is so tragic, I feel the worst for him.

How do we know that?

6 minutes ago, jadeabove said:

How do we know that?

His aunt said so to NBC here.

Edited by mystery

8 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

bro went down there 33 times.. :rip: 

so, this tour to the titanic is not a new thing? but this oceangate one is the only known one that ended tragically? :rip: 

OceanGate was specifically trying to develop this for ultra wealthy tourists. Other modes of getting down there would require more legitimate watercraft that have undergone costly and rigorous testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenB said:

Someone died with their child in the submarine. Did you not feel empathy for Kobe Bryant dying in the helicopter crash with his child? 

That is not the same thing at all :rip:

Well, at least it was sudden and they didn't suffer. I still don't understand why they would do this, and I know the submarine had done a couple of successful trips, but still.

The idea of going that deep underwater  :mazen:

1 minute ago, mystery said:

His aunt said so to NBC here.

I consider myself a super anxious person, and if my dad had asked me to do this, I would have told him never in a million years. How tragic!

The older sister of Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood feels "absolutely heartbroken" that her brother and her 19-year-old nephew were aboard the Titan vessel.

"I feel very bad that the whole world has had to go through so much trauma, so much suspense," Azmeh Dawood said in a phone interview this afternoon, speaking from the home in Amsterdam she shares with her husband.

"I feel like I’ve been caught in a really bad film, with a countdown, but you didn’t know what you’re counting down to," she said, fighting back tears. "I personally have found it kind of difficult to breathe thinking of them."

Azmeh claimed that her nephew did not want to go on the submarine but agreed to take part in the expedition because it was important to his father, a lifelong Titanic obsessive. Suleman "wasn't very up for it" and "terrified," she claimed, explaining that the 19-year-old expressed his concerns to another family member.

"If you gave me a million dollars, I would not have gotten into the Titan," she said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/missing-titanic-submersible-live-updates-rcna90538#rcrd14466

Sorry but this story was a TRIP :rip: It’s not funny that they died per se but more like a huge lesson in not doing what t you obviously shouldn’t be doing.

3 minutes ago, Modus said:

I feel bad for the 19 yo kid :gaycat6:

Yeah that is truly tragic. I mean, the entire thing is. But some very indefensible choices were made.

I feel bad for everyone involved and their families, especially for the young boy. 

Seems very dangerous since the beginning. Even if I ever own all the money I'd never do something similar. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.