Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

RIP, but let this be a lesson to all rich people. Now lemme forget about it 

11 minutes ago, ptolemaea said:

Was it confirmed the craft imploded?

Yes, the Coast Guard confirmed it earlier today.

Not someone saying "it could've been a member of your family", like ????? I didn't know every family was capable of taking a trip to the bottom of the sea. Let alone do it with such little preparation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Sombre said:

Any life is a life that's worth saving

If you had the opportunity to prevent a genocide, which implies ending the lives of a smaller group or a single person, would you do it?

49 minutes ago, Sombre said:

Memes are always gonna be funny, that's why they're called memes. But considering it's confirmed they literally imploded and died, it's distasteful to still laugh at memes imo. A 19yo son who only went to appease his dad literally lost his life. It's disheartening to see how people are so desensitized to death nowadays. 

I think many of us saw in real time how tragic events like Sandy Hook was the biggest story of the year in the early days of social media, now a story like that is reduced to a common tabloid headline. I think it’s just the consequence of human life constantly not being valued (according to our world leaders, politicians, conservatives, etc.) and people are just bound to trying to make light of any tragic situation. I’m not saying that’s a good thing, it’s horrible that we respond less in an empathetic way… but I kind of get why people are like this. Like 9/11 is a punchline now, it’s crazy. :deadbanana:

“It couldve been someone you know”

thats literally why you arent seeing the most empathetic response to it. most people will NEVER have to worry about the possibility of this happening to them or anyone they know. most of us are too poor to make this stupid of a decision. RIP to them all, especially the 19yo who had his whole life ahead of him :/

Edited by jjmed59
  • Like 2

Glad I don’t have this much money to make a decision like this

I know due to legal stuff the media can’t say the passengers are dead because we don’t have any physical proof (bodies). 

But the presumed dead kills me, like do y’all think this is The Abyss and some Alien ass mothafuckers saved them before the craft imploded? 

1 hour ago, Janet said:

How do you know that 

based on their past trips, it takes about 2 hours to get from the surface all the way down to the Titanic. They lost communication at 1:45 hours into their trip which is when people are guessing the submarine imploded. 

4 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

But the presumed dead kills me, like do y’all think this is The Abyss and some Alien ass mothafuckers saved them before the craft imploded? 

Sure, baby. Sure.

18 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

If you had the opportunity to prevent a genocide, which implies ending the lives of a smaller group or a single person, would you do it?

not the trolley problem ddd

Think of the millions and millions of $$$ spent mobilizing the ships, the submarines etc to find the wreckage. Would this have been a big deal if these were just ordinary people and not billionaires with political ties? Hmm.. I hope the oceangate company is paying all of that, not the ordinary taxpayers. 

56 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

That is not the same thing at all :rip:

Yes it is, if you are not caring about people tragically dying just because they're rich, then how is comparing it to another tragedy with rich victims not the same? 

Not oceangate.com being offline :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Think of the millions and millions of $$$ spent mobilizing the ships, the submarines etc to find the wreckage. Would this have been a big deal if these were just ordinary people and not billionaires with political ties? Hmm.. I hope the oceangate company is paying all of that, not the ordinary taxpayers. 

I read they don’t mind cause they can put their practice to use :dies:

It’s sad this happened. I feel for them not because they were rich but because they were humans too with families… especially the young guy :shakeno: 

• Like 2

This is so sad, especially given how avoidable this all was. I'd like to think literal BILLIONAIRES truly believed the submarine was safe. We NOW see just how (almost comically) bad this submarine was built, but did they know that...probably not? Given the 100% confidence in safety from the CEO and him attending every trip, the fact there had already been previous expeditions to the Titanic with this very sub as well as other subs, that if each trip is costing a quarter of a million dollars per person, you would assume they are using the best and safest material for the submarine no matter the cost, especially given the importance of the clientele.

I still can't help feeling bad for them idk. Of course they never should have done such a pointless trip to the Titanic in the first place, but if they were to then they definitely should have done more research. but like I said above I can see why they didn't think it would be as dangerous as it ended up being (hindsight is 20/20) 

that trash CEO gets NO sympathy though. Straight up LYING and saying his submarine was "obscenely SAFE" despite a worker lichrally being fired for having safety concerns :biblio:  no safety inspections. Failed trial runs. Skimping on material for the submarine (using a combo of titanium and carbon fibre instead of just titanium, I assume because it was CHEAPER)...death was inevitable. And he knew all this and still was charging people a fortune to go on these trips. He can ROT :biblio:  

Edited by EriKills
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

I know due to legal stuff the media can’t say the passengers are dead because we don’t have any physical proof (bodies). 

There won't be any physical proof of the bodies because they evaporated immediately when the implosion happened. They literally do not exist in any physical shape or form anymore.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

It's so tragic, especially for the families grieving their loved ones. Condolences to all of them. 

At the same time it's ridiculous that all of those grown people (minus this young guy) willingly put themselves in a situation like this. They chose to be put on a fragile tiny capsule to travel into the deep sea to watch Titanic through a tiny window for literally minutes. 

Implosion is the worst case scenario

I would rather run out of oxigen but have a slim chance of survival...

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

There won't be any physical proof of the bodies because they evaporated immediately when the implosion happened. They literally do not exist in any physical shape or form anymore.

I know it just kills me they won’t say they are dead. It’s “presumed”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.