• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Not shocked at all, one video of a reporter showing off one of these submarines showcased how cheaply they are made. Hope all turns out well.

It has a literal ******* joystick for controls...

This is the video of the reporter.

OMG when I saw the headlines I knew it had to be the submarine team from that CBS piece :deadbanana2: like this was a disaster waiting to happen smh

Hoping for a miracle...

Edited by Gui Blackout

Looks like they have actually been missing for more than a day now, this won't end well.

the way this man continues to be a Menace to society. 

Terrifying, can’t imagine the fear they must’ve experienced :(

7 hours ago, Mike91 said:

Imagine it sinking to the bottom of the ocean in some random area, while you're still alive, and them never being able to find you. :deadbanana:

OMG!!

I understand the fascination, but they'd have been better off looking at all of the footage we already have of the Titanic, safely on the surface. I'd never want to go to such depths for this very reason. If it's been as long as it already has been, about a day, then they're resting with the Titanic.

Imagine just sitting there waiting to suffocate or freeze to death in pitch black. :mazen: Absolute nightmare fuel. 

Honestly the best case likely scenario is that the sub suffered a breach. The resulting implosion would have killed them in a millisecond, 25x faster than the brain can respond to stimulus and 150x faster than the brain can process a reaction.

A nightmare :mazen: I hope they’re found alive but it’s not looking good…

I can’t believe people paid money to go into the deep OCEAN

i don’t fx with the ocean let alone deep in it

This is so horrifying.

Titanic is one of my fav movies of all time but I would never go to that tour!

Titan, the missing tourist submersible, was operated by a video game controller and had parts that were described as “off-the-shelf components.”

During a tour of the vessel in a CBS News segment that aired in November, OceanGate Expeditions CEO Stockton Rush pointed out some of these unexpected features, including a light fixture from CamperWorld and a makeshift toilet with a plastic bottle.

He brought out a Logitech game controller, saying that “we run the whole thing with this.” It was not immediately clear whether the submersible was operated with such a controller during the latest mission.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/titanic-missing-submersible-live-updates-rcna90103

:biblio: 

The actual Navy uses Xbox controllers for submarines y’all can be so dense sometimes it’s a lot deeper than their choice of control :gaycat7:

22 hours ago, mystery said:

The wreck is falling apart slowly but it is still in relatively ok shape, the thing that is speeding up its decay is the frequent visits.

Screaming 

I'll be shocked if they get them back alive, literally a nightmare

58 minutes ago, KingKhalid said:

The actual Navy uses Xbox controllers for submarines y’all can be so dense sometimes it’s a lot deeper than their choice of control :gaycat7:

They are wired though. These people here trusted their lives on a Bluetooth connection. 

so im guessing either

1. implosion at the wreckage site (lost contact ~1.5 hours in and i read it takes 45 min to descend) but then wouldnt they have heard the noise?

2. resurfaced and drifting around the ocean somewhere (they’ve not seen anything searching an area the size of Connecticut apparently but also the sub is white and easy to miss):ace:

3. stuck and adrift at the wreckage site (emergency balloons not working?)

4. went inside one of the Titanic parts (emergency balloons deployed and stuck inside) :deadbanana:

5. attacked by a giant squid or other territorial/hungry sea creature and dragged off to god knows where:lakitu:

8 minutes ago, Butters said:

so im guessing either

1. implosion at the wreckage site (lost contact ~1.5 hours in and i read it takes 45 min to descend) but then wouldnt they have heard the noise?

2. resurfaced and drifting around the ocean somewhere (they’ve not seen anything searching an area the size of Connecticut apparently but also the sub is white and easy to miss):ace:

3. stuck and adrift at the wreckage site (emergency balloons not working?)

4. went inside one of the Titanic parts (emergency balloons deployed and stuck inside) :deadbanana:

5. attacked by a giant squid or other territorial/hungry sea creature and dragged off to god knows where:lakitu:

For all of that to not work would be a huge problem to the company. Like how can all that malfunction? 
I was guessing too for them to disappear like that but it’s the least possible sign. Is that they simply got attacked by a giant sea beast/monster. Like a giant squid or shark. 

Truly horrible. My nightmare is to be in a plane that is about to crash. But now I don't know what is worse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.