• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

Why does this feel like another version of the Triangle of Sadness movie but IRL :deadbanana:

7 minutes ago, onapearl said:

The big difference is, I don't think any of the people you listed came from a background with a lot of money. Working class or poorer (correct me if I'm wrong). They have experience with struggle. 

I COMPLETELY agree. None of them came from wealth or nepotism or anything. I didn't. Most of us don't, including our favs. So, we know how to best use our ££, and we also have intentions to help others when we "make it". One of my teenage wishes was to open a school in India - to this day I wish I could. The people I listed are "self made", but to be honest, most artists who succeed come from nothing. I cant think of a single prolific singer/actor/artist who became insanely huge without a ton of hard work/struggle/hustle. And even the ones who come from nepo families, they still have to have talent and work hard.

Edited by JayG
  • Like 2

the netflix documentary about to pop out regarding this OU-

The fact that James Cameron is one of 3 people who has been to the deepest part of the ocean. ::redface:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Attitude said:

The amount of resources that are being used to rescue these people. Not to mention the other people they are putting at risk to dive and look for them. I find it hard to be feel sorry for these people. :skull:

If they survive, they should have to pay for the full expenses of the search and rescue mission.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

world moved

Not my fanfiction happening in real time. :deadbanana4: I hope they’re found. 

even if they were to find it how would they get it out exactly

the twist and turns to this story omg :biblio: reading the banging noises gave me chills 

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

even if they were to find it how would they get it out exactly

They would have an underwater robot grab the sub (its only around 7ft*21ft*8ft) and lift it to the surface. There a few robots that can do this, and the US Navy shipped one to the area tonight.

But it would be a miracle if they find anyone alive on the sub. Most likely scenarios is that the carbon fiber cracked leading to the whole sub imploding instantaneously or there was a leak that would have filled the cabin instantaneously. 

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

I’m so confused why this is such a huge story :deadbanana4:

I think the most interesting/newsworthy thing about it is how scary it would be to go out like that :deadbanana2:

The consequences of having more money than sense. :shakeno: 

I only feel bad for the 19 year old kid. The rest? Not so much tbh.

2 hours ago, SLIME said:

the animals at the bottom  :redface:

https://neal.fun/deep-sea/

this was so interesting omg the ocean gives me so much anxiety but it’s so beautiful to learn about 

This feels like one of those fables warning against the perils of arrogance. 

These people payed hundreds of thousands of dollars to ride in an untested submarine, that a bunch of guys made with video game controls and for which they purposefully avoided official inspection. And they chose to take it multiple miles down to the ocean floor, where even properly regulated, professional submersibles have very little room for error.

Did they think their money would somehow save them? Their fate was sealed the moment they stepped on that death trap.

Edited by Pop Life

1 hour ago, Speaker Phone said:

I don't think this is news because the passengers are rich, it's more the nature of the event. Tragic though it is, refugee boats sink all the time.

Look at the Thai Cave rescue, Germanwings plane crash, Malaysia Airlines plane - all got just as much coverage even though they happened to ordinary people.

Again, it's an extraordinary event and an interesting news story. That's why it's so popular.

This!

Sea is so much scarier than space 

3 hours ago, JayG said:

I'm also talking about climbing mountains, bungee jumping, paragliding, hot air balloons and all these things. Theres just too much risk if something goes wrong.

While I would never have gone in this car boot sale submarine, this is a bit :doc:

Death is coming for you whether you live in a padded room wrapped in cotton wool or not. It's human nature to explore and doing things that push you beyond your comfort zone is a good thing, providing it's done responsibly and there's a reasonable degree of safety (unlike in this case).

5 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

While I would never have gone in this car boot sale submarine, this is a bit :doc:

Death is coming for you whether you live in a padded room wrapped in cotton wool or not. It's human nature to explore and doing things that push you beyond your comfort zone is a good thing, providing it's done responsibly and there's a reasonable degree of safety (unlike in this case).

I fully agree with this, the point of life isn’t to just not die until you’re 90

10 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

I fully agree with this, the point of life isn’t to just not die until you’re 90

Why does going outside your comfort zone have to mean going to the bottom of the ocean? These kind of risk taking adventures aren’t worth your life. 

Could the animals be making those sounds and banging noises ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.