This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

fun fact i filmed this part of the mv where she wears the black body suit

• Like 2

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

• ATRL Moderator

I should have given cmita a better score if I knew it would be this low 

17 minutes ago, greento said:

So nice, how refreshin' you crush all the competition, you can ask me if I'm busy tonight

9VkhXFO.png

Carly takes her second loss of the rate with “So Nice” leaving at #45. The song features a chorus of la-la-las as Carly daydreams about how “nice” her lover is. She describes how different this relationship is and how much easier it is than what she’s known before. @Miichael observes “Something about this is giving Spice Girls album track. It’s cute I like it”. @Ewan Chaos displays his appreciation for the song despite what the rest of ATRL might think “Really underrated! I know ATRL hates men being on anything at all so they hate the "la-la-la-lala" bits, but I love them and the overall funk on this track.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - beomgyu

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - BlackoutZone

BOZ YOU ARE BONES

Everything's going my way, and I like to get my way, even when things go sideways

y42MBjF.png

The Loneliest Time is becoming lonelier by the second as it loses a third track in this set of reveals. “Sideways” is an upbeat pop song where Carly relates how her partner is always able to boost her confidence even on her worst days. The instrumentation is perky and cheerful which compliments the positive attitude exhibited in the song by Miss Jepsen. While the song didn’t stand out to me much on first listen, it did eventually grow on me. Still I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top of my rankings for this album, so I think where it landed is a respectable position.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - MP2K

10 - beomgyu

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

• ATRL Moderator

Ok…. The wrong Carly songs are going.  

western wind and go find yourself still in     Plz guys, be serious 

Just now, madonnas said:

Ok…. The wrong Carly songs are going.  

western wind and go find yourself still in     Plz guys, be serious 

oh we are dead serious :jonny5:

I tell myself to take it easy, don't think twice about it, baby

5vyu4fA.png

The closing track of the standard edition of CRASH is next to leave us. “Twice” is a reassuring track about trying not to worry too much about things that are out of your control and just telling yourself to take it easy. Charli has said that “This is a very important song to me because I’ve never written a song about the end of the world and this is what “Twice” is about, so it’s a different subject matter for me.” The song ascends into a glistening outro with echoey vocals that close the album effectively with a good message. @supaspaz gives the highest of high praise to the track: “She stole that bridge from “Speak For Yourself”-era Imogen Heap and I mean that as the highest compliment.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Born to Run

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

i couldn't care less about these Charli/Carly songs tbh... Rina OUTSOLD

FhnFloS.gif

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, greento said:

5vyu4fA.png

The closing track of the standard edition of CRASH is next to leave us. “Twice” is a reassuring track about trying not to worry too much about things that are out of your control and just telling yourself to take it easy. Charli has said that “This is a very important song to me because I’ve never written a song about the end of the world and this is what “Twice” is about, so it’s a different subject matter for me.” The song ascends into a glistening outro with echoey vocals that close the album effectively with a good message. @supaspaz gives the highest of high praise to the track: “She stole that bridge from “Speak For Yourself”-era Imogen Heap and I mean that as the highest compliment.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Born to Run

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

WHAT THE FUUUUCKKKK

i was gonna give this a ten hit then thought “I gave too many tens”

Iconic hook iconic vocals iconic lyrics. 

lets finally end this flop set of forgettable songs :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greento said:

lets finally end this flop set of forgettable songs :gaycat7:

right i gtg take a bath 

Pulled apart my feelings so raw, voices shout so loud, can't ignore

8VsD7pA.png

To close out reveals for the day we have a Charli XCX bonus track in the form of “How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now”. Interpolating the classic “Saturday Love” by Cherrelle, this up-tempo, garage-influenced song was produced by Charli’s current boyfriend, George Daniel, of The 1975, and you can definitely hear the influence. In the first verse, the line “But I cried all night in the backseat” is a reference to the Pop 2 opener “Backseat”, which, coincidentally, features Carly Rae Jepsen. I feel like the song would have fit perfectly on the standard track list, along with most of the bonus tracks Charli relegated to deluxe edition exclusives. :katie:

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - creativity.

10 - Born to Run

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

me and @NewStanner when Holy wins this rate and serves Rina justice for the early robbery

ezgif.com-resize(3).thumb.gif.b743ca6ef9

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Twice out before WW, call on me, NODFL,, GFYOW, SIIHY

YALL! WHAT 

Like how is TWICE out?

There needs to be a recount..this is blasphemous 

20 minutes ago, greento said:

Everything's going my way, and I like to get my way, even when things go sideways

y42MBjF.png

The Loneliest Time is becoming lonelier by the second as it loses a third track in this set of reveals. “Sideways” is an upbeat pop song where Carly relates how her partner is always able to boost her confidence even on her worst days. The instrumentation is perky and cheerful which compliments the positive attitude exhibited in the song by Miss Jepsen. While the song didn’t stand out to me much on first listen, it did eventually grow on me. Still I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top of my rankings for this album, so I think where it landed is a respectable position.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - MP2K

10 - beomgyu

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

10 minutes ago, greento said:

5vyu4fA.png

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Born to Run

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

ATTENZIONE, PICKPOCKET!!!

ATTENZIONE, BORSEGGIATRICI!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greento said:

Pulled apart my feelings so raw, voices shout so loud, can't ignore

8VsD7pA.png

To close out reveals for the day we have a Charli XCX bonus track in the form of “How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now”. Interpolating the classic “Saturday Love” by Cherrelle, this up-tempo, garage-influenced song was produced by Charli’s current boyfriend, George Daniel, of The 1975, and you can definitely hear the influence. In the first verse, the line “But I cried all night in the backseat” is a reference to the Pop 2 opener “Backseat”, which, coincidentally, features Carly Rae Jepsen. I feel like the song would have fit perfectly on the standard track list, along with most of the bonus tracks Charli relegated to deluxe edition exclusives. :katie:

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - creativity.

10 - Born to Run

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

NEXT

Charli XCX - CRASH (10/16 remaining)

Crash

New Shapes (with Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek)

Good Ones

Constant Repeat

Beg for You (with Rina Sawayama)

Move Me

Baby

Lightning

Every Rule

Yuck

Used to Know Me

Twice

Selfish Girl

How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now

Sorry if I Hurt You

What You Think About Me

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl (7/13 remaining)

Minor Feelings

Hold The Girl

This Hell

Catch Me In The Air

Forgiveness

Holy (Til You Let Me Go)

Your Age

Imagining

Frankenstein

Hurricanes

Send My Love To John

Phantom

To Be Alive

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme (10/13 remaining)

No One Dies From Love

Suburbia

2 Die 4

True Romance

Grapefruit

Cute & Cruel (with First Aid Kit)

Call on Me (with SG Lewis)

Attention ***** (with Channel Tres)

Pineapple Slice (with SG Lewis)

I'm to Blame

Kick In The Head

How Long

Borderline

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time (13/16 remaining)

Surrender My Heart

Joshua Tree

Talking to Yourself

Far Away

Sideways

Beach House

Bends

Western Wind

So Nice

Bad Thing Twice

Shooting Star

Go Find Yourself or Whatever

The Loneliest Time (with Rufus Wainwright)

Anxious

No Thinking Over the Weekend

Keep Away

Thanks everyone for following along today! Hopefully I'll be back about same time tomorrow for 40 to 31...

7 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

me and @NewStanner when Holy wins this rate and serves Rina justice for the early robbery

hold the grammy gonna do that :clap3:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, greento said:

5vyu4fA.png

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @Born to Run

10 - MP2K

10 - Rev8

10 - SLIME

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

:biblio:

NOT TOO MUCH on So Nice and CMITA..

1061448050142347284.gif?size=96&quality=

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.