This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

We're halfway through getting the bottom 8 out of the way and already three out of four albums have taken a hit. Will Carly escape the bottom 8? :jonny5:

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

The way we won't see a Carly song for quite a while... that's talent.

AbU8Bss.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, greento said:

We're halfway through getting the bottom 8 out of the way and already three out of four albums have taken a hit. Will Carly escape the bottom 8? :jonny5:

Yes because nothing on The Holiest Time is as bad as Hold the Grammys (This Album Will Never Get) and CRASH (My Career)

spacer.png

Edited by Love Again
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Not a top 5 material from Crash, I'm flopping badly

AbU8Bss.gif

@halcyonday sis, why did you pan this bop when Used To Know A Boring Song is right here...

AbU8Bss.gif

I actually like Used to Know Me :ahh: i had to sabotage some songs sis 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, greento said:

And I'm sorry for the things I've done, I misguided love to my only son

j0DC8G8.png

The first song to leave the rate shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone; it’s Rina’s acoustic ballad “Send My Love To John”. While most agreed the song has a heartfelt message, many ATRLers found it to be too corny, and others called it just plain boring, with @gatito saying they were “falling asleep” by this point in the album. It is also the only song in the rate to score an average of below 5! :deadbanana4:

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - NewStanner

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - halcyonday

1 - 4Real

1 - Matthew4815

1 - kandicha

1 - Born to Run

1 - cockatoo

0 - @ONOPKA

0 - @creativity.

0 - @Price of Fame

0 - @gatito

Sis @NewStanner what is this 10 :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Hold The Grammys (that this albums completely deserves) got six 10s from me (and an 11), while The Floppiest Time got none, so lemme respectfully disagree

AbU8Bss.gif

Fix it Jesus

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, greento said:

And I'm sorry for the things I've done, I misguided love to my only son

j0DC8G8.png

The first song to leave the rate shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone; it’s Rina’s acoustic ballad “Send My Love To John”. While most agreed the song has a heartfelt message, many ATRLers found it to be too corny, and others called it just plain boring, with @gatito saying they were “falling asleep” by this point in the album. It is also the only song in the rate to score an average of below 5! :deadbanana4:

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - NewStanner

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - halcyonday

1 - 4Real

1 - Matthew4815

1 - kandicha

1 - Born to Run

1 - cockatoo

0 - @ONOPKA

0 - @creativity.

0 - @Price of Fame

0 - @gatito

Beautiful story song. ATRL can’t stand gay people who have relationships with their parents.

Send My Love is top-5 on HTG, let's save the lashings for Minor Quality and Unforgivable.

AbU8Bss.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

Well, all these minor feelings, are majorly breaking me down

Nxakr8f.png

With #54, we return to Rina Sawayama. “Minor Feelings” is the opening track of Hold The Girl and is titled after the book by Korean-American poet Cathy Park Hong, which is about the marginalisation of the Asian-American experience. Rina compares the song to her debut’s opener and says it “sets the thesis for the record – like “Dynasty” did on SAWAYAMA”. In contrast, @Ewan Chaos thinks that it is a bit of a "nothing song... compared to "Dynasty"". Structurally, the song stands out among the other tracks on the album, with two consecutive verses that build up to a resounding final chorus.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - halcyonday

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - 4Real

1 - Matthew4815

1 - Born to Run

Just now, greento said:

Well, all these minor feelings, are majorly breaking me down

Nxakr8f.png

With #54, we return to Rina Sawayama. “Minor Feelings” is the opening track of Hold The Girl and is titled after the book by Korean-American poet Cathy Park Hong, which is about the marginalisation of the Asian-American experience. Rina compares the song to her debut’s opener and says it “sets the thesis for the record – like “Dynasty” did on SAWAYAMA”. In contrast, @Ewan Chaos thinks that it is a bit of a "nothing song... compared to "Dynasty"". Structurally, the song stands out among the other tracks on the album, with two consecutive verses that build up to a resounding final chorus.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - halcyonday

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - 4Real

1 - Matthew4815

1 - Born to Run

Y'all are trash!!?????!!!!! This is one of the best songs here 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

Hold The Grammys (that this albums completely deserves) got six 10s from me (and an 11), while The Floppiest Time got none, so lemme respectfully disagree

AbU8Bss.gif

Well, there’s no accounting for taste!

• ATRL Moderator

All those comments I wrote and they’re not even being used. Flopping harder than all of these albums did on the charts.

I never thought that I'd get this right, but I finally know what it feels like to be alive

RpsY8J4.png

Rina’s third song to exit the rate is “To Be Alive”, the closing track of the album. Lyrically, it focusses on Rina finally finding pure joy and learning to appreciate every aspect of life. While I think it is a good closer to the album, it’s cheesiness hinders it from being great. @Ewan Chaos stated that he feels the song is “incredibly overhated” but still “on the lower end” of the album. @supaspaz believes that “Rina needs to cut the dull ballads from the next album and get back to what she does best: weird dance-pop”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - halcyonday

10 - GraceRandolph

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Sanguine

1 - Temporal

0 - @Born to Run

All these Hold the Cheques (I Won’t Be Receiving From This Album) songs in the bottom 8 :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

The way everyone is rooting against This Hell, but it just won't leave, we love a fighter

AbU8Bss.gif

The payola must be investigated

spacer.png

Just now, greento said:

Rina's finally getting a break for the next reveal

Ran out of songs to expell?

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 1

Know I deserve what's comin', but after the pain, is there more?

bpMiFfE.png

Dirt Femme loses another track at #52 with “I’m to Blame” bowing out there. This track stands out from the rest of the album thanks to its organic sounding instrumentation and self-reflective lyrics. Tove has said that the song is more “poetic and nuanced” where she is “usually pretty blunt”. ATRLers had some strong opinions on this one, with @Supervillain going as far to say it is “possibly her worst song ever”. Personally, I think the song works very well on the album and is a nice change of pace to the dance pop tracks that precede it.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - greento

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

0 - @Ewan Chaos

0 - @Supervillain

0 - @madonnas

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, greento said:

I never thought that I'd get this right, but I finally know what it feels like to be alive

RpsY8J4.png

Rina’s third song to exit the rate is “To Be Alive”, the closing track of the album. Lyrically, it focusses on Rina finally finding pure joy and learning to appreciate every aspect of life. While I think it is a good closer to the album, it’s cheesiness hinders it from being great. @Ewan Chaos stated that he feels the song is “incredibly overhated” but still “on the lower end” of the album. @supaspaz believes that “Rina needs to cut the dull ballads from the next album and get back to what she does best: weird dance-pop”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - halcyonday

10 - GraceRandolph

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Sanguine

1 - Temporal

0 - @Born to Run

The most emotional song in the entire rate. I'm DISGUSTED!!! @NewStanner

• Thanks 1

Flop the girl is living up to its name... Now if we included RINA EP songs, they would stomp all over others

the last reveal of the set is coming up next...

which song will drop out before the top 50?? :nicole:

when i write down the names of y'all who gave Rina 0s and 1s and secretly report you...

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greento said:

Know I deserve what's comin', but after the pain, is there more?

bpMiFfE.png

Dirt Femme loses another track at #52 with “I’m to Blame” bowing out there. This track stands out from the rest of the album thanks to its organic sounding instrumentation and self-reflective lyrics. Tove has said that the song is more “poetic and nuanced” where she is “usually pretty blunt”. ATRLers had some strong opinions on this one, with @Supervillain going as far to say it is “possibly her worst song ever”. Personally, I think the song works very well on the album and is a nice change of pace to the dance pop tracks that precede it.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - greento

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Born to Run

0 - @Ewan Chaos

0 - @Supervillain

0 - @madonnas

i forgot this song existed :rip: 

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

when i write down the names of y'all who gave Rina 0s and 1s and secretly report you...

AbU8Bss.gif

43372p.jpg

• Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.