This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Let's get This Noise OUT as quickly as possible.

AbU8Bss.gif

MHMMMM

spacer.png

I want it this way, these moments really set me free

QxD0rQM.png

Charli XCX is next to lose a song, with the promotional single, “Every Rule”, bowing out at #57, just managing to avoid last place. One of the more emotional tracks on CRASH, “Every Rule” describes a “genuine and beautiful love story” about a past relationship, according to Charli. It is one of the oldest songs on CRASH, being written pre-pandemic. ATRLers were not kind to this song, with @Ewan Chaos saying it’s “easily bottom 1” and @Supervillain calling it “******* trash”. The scores for this song were very middling, it had much fewer haters than #58. However, it was given no 10s or 11s, explaining how it just barely managed to scrape an average above 5.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

None

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Supervillain

0 - @jacklovesyou1

Edited by greento
  • Haha 1

I literally have no idea what this sounds like and that says enough

spacer.png

This Trash not being in the bottom 2 is shocking and appalling

spacer.png

Just now, Love Again said:

spacer.png

Too many Liddos in this rate, I fear.

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 3

Every Rule isn't THAT bad y'all. But that Rina song is.

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

spacer.png

I gave it a 4/10, should’ve given it a 0. 

• Haha 1

We both got some demons to exorcise, why say you hate me to feel alive?

zpx7TVW.png

Sticking with the CRASH tracks, next up is the final bonus track of the deluxe edition, “What You Think About Me”. The lyrics appear to be alluding to Charli’s volatile relationship with her fans, being released following the infamous Twitter interaction she had with an unhappy fan. The repetitive chorus features Charli’s signature Bri'ish sing-talking, much to the dismay of @cockatoo, who moaned “I hate it when she “raps””. In contrast, @supaspaz joked that “Lily Allen is shaking!”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - jacklovesyou1

10 - Born to Run

Haters (0s and 1s):

0 - @halcyonday

0 - @kimberly

0 - @Quicksand

Perched for the results :doublescoop:

Edited by Blue Jeans

Not CRASH having 2 tracks out already. Come on y'all.

Just now, Matthew4815 said:

It’s the weakest album along with HTG.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Matthew4815 said:

And its two worst songs (Beg for a Hit and Used to Sampling) are somehow still in.

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 3

Honestly thought To Be Alive would be first out, so I'm glad John left first. Worst song on HTG but still better than Choden Family and Bad Friend lmao

Every Rule bad too, bye! What You Think About Me is a liiiiiiiiittle underrated.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

The other way around for me, I love the HTG and Crash is good. Queen Tove's album is alright, but lowkey disappointing. The Boriest Time tho... chile anyways

AbU8Bss.gif

Carly will deservedly STOMP STOMP STOMP and the tasteless will deal.

spacer.png

• Like 1

"What You Think About Me" is an abomination. it's offensive to call that music and put it on the same album as "Lightning."

AbU8Bss.gif 

Ready for a few Crash flops but then it occupying the majority of top-10 :storm:

• Like 1

Just now, NewStanner said:

I just imagined Bleach House in the top 10, I just know that this rate will leave me with a PTSD

AbU8Bss.gif

Praying my 11 works and this actually happens.

AbU8Bss.gif

Just now, NewStanner said:

I just imagined Bleach House in the top 10, I just know that this rate will leave me with a PTSD

AbU8Bss.gif

I gave BH a 6 so hopefully it doesn’t go too far. 

11 minutes ago, greento said:

We both got some demons to exorcise, why say you hate me to feel alive?

zpx7TVW.png

Sticking with the CRASH tracks, next up is the final bonus track of the deluxe edition, “What You Think About Me”. The lyrics appear to be alluding to Charli’s volatile relationship with her fans, being released following the infamous Twitter interaction she had with an unhappy fan. The repetitive chorus features Charli’s signature Bri'ish sing-talking, much to the dismay of @cockatoo, who moaned “I hate it when she “raps””. In contrast, @supaspaz joked that “Lily Allen is shaking!”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - jacklovesyou1

10 - Born to Run

Haters (0s and 1s):

0 - @halcyonday

0 - @kimberly

0 - @Quicksand

AbU8Bss.gif

Love can be weak and strong, it's how you break your heart

AtPpayL.png

The first collaboration to leave us is Tove Lo and First Aid Kit’s “Cute & Cruel”. Tove wrote the song with one of her favourite producers Elvira and has stated that it is about “accepting what love does to a you as a human being”. She described the sound as “folksy” and “cinematic” which is why she employed vocals from First Aid Kit, who was already familiar with that kind of sound. It appears that the song wasn’t too popular among ATRLers. Even @pavi, who loves the song and fittingly called it "cute", admitted that it “could’ve been an interlude”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - pavi

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - halcyonday

1 - Supervillain

1 - creativity.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greento said:

Love can be weak and strong, it's how you break your heart

AtPpayL.png

The first collaboration to leave us is Tove Lo and First Aid Kit’s “Cute & Cruel”. Tove wrote the song with one of her favourite producers Elvira and has stated that it is about “accepting what love does to a you as a human being”. She described the sound as “folksy” and “cinematic” which is why she employed vocals from First Aid Kit, who was already familiar with that kind of sound. It appears that the song wasn’t too popular among ATRLers. Even @pavi, who loves the song and fittingly called it "cute", admitted that it “could’ve been an interlude”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - pavi

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - halcyonday

1 - Supervillain

1 - creativity.

Yeah this song goes nowhere 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.