Golden Hit: Season 4 ๐Ÿ“€ Congrats to Kylie Jenner! ๐ŸŒธ

fountain

1 hour ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

So excited for the grand finale! Two typos in my last submission โ€ฆย :pig:

ย 

it should be โ€œseasons of your loveโ€ not โ€œseasons of you loveโ€, and โ€œI became a nomadโ€ not โ€œI became I nomadโ€.

ย 

sorry for the sloppiness, hope the judges can mercifully forgiveย 

Typos make it more fun to read :pool:

• Haha 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Jackson

• Hiatus

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a typo it's an artistic form of expression

ย 

IyQOLGR.gif

Edited by PoKiTaurus
BYE I actually made a typo lmao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fountain said:

Well ATRL was down but all the entries are in!ย 
ย 

The songs of Round 6, Self Portrait Final:

@OreGuyย - Kid

StormPulse - I Was Just A Child

@worldwide angelย - musings of an imperfect soul

@XO_Lifeย - stronger than i ever was

@Hugย - Lost in the Mirror

@Julianna Calm Downย - NOMAD

@Kylie Jennerย - The Great Pretender

@Auroraย - Third Wish

@PoKiTaurusย - Hibiscus

ย 

@Jacksonย @Legend Eย @JoeAgย @TruGemini

ย 

Iโ€™m also happy to announce that the Season 4 Finale will be taking place July 31st 5PM EST! Itโ€™s hard setting a time but weโ€™ve tried picking one that should hopefully work across a majority of our time zones. This will include the results for the final round, but also the results of the season as a whole and your averages across each song these past six weeks! We hope you can be there :heart:

ย 

Countdown to the finale:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20230731T17&p0=179&msg=Golden+Hit+Season+4+Finale&font=cursive

ย 

๐ŸŒธ

Best of luck, everyone! We all scored another top ten hitโ€”continually maximising our joint slay. :heart:

ย 

I will be working during the final results, and celebrating my father's birthday afterwards, but I'll hopefully find a chance to congratulate the winner(s) on my break.

ย 

7 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

The site going down like an hour after deadlineย :rip:

Would it truly be a season of Golden Hit without some form of server downtime, maintenance, or plague of errors? I think not.

ย 

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Typos make it more fun to read :pool:

This emoji choice wouldn't be a reference to the iconic and legendary "sweaty poodle" lyric, written by esteemed judge @Legend Eย now, would it? :eli:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

i hate you both so much fevf;d

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

This emoji choice wouldn't be a reference to the iconic and legendary "sweaty poodle" lyric, written by esteemed judge @Legend Eย now, would it? :eli:

ย 

8 hours ago, Legend E said:

i hate you both so much fevf;d

:gaycat7:ย 
Pleaseeeeeย :dies:ย omg it was not but wow my subconscious mind, itโ€™s powerย 

ย 

this emote is ingrained as Legend E in my mind now

:pool:
ย 

:heart:ย And I am left all on my own

In a sweaty poodle smelling like us :heart:

• Haha 2

my sister is in town visiting this weekend, so i won't have time to finish judging until likely monday morning. i already wrote most of my reviews though so hopefully i can finish the rest pretty early on mondayย 

• Like 2

ATRL games section event of the year is approaching. I need to sort out my red carpet look

• Like 1

Iโ€™m trying to get my final round feedback posted soon :heart:ย I wanted to have it done earlier but I had to go to the hospital today :rip:ย  But I am okay and gonna work on it nowย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Iโ€™m trying to get my final round feedback posted soon :heart:ย I wanted to have it done earlier but I had to go to the hospital today :rip:ย  But I am okay and gonna work on it nowย 

Hope youโ€™re alright :hug:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

I hope you are okay :cries:ย 

• Like 1

spacer.png
Round 6: Self Portrait Final

ย 

@OreGuy - Kid

I knew I was in for something touching right off the bat with โ€œI lost my golden years at the hand of insecurityโ€. This song is really beautiful and in my opinion youโ€™re strongest to date. I loved how introspective this was and it was a really fantastic embodiment of the self portrait theme. This has been your most successful season yet and Iโ€™m really glad that you have taken part consistently each week. Weโ€™ve seen some really great songs from you and you even came super close to getting top three in Round 4, but this song is my favourite and the one that I hope earns you a top three spot.ย 

ย 

@worldwide angel - musings of an imperfect soul

I will miss getting to read your writing after this round. Consistently you invite us into colourful and dreamlike landscapes, but this time the landscape is your mind. I love that. I loved reading this song. The second verse in particular just completely spoke to me. Your writing very often does and I think your success suggests that others would agree with me. This does feel very much like a stream of consciousness song, yet itโ€™s still very lyrical, well written, and a great act of self portrait. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever not said this to you, but this was another completely lovely song to have experienced. This season would not have been the same without your contributions, so I thank you for doing so.ย 

ย 

@XO_Life - stronger than i ever was

Youโ€™re right in saying many of your entries this season already dealt with this theme, however this song works as a fantastic close to the season and to your overall writing journey. Iโ€™m glad that you decided to end things on a more positive note, this really does feel like a closing track to an EP or something and I think it works really well. Despite being on the more simple side I actually enjoy that choice, as it keeps the message simplistic and resonant. Youโ€™ve done a great job this season, even earning a #2 spot, and youโ€™ve written a lot of bold and personal songs, and I hope you are happy with this time and feel that your writing has grown, because in my opinion it definitely has.ย 

ย 

@Hug - Lost in the Mirror

This is a more somber but definitely relatable take on the challenge. Iโ€™m sure the idea of not being pleased with what you see in your reflection can resonate with almost anybody, so it forms a great basis of your song. It seems a few times this season you nearly didnโ€™t submit for a round, but youโ€™ve managed to pull through with a fantastic song in each case. Though I do wish the song ended on a more hopeful note, is actually feels very realistic that the pessimistic attitude doesnโ€™t go away and will instead only continue. Itโ€™s one thing to hope or to put on an optimistic facade, but to keep this more somber tone definitely makes this feel like even more of a poignant song. This has been another fantastic season for you overall, with many stand out songs and that shows in your placements (court of public opinion deserved better though!!). Thank you for taking part, you are always a legend and I hope you have enjoyed it!

ย 

@Julianna Calm Down - NOMAD

I completely agree with you that this will be a relatable piece for many people. Unfortunately a lot of us do end up in these situations where we give more of ourselves away than we receive, so I think this will resonate in that way. What I love is that overall I find this pretty empowering. The nomad is accepting of the circumstances - thought unfortunate - and puts themself first and opposed to keeping something toxic going for longer than need be. Though damage is already done, I like that this is written in the aftermath of the nomadโ€™s decision because I feel it offers a lot more perspective in this way, as opposed to coming from the direct moment itself. I find it a really touching looking back song, a mix of somber but also empowering, and I do personally hope that the nomad, though they have made the right choice, may eventually find another home. Overall, youโ€™ve done an amazing job this season. This was your debut season and immediately we were all impressed by how you jumped in and delivered such great songs straight away. You really got it and just gave quality right from the start! I can also say personally that it really was a joy getting to see a bit more of your process this season through your use of the mentoring, itโ€™s very clear to me that you put a great deal of effort and thought into your songs, and I feel itโ€™s evident in the finished product too. Thank you for being a wonderful addition to this season, I really hope you have enjoyed it, and I would love to see you again in the future!

ย 

@Kylie Jenner - The Great Pretender

I mean this is FINE but itโ€™s not Madonna Came Down From The Skyโ€ฆ

Okay no, this is another really strong song from you. A hit after hit after hit EP I fear. This song is really sweet and touching, it makes me think of when I was youngerโ€ฆ although really (and sadly), I think these are feelings that can plague all of our life! I mean life itself is so confusing and weird, and I really take this song to be the manifestation of this in a person, and that is definitely something that I can heavily relate to. Itโ€™s hard to have answers to lifeโ€™s questions when life itself is so indefinite, and this song really make me think of this and took me to that place. As usual with your songs, it was catchy and I loved being able to hear it. Overall this season, it goes without saying that youโ€™ve had an amazing success. But, besides this, I want to give you your props for your consistency in writing and submitting. Before this season we had small glimpses into your writing, but this season is definitely your A Star is Born moment. Itโ€™s hard to know because we only saw a few examples, but I do get the sense that you might have stepped out of your comfort zone somewhat this season (well, submitting more than once certainly counts) and I think it has paid off. Thank you for being such a presence this season and letting us see and hear your wonderful songs, Iโ€™m wishing you great luck for the finale!

ย 

@Aurora - Third Wish

Well, I already gave you a majority of my thoughts on this song with the mentoring, but a little more praise never hurts right! This very clearly is a beautiful song and itโ€™s use of inspiration from the countries you visited is amazing. The overall theme of the genies wish, and the message of wanting to be so content with life within yourself, to the point that you donโ€™t feel the need to use the third wish, is simply beautiful. I know you were worried about this possibly not living up to your previous entry as that one itself was so special and personal to you, but I think this song perfectly compliments your previous submission and acts as a great sister song. Though your position started off uncertainly at the beginning of the season, Iโ€™m really glad that you joined and that you enjoyed this different experience of GH. Certainly, at the very least, youโ€™ve earned some special songs from it.ย 

ย 

@PoKiTaurus - Hibiscusย 

The final song of the season and my final piece of feedback!ย 

And oh wow, what a great one to end on <3. I love that you started and ended this season on such hopeful and uplifting notes. This song was completely beautiful, and very well might be one of your strongest of the season. It does have echoes of Victory Tune for me and gives me similar feelings to how I first felt when reading that song; itโ€™s like the song form of a hug, with it telling you that everything is going to be alright. And itโ€™s just so lovely to read and experience. Out of all of your submissions this season, which have been really creative, that is my favourite aspect of your writing: how strong you deliver reassurance. It is beautiful! Overall, youโ€™ve done a really wonderful job this season. With this being only your debut, youโ€™ve already made a great impact and shown such a great writing ability and so many strong songs. Itโ€™s been lovely having you as a part of this season so thank you, it would not have been the same without your presence, and I hope we get to see more of you!ย 

ย 

Edited by fountain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator

Unfortunately, I am sorry to finish like this, but I will not be able to post reviews for this round, it would take me too much time and it's already very late and I have a stressful week ahead. I am terribly sorry for this. I am scoring your entries right now though. :heart:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

ย 

@OreGuy - Kid

I knew I was in for something touching right off the bat with โ€œI lost my golden years at the hand of insecurityโ€. This song is really beautiful and in my opinion youโ€™re strongest to date. I loved how introspective this was and it was a really fantastic embodiment of the self portrait theme. This has been your most successful season yet and Iโ€™m really glad that you have taken part consistently each week. Weโ€™ve seen some really great songs from you and you even came super close to getting top three in Round 4, but this song is my favourite and the one that I hope earns you a top three spot.ย 

ย 

ย 

thank you soooo much this whole season. It has been a really interesting journey and really allowed me to challenge my creativity and writing. I love reading your reviews each time and finding ways to uplift us one way or another. Thank you sooo much and can't wait for the next ones :heart:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Hope youโ€™re alright :hug:

ย 

16 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I hope you are okay :cries:ย 

I am thank you thank you :heart2:ย it seems I have some virus going on but thatโ€™s better than a blood clot which was the alternative (not my potential Tori Kelly era)ย :rip:

ย 

It was actually my first ever hospital experience because itโ€™s usually pretty unusual for me to unwell so Iโ€™ve never had to go beforeย :emofish:ย I guess it was bound to happen eventually but it turned out okay. thank god for free healthcare!

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Sent my scores. Good luck to everyone, you all did a great job and should be proud of yourselves. It was an honour to read your entries throughout the season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, fountain said:

ย 

I am thank you thank you :heart2:ย it seems I have some virus going on but thatโ€™s better than a blood clot which was the alternative (not my potential Tori Kelly era)ย :rip:

ย 

It was actually my first ever hospital experience because itโ€™s usually pretty unusual for me to unwell so Iโ€™ve never had to go beforeย :emofish:ย I guess it was bound to happen eventually but it turned out okay. thank god for free healthcare!

Oh no, take care. :weeps:ย :heart:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OreGuy said:

thank you soooo much this whole season. It has been a really interesting journey and really allowed me to challenge my creativity and writing. I love reading your reviews each time and finding ways to uplift us one way or another. Thank you sooo much and can't wait for the next ones :heart:

:hughard:ย :hughard:ย :hughard:

thank you for being a partย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Sent my scores. Good luck to everyone, you all did a great job and should be proud of yourselves. It was an honour to read your entries throughout the season!

ย 

1 minute ago, Legend E said:

Oh no, take care. :weeps:ย :heart:

Thank you, and I hope your week ahead goes okay :heart2:ย :hughard:

• Like 1

thoughย they have made theย right choice, nah eventually find anotherย home.

ย 

This is the most beautiful usage of "nah" I've ever seen in my life.ย 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

ย 

@OreGuy - Kid

ย 

@worldwide angel - musings of an imperfect soul

I will miss getting to read your writing after this round. Consistently you invite us into colourful and dreamlike landscapes, but this time the landscape is your mind. I love that. I loved reading this song. The second verse in particular just completely spoke to me. Your writing very often does and I think your success suggests that others would agree with me. This does feel very much like a stream of consciousness song, yet itโ€™s still very lyrical, well written, and a great act of self portrait. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever not said this to you, but this was another completely lovely song to have experienced. This season would not have been the same without your contributions, so I thank you for doing so.ย 

ย 

@XO_Life - stronger than i ever was

Youโ€™re right in saying many of your entries this season already dealt with this theme, however this song works as a fantastic close to the season and to your overall writing journey. Iโ€™m glad that you decided to end things on a more positive note, this really does feel like a closing track to an EP or something and I think it works really well. Despite being on the more simple side I actually enjoy that choice, as it keeps the message simplistic and resonant. Youโ€™ve done a great job this season, even earning a #2 spot, and youโ€™ve written a lot of bold and personal songs, and I hope you are happy with this time and feel that your writing has grown, because in my opinion it definitely has.ย 

ย 

@Hug - Lost in the Mirror

This is a more somber but definitely relatable take on the challenge. Iโ€™m sure the idea of not being pleased with what you see in your reflection can resonate with almost anybody, so it forms a great basis of your song. It seems a few times this season you nearly didnโ€™t submit for a round, but youโ€™ve managed to pull through with a fantastic song in each case. Though I do wish the song ended on a more hopeful note, is actually feels very realistic that the pessimistic attitude doesnโ€™t go away and will instead only continue. Itโ€™s one thing to hope or to put on an optimistic facade, but to keep this more somber tone definitely makes this feel like even more of a poignant song. This has been another fantastic season for you overall, with many stand out songs and that shows in your placements (court of public opinion deserved better though!!). Thank you for taking part, you are always a legend and I hope you have enjoyed it!

ย 

@Julianna Calm Down - NOMAD

I completely agree with you that this will be a relatable piece for many people. Unfortunately a lot of us do end up in these situations where we give more of ourselves away than we receive, so I think this will resonate in that way. What I love is that overall I find this pretty empowering. The nomad is accepting of the circumstances - thought unfortunate - and puts themself first and opposed to keeping something toxic going for longer than need be. Though damage is already done, I like that this is written in the aftermath of the nomadโ€™s decision because I feel it offers a lot more perspective in this way, as opposed to coming from the direct moment itself. I find it a really touching looking back song, a mix of somber but also empowering, and I do personally hope that the nomad, though they have made the right choice, nah eventually find another home. Overall, youโ€™ve done an amazing job this season. This was your debut season and immediately we were all impressed by how you jumped in and delivered such great songs straight away. You really got it and just gave quality right from the start! I can also say personally that it really was a joy getting to see a bit more of your process this season through your use of the mentoring, itโ€™s very clear to me that you put a great deal of effort and thought into your songs, and I feel itโ€™s evident in the finished product too. Thank you for being a wonderful addition to this season, I really hope you have enjoyed it, and I would love to see you again in the future!

ย 

@Kylie Jenner - The Great Pretender

I mean this is FINE but itโ€™s not Madonna Came Down From The Skyโ€ฆ

Okay no, this is another really strong song from you. A hit after hit after hit EP I fear. This song is really sweet and touching, it makes me think of when I was youngerโ€ฆ although really (and sadly), I think these are feelings that can plague all of our life! I mean life itself is so confusing and weird, and I really take this song to be the manifestation of this in a person, and that is definitely something that I can heavily relate to. Itโ€™s hard to have answers to lifeโ€™s questions when life itself is so indefinite, and this song really make me think of this and took me to that place. As usual with your songs, it was catchy and I loved being able to hear it. Overall this season, it goes without saying that youโ€™ve had an amazing success. But, besides this, I want to give you your props for your consistency in writing and submitting. Before this season we had small glimpses into your writing, but this season is definitely your A Star is Born moment. Itโ€™s hard to know because we only saw a few examples, but I do get the sense that you might have stepped out of your comfort zone somewhat this season (well, submitting more than once certainly counts) and I think it has paid off. Thank you for being such a presence this season and letting us see and hear your wonderful songs, Iโ€™m wishing you great luck for the finale!

ย 

@Aurora - Third Wish

Well, I already gave you a majority of my thoughts on this song with the mentoring, but a little more praise never hurts right! This very clearly is a beautiful song and itโ€™s use of inspiration from the countries you visited is amazing. The overall theme of the genies wish, and the message of wanting to be so content with life within yourself, to the point that you donโ€™t feel the need to use the third wish, is simply beautiful. I know you were worried about this possibly not living up to your previous entry as that one itself was so special and personal to you, but I think this song perfectly compliments your previous submission and acts as a great sister song. Though your position started off uncertainly at the beginning of the season, Iโ€™m really glad that you joined and that you enjoyed this different experience of GH. Certainly, at the very least, youโ€™ve earned some special songs from it.ย 

ย 

@PoKiTaurus - Hibiscusย 

The final song of the season and my final piece of feedback!ย 

And oh wow, what a great one to end on <3. I love that you started and ended this season on such hopeful and uplifting notes. This song was completely beautiful, and very well might be one of your strongest of the season. It does have echoes of Victory Tune for me and gives me similar feelings to how I first felt when reading that song; itโ€™s like the song form of a hug, with it telling you that everything is going to be alright. And itโ€™s just so lovely to read and experience. Out of all of your submissions this season, which have been really creative, that is my favourite aspect of your writing: how strong you deliver reassurance. It is beautiful! Overall, youโ€™ve done a really wonderful job this season. With this being only your debut, youโ€™ve already made a great impact and shown such a great writing ability and so many strong songs. Itโ€™s been lovely having you as a part of this season so thank you, it would not have been the same without your presence, and I hope we get to see more of you!ย 

ย 

thank you so much :heart2:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

thoughย they have made theย right choice, nah eventually find anotherย home.

ย 

This is the most beautiful usage of "nah" I've ever seen in my life.ย 

Dhsjjdjdnd oh wow I didnโ€™t see this, I think I meant โ€œmayโ€ and either 1. I typoโ€™d from being tired, or 2. My phone autocorrected :laugh:

ย 

If you spot any other errors, no you didnโ€™t!ย 

• ATRL Moderator

Not y'all giving me the Very Popular badge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.