What is the best thing about ME!?

Taylor fanboy

The fact that it's her only lead single post-Red to not reach #1. The shenanigans couldn't save her for that one :swan:

Spoiler

I like the "there's a lot of lame guys out there" line tho :eli:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Achilles.

• Taylor fanboy

• naval23

• Steve Johnson

Honestly, the 'spelling is fun' line is my favorite part of the song

The rest of the bridge is the actual travesty.

i'll let you know when she makes it my surprise song :coffee:

I'm turning up blank, even the video is unwatchable

Oh wait I liked the trumpets,definitely thought they were fun

Edited by Invisibility

1. The reactions. Swifties hitting the copium so hard that they were convincing themselves it was for the soundtrack to an animated children’s movie and the biggest pop star in the world had to log in to tumblr.com to say, “no wtf you losers this is my lead single.” Hilarious. One of my fondest memories as a career-long stan. Then the swifties bullied her into deleting “hey kids!” even though that was the best part of the bridge. We cackled. We’re pissed off. All these different versions of songs, but WHERE is “ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)(Fan-Demanded Original Version)(From the Vault).”

2. The desperation. No pop star has ever gimmicked as desperately to try to get to #1. She sold a digital single of the live rehearsal of an awards show performance to try to bolster its chart points. 

3. Dovetailing with the desperation is the failure. All that embarrassing effort, and it failed to go #1. What an egg in the face. It was delicious. 

4. The scene in Miss Americana where she reacts to reputation missing the general field at the Grammys by saying “I just need to write a better record” and then it immediately cuts to the writing of ME! The editor deserved an Oscar nomination for such high-level trolling.

5. The BMAs performance was actually really fun, well-staged, high-energy. A shame it was wasted on a song everyone hates and overshadowed by drags because Beyoncé apparently invented marching bands or whatever. 

5. folklore may not have happened if not for covid, but you just know that the universal rejection ME! faced, paired with the fact that it made her a laughingstock, no doubt got deep under her skin and forced her to really give her all to the quality of her subsequent material.

6. I am a ME! apologist. It’s the second best single from the album, and NOT in the album’s bottom 5.

In hindsight, ME! was the highlight of the Loser era. Everything about it is just so ****ing hilarious to me. I was extremely entertained. 

:sistrens:

Edited by Achilles.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

She worked OVERTIME to give us magnum opuses "Folklore" and "evermore" and some of her best career outputs ever to erase the nasty palate she left us - and it worked :clap3:

I fear we wouldn't have gotten "Folklore" without ME! 

41 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

4. The scene in Miss Americana where she reacts to reputation missing the general field at the Grammys by saying “I just need to write a better record” and then it immediately cuts to the writing of ME! The editor deserved an Oscar nomination for such high-level trolling.

SCREAMING :bibliahh:

This essay could be a movie in itself 

it gave us something to humble swifties for eternity

53 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

:bam:

That it actually sounds like it has a chorus unlike the previous record's lead single.:coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

the whole thing duh it's a ME!ga bop:loud: ME! haters are boring & joyless

It’s a fun bubblegum pop song done right and haters will have to deal

The verses.

The cats in the video

• Like 1

The solo version she performed at certain places while promoting it was listenable. 

For some reason, Brandon really took it to another level of cringe musical theater kid vibes. And their collaboration always made 0 sense, they don’t have any chemistry as artists. 

The first verse is actually pretty well-written and classic Taylor, and it's got a nice melody, too. Other than that, it's disposable.

The music video, but I also like the song

She shouldn't have listened to the haters and kept the "spelling is fun" part :dies:

• Like 1

That you can’t spell “awesome” without “me”

It's tacked on at #16 on Lover album so you won't get to hear until much later on

The best thing about you, @Taylor fanboy, is that you appreciate music for what it is: a form of entertainment that gives you joy, excitement and happiness, no matter the singer or the public's opinion on it. And ME! is an example of that - wonderful song appreciated by a wonderful person.

The music video is legit good and a feast for the eyes. Very well-made with lots of interesting, eye-catching scenes.

QBdZpDm.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.