Doja Cat - "Attention"

kikugalanet

I like the change in direction but the song is not good for the genre it’s trying to give

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• professor2000

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Lightbringer007

1 hour ago, barbiegrande said:

Doja is the only pop girl who is doing interesting **** right now imo. This is her Rater R era

She better release her Rude Boy soon then.

• ATRL Moderator

I’m not feeling it after first listen.  It’s serving a 90s spoken word project to me 

The new artwork oh my ******* god :jonny5:

It’s trying to give but it’s not landing.

Just stick to Rules or Like That’s sound next time.

I love this.

😂 All of the other snippets she previewed were in the same vain as this track, so if you not feeling this one you probably won’t like the others as well.

THIS IS CRAZY AMAZING!!! She absolutely killed this!

Why is she is trying to sound like Kendrick Lamar but off beat...

Song is doing kinda bad in all platforms so far from Apple Music to Youtube (barely 500k in 7 hours)

I wonder if she will go back to dr luke bubble gum pop material once this one doesn't stick...

1 hour ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I had to check the credits to see if inflo wasnt involved because it really took me there to his work with simz and cleo sol with the harps lol not on this one but who knows if not on another song 

Oh absolutely the harps and bass as well sounded like Inflo/ his production on some of the SAULT stuff! Now I’m thinking about it I can absolutely hear Doja over a beat like Two Worlds Apart :duca:

I seriously doubt RCA will make her go back to the drawing board if this doesn’t stick. Doja has had enough hits to have some control by now. She’ll capture new fans with this too as well as keep the old ones really interested in her music/what she has to say. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sal said:

Its giving A&W. I ilke it

What are y'all refering to, talking about A&W ?

Love the video :heart2: 

2 minutes ago, Flocon said:

What are y'all refering to, talking about A&W ?

I believe they are referring to

Okay this is :flame:

Someone mentioned in here that it's giving Rated R era vibes and I'm seeing it too. Coming off of a smash, safe era then releasing a "risky" song like this as her lead.

The song doesn't scream "hit" like that, but it could unlock new Hip-Hop fans that don't usually listen to her.

the chorus could be a bit stronger. I loooove the melody, but the cadence is too spaced out.

overall a really good reintroduction for herself. can't wait for the album.

Edited by humbz

15 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I seriously doubt RCA will make her go back to the drawing board if this doesn’t stick. Doja has had enough hits to have some control by now. She’ll capture new fans with this too as well as keep the old ones really interested in her music/what she has to say. 

the whole era is planned and ready to go. they can’t scrap it, they’ll just remove the budget if things don’t go as planned

i highly doubt they’re expecting big numbers from this there’s probably another single coming 

I like it! 

1 hour ago, Sergiov said:

She better release her Rude Boy soon then.

not everything is for gay pop fans :rip:

My honest take: 

I DID NOT listen to leaks or snippets.

I just listened to the song and video together (preference).

Song

Thoughts: Yes, she gives Kendrick but she also gives Lauryn Hill Final Hour cadence (I don't know why people continue with the Lauryn erasure).

Love her singing vocals. Her rapping delivery is ok but her singing vocals are so breathy and heavenly.

Highs: Chorus and it has incredible replay value. this song will be on repeat for me, me fears.

Mids: Rap delivery is ok

Homage: Kendrick and Lauryn more. than Eminem but Doja was talking her ish on this track.

Grade: Solid A

Video

Thoughts: I love the rawness and how it's supposed to match the essence of the song. It reminds me of something from the 2010s but I can't place my finger on it.

Highs: Connection and theme and it looks great. I love how she's removing herself out of a sexy image so that there is no distraction. Ultimately, the guys who fantasize over her are not streaming her music and she has a strong female audience who will feel safe wit hher tone down look.

Mids: It will not have replay value for me. It didn't wow me at all

Homage: I love the Britney Everytime paparazzi/Lucky red carpet crazy stans homage. Chef's kiss

Grade: B+

Overall B+/A-

banner2.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpaceOddity said:

I doubt they're aiming for big numbers with this one, they're probably more invested on the album being this big hyped statement piece that impresses critics. 

She's on the cover of TTH and had a big video and release budget to impress the critics, sure...

15 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Love the video :heart2: 

I believe they are referring to

It’s just the same instrument 

1 minute ago, popularmoonlight said:

It’s just the same instrument 

I know I don't hear much similarity either

Love this sm. Excited for the album.

I can’t with some of y’all wanting her to do keep doing music she already has done. She’s allowed to grow and won’t be your basic hitmaker forever… find a new artist to success stan. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.