• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• professor2000

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Lightbringer007

the mv is so simple but it fits the song, love it

Amazing :clap3:

I doubt they're aiming for big numbers with this one, they're probably more invested on the album being this big hyped statement piece that impresses critics. 

8 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

I doubt they're aiming for big numbers with this one, they're probably more invested on the album being this big hyped statement piece that impresses critics. 

No one in the real world makes music to please the critics.

KbEQVVIE.gif

• Like 1

wait this is very much giving 90’s rap :jonny5:

it’s definitely a lead single to set the tone of a new era, which is so different from the prior.

Edited by drivers license

21 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

No one in the real world makes music to please the critics.

KbEQVVIE.gif

Folklore and Evermore disagree...

barbiegrande

Doja is the only pop girl who is doing interesting **** right now imo. This is her Rater R era

She knows exactly what she’s doing. She’s taking her sound somewhere new unapologetically and doesn’t care about leaving some of the pop fans to the wayside. Thankfully ATRLers don’t manage her career or she would be releasing an album of faceless Ava Max rejects.

This would have been huge on the 90's but still a BOP!!! I don’t think they are aiming for huge numbers just show a new Doja side to the GP and I know this would benefit her in the future commercially and critically 

She is the most intelligent and interesting pop star atm. She knows exactly what she's doing. The video is excellent. :jonny:

It's a good album track, a soft opening for her 4th (I believe) era. It'll definitely be a song that grows on you. I wish the chorus and vocals for that section were more interesting. I did enjoy the verses. I wish she went harder to start the era but I know that her better tracks + features are coming. I'm excited to see her deliver on this heavy rap album that she's promised.

am I the only one who think the video was a mess? :rip:

the editing was all over the place and inconsistent, and there was like no storyline

I’ve had the look at me part and the chorus in my head all morning 

41 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Wait it’s sort of giving chill Inflo/Simz vibes :jamming:

I had to check the credits to see if inflo wasnt involved because it really took me there to his work with simz and cleo sol with the harps lol not on this one but who knows if not on another song 

I actually think this is gonna be somewhat a hit

With a radio edit shortening the size of the song it'll be easily played & the GP will love it methinks.  I think it'll debut top 20 and stay stable there.

love the video and the chorus

the verses I need more time with

Oh wow... her rap is really good. The beat is okay at best but that's not her fault. Definitely an interesting choice for the first song to be released. She has that star quality 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.