Doja Cat - "Attention"

kikugalanet

I love this, and I love the switch up. It’s exciting and she’s making a statement with this which I love. Can’t wait for the album.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• professor2000

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Lightbringer007

wow i just learned to never doubt doja. i was fearful of this full rap lead single but this is actually good. a fresh new sound. I see this becoming a hit! 

53 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Is this going to be her Velvet Rope era? 

I see this being her TTWLG. Remember how janet said she didn’t want to come back with a big in your face pop song (like If) and that she wanted to ease her way back in the spotlight with a mid tempo, this is what that reminds me of. Doja had big over the top pop songs with the last era so this seems like she wants a come back in a more quieter way ….. I can see TVR with the way she’s being so introspective 

I like the instrumental but her vocals and lyrics on this are underwhelming 

• Like 1

One of her best. Loving the direction this era

The video is very simple and repetitive but I kinda like it.

The song is weak as f. The lyrics are nothing special and it truly lacks a solid melody. This sounds like an album filler at the best to me. 

So good, I think if Aaliyah was still alive, this kinda sound would suit her style very well. I'm living for this trip hop vibez influencing so many young artists these days! 

I actually like it :ducky:

The verses are kinda whack 

It's a cute song but no impact for a leas

See, this is what a superstar looks like. All of the girls who's been serving 6/10 recently should take notes, she came back with a bang.

She wasn't kidding when she said she was done with the pop ****, she's full on rapper now .

I love the song, the chorus reminded me of Kali Uchis a bit. Imagine the remix with her omg :jonny6:

3 hours ago, ToraeGilt said:

Doja wants the GP to accept her as a serious rapper and she’s going to fail at every attempt. We were introduced to her with “Moo”, then her next smash hit was a pure pop song (say so), followed by kiss me more….. her image, sound and aesthetic are already cemented in our minds… 

Why would she stuck with her pop songs the entire time. Some artists aren’t chart obsessed and want to evolve and come with something new. 
Doja is one of the most versatile artists literally  tracks on PH are different from each other. And it didn’t stop her from spawning 3 top 10 with a pop song, afrobeat and rap song. 

She has countless hits which aren’t pop songs. So let’s stop the meltdown 

• Like 3

With the streams from when it was released yesterday in other continents we will know if this can be seen as lead or album opener..

the production is good but i stand by my point, she shouldve hit harder on the verses. the verses do sound kind of try hard after a few listens. the chorus is fun and very catchy but then she switches back into those kendrick inspired erykah badu sounding verses that just feel misplaced and inauthentic 

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 1

The video :WAP: wow, the whole package serving classic 90's hip hop era, really an artistic triumph for miss Doja even if the song ends being a chart underperformance. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.