Doja Cat - "Attention"

kikugalanet

I have been replaying it non stop :ghostface:

Queen did it again!!!

Love the video - she looks amazing, wish we got more of her covered in blood though, that was sickening

From a commercial point of view, it might not be your typical lead single but I think it sets the tone for the era. Good first single to differentiate this era completely from Planet Her. Chorus is infectious, I can see it being a slow burner and racking up those streams over the long term

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• professor2000

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Lightbringer007

Anyway, Wet ****** is going to be the bop + smash of the album so we shouldn't be too worried

For now, let's enjoy this trip-hop excellence :jamming:

Love the video but not too crazy about the song

Hopefully there's a mix of fun songs too like Rules  on the album, Attention sounds like she's taking herself too seriously but I get she's trying to make a statement.

1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

Finally listened in full + watched the video…this is really good…:clap3:Old school Doja but more mature + high-budget (no Party City wigs).  :gaycat2: lol

I personally would’ve chosen something more high energy, but who’s to say that’s not next. 

I honestly can’t predict if it’ll be a :mrpeanut:success.:mrpeanut:  B/c it doesn’t squarely fit in Pop, Rhythmic, or Urban.  

But I am glad she didn’t just go the usual Trap route.  Because that would’ve been tired + she would’ve been compared to all the other rap girls.  :coffee2:

yeah this song is definitely a statement and she’s in the position where she can afford to make one. People have been hounding her for the last year and then some. Questioning her rapper status, calling her satanic, ugly, etc. all for her own personal choices, if she came back with another pop song it would seem disingenuous. This is real. 

I’m sure there will be more upbeat moments on the album too. Remember that double album she was teasing? I’m also assuming RCA has a plan for whatever song they plan to push on radios after this too. This is a great reintroduction to Doja Cat. 

• Like 1

This doesnt feel like a lead single, but it feels like a good era beginner. The beat with the harps is just sooo sooo good

welp that was underwhelming, doesn't have replay value tbh

i listened to it with the video and im still feeling a bit conflicted about the verses. they dont really stand out and i wished she delivered with some more spice. its kind of monotone outside of the chorus and pre chorus / production 

I came here to drag but the song is actually good :deadbanana4:

It’s not an obvious radio hit like her pop songs but at the same time it’s not career suicide/won’t be hard for people that already liked her music to enjoy this too.

I love this in every way possible, exactly what I want from my fave girls right now 

Doja and Sza have been serving me so bad :jonny: Doja’s chill bops are the best 

I bet she will give us more energetic song later on, this is an amazing era opener

Edited by Hazy

The way i didn't even wanted to finish the song and yall talking about replay value :deadbanana2:

Doja sis you needed a bop. 

Is this going to be her Velvet Rope era? 

10 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Is this going to be her Velvet Rope era? 

more like her Rated R :mandown:

The song and video both EAT :WAP:

Yes this is excellent but this is not for everyone and it's ok

Okay after 3 listens its starting to grow on me. The most interesting parts of this song definitely lie in the production choices such as the harps and the weird glitchy psychdelic sounds in the background of the song. I like the drums as well

I just wish Doja’s delivery went a little harder and cuntier on this song

40 minutes ago, the70s said:

Someone said it's giving Sneaker Pimps and I agree

Exactly my thoughts

I’ve been replaying it non stop since this morning. It’s gonna be my favourite song from her

Such an addicting chill bop :katie2:

Love the production choices on this, I think Doja put crack in this :sistrens:

Its a grower.

The early 2000s rapper vibe is so cool to bring back.

The bops can wait, this is such a good song tp move her career forward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.