Doja Cat - "Attention"

kikugalanet

Doja wants the GP to accept her as a serious rapper and she’s going to fail at every attempt. We were introduced to her with “Moo”, then her next smash hit was a pure pop song (say so), followed by kiss me more….. her image, sound and aesthetic are already cemented in our minds… 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex

• professor2000

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Lightbringer007

Do ya’ll really think she put out THIS song and expected it to EXPLODE? 

She knows what she’s doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this is EXCELLENT and the new single cover is ******* next level

It would've been an iconic album cover :WAP:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Doja wants the GP to accept her as a serious rapper and she’s going to fail at every attempt.

Me when i hate doja cat 

spacer.png

I’m really into this :clap3:

Finally listened in full + watched the video…this is really good…:clap3:Old school Doja but more mature + high-budget (no Party City wigs).  :gaycat2: lol

I personally would’ve chosen something more high energy, but who’s to say that’s not next. 

I honestly can’t predict if it’ll be a :mrpeanut:success.:mrpeanut:  B/c it doesn’t squarely fit in Pop, Rhythmic, or Urban.  

But I am glad she didn’t just go the usual Trap route.  Because that would’ve been tired + she would’ve been compared to all the other rap girls.  :coffee2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, sxhunluv said:

This album rollout reminds me of Katy Perry's Witness...

Where did she release three singles before the album?

spacer.png

I know Doja always been weird but it’s getting to the point I’ll have to mute her. Doing way too much

12 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Doja wants the GP to accept her as a serious rapper and she’s going to fail at every attempt. We were introduced to her with “Moo”, then her next smash hit was a pure pop song (say so), followed by kiss me more….. her image, sound and aesthetic are already cemented in our minds… 

You forgot “Juicy” in there.  That was the real first hit.  

And there’s nothing wrong with challenging the image ppl have of her.  That’s literally what this song is about, lol.  

And that’s what an artist should do.  It’s not commonplace these days, so I understand why it seems unusual to you.  

• Like 1

This still doesn’t feel like an actual lead single. More like an intro to the album.  

Its not a hit, though it does feel like shes going back to her Amala days.

It'll probably go well in the context of the album, but as a standalone Single, I dont feel its strong/memorable enough

Obsessed :wanda:

With the single cover, the song and the MV we can tell now that she is coming with a concept.

Looks like she has an alter ego named Scarlet, and I'm curious to know where she is bringing us.

Attention is really a good song, the production is fire and she killed thé verses.

Chorus has to grow on me though.

Loved the music video and her rapping, but I won't be replaying much this song since it's not catchy ksksjsk it's a quality song with not much commercial replay value and that is what Doja was aiming for anyways :clap3:

I listened to it again and I feel like the verses don't match the chorus and the most exciting part of the song is when she does that Nicki voice. I expected a real change instead of something like "look at me I'm changing"

Also the video has no replay value, that part where she get bumped by 5-6 people in a row gets boring. 

Edited by ugo

I really like this a lot. I think it’s refreshing - reminiscent of Amala but with a current twist.

This is absolutely brilliant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.