• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sabandija

• Alex

• reymiu

• KatyPrismSpirit

releasing booty drop and pacer as follow ups to what it is is just stupid. sound nothing like the song that made her big.

• Like 1

Pacer is so wannabe Yung Rapunxel / Heavy Metal & Reflective coded as well.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, houdini said:

releasing booty drop and pacer as follow ups to what it is is just stupid. sound nothing like the song that made her big.

I'd love if she went more RnB and less rap. What It Is, Persuasive and Stressed are my faves from her.

• Like 1

I’m not worried about her getting another hit, what i’m worried about is her artistic identity being all over the place at the moment. She doesn’t contain being so versatile as well as Doja does. 

I just want her to release consistently good music like shes capable of with a specific vision and identity. I don’t give a **** about hits in this day and age :coffee2:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, collin said:

Booty Drop and Pacer are not hits. :rip: 

Pacer was never going to be a hit. It’s a fantastic song, but there’s no way they ever expected this to be a hit.

Alter Ego still has no sign of being released. 

Random, but I need to know why she’s on the American jingle ball tour. What It Is is her only radio song, and everything else seems too explicit. What’s going on with her career omg

6 hours ago, Sabandija said:

I'd love if she went more RnB and less rap. What It Is, Persuasive and Stressed are my faves from her.

Her feature on Babyface's album was so good, that's exactly the kind of sound that would've been a perfect follow up to what it is

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, glitch said:

Her feature on Babyface's album was so good, that's exactly the kind of sound that would've been a perfect follow up to what it is

You're totally right. That's a bit of an RnB verse, a rap verse and a pop chorus. Kinda the Doja Cat formula.

43 minutes ago, glitch said:

yesss that song is criminally underrated :jonny2:

i could see booty drop going viral, idk what happened

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to her and this album?

To think she lost all the hype from WII :rip:

• 3 weeks later...

it looks like it's finally dropping this year :rip: 

On 1/31/2024 at 5:58 PM, Alex said:

it looks like it's finally dropping this year :rip: 

they're doing her so dirty hopefully she can secure a doja feature to pick up momentum 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I felt like touring with Doja was gonna be huge for Doechii but it seems like she disapeared into oblivion instead.

the bump :rip:

anyway new interview 

IMG_9441-scaled.jpg

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/doechii-tells-jt-why-nobody-touches-the-swamp

The only main takeaways are that has a collab with JT (from City Girls) and that she hates "Booty Drop" and the BET Performance

"I was lost at that time. I didn’t really know what direction I was going in. I was trying to fit BET’s aesthetic instead of trying to cater to myself. It didn’t feel like me. ... I’m from Florida. I don’t have no business ******* with no Jersey beat. I’m not a ******* Jersey girl."

:deadbanana4:

• Confused 1

Record labels never fail to amaze me at how ******* stupid they can be.

• Like 3

Even she knew Booty Drop was not it. But she needs to take action now. What It Is is about to turn 1 year old and its not charting anywhere anymore. 

• Confused 1

I always find these type of comments really weird about how she hates Booty Drop and everything around It.

I mean, did her label really forced her with the promo ?

They didn't pushed Booty Drop on radio and playlisting so I guess It wasn't a major deal for the song to be successful considering the lack of promo.

I don't like how she's dissing her own work with What It Is and everything After.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flocon said:

I always find these type of comments really weird about how she hates Booty Drop and everything around It.

I mean, did her label really forced her with the promo ?

They didn't pushed Booty Drop on radio and playlisting so I guess It wasn't a major deal for the song to be successful considering the lack of promo.

I don't like how she's dissing her own work with What It Is and everything After.

she's clearly not satisfied with where her career is and despite What It Is' success, I remember saying from day one that this does not represent Doechii and her music style at all.

Evidently she wants to be an alternative rapper ala Tierra Whack but her label clearly has/had other plans and probably wants to see an ROI of some sort. Unfortunately we all know that if the artist and the label are clashing like this behind the scenes, we end up in situations like where she's at right now...

She has the same problem Bree Runway had with her record label which is both hilarious and utterly depressing at the same time. 

Edited by Alex

21 hours ago, Alex said:

the bump :rip:

anyway new interview 

IMG_9441-scaled.jpg

https://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/doechii-tells-jt-why-nobody-touches-the-swamp

The only main takeaways are that has a collab with JT (from City Girls) and that she hates "Booty Drop" and the BET Performance

"I was lost at that time. I didn’t really know what direction I was going in. I was trying to fit BET’s aesthetic instead of trying to cater to myself. It didn’t feel like me. ... I’m from Florida. I don’t have no business ******* with no Jersey beat. I’m not a ******* Jersey girl."

:deadbanana4:

“I was lost…It didn’t feel like me” = terrible label decision/pressure for trendy hit backfired but I need my album out so imma keep it cute :toofunny3: 

JT collab is cool but she needs a Doja or another major collab to steer this roll out back in the right direction after Booty Fail. 

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

Over a year after posting the finalized tracklist and it's still crickets… she deserves so much better

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.