Beyonce & Jay Z dragged for mocking Tina Turner’s abuse

SharonStone

It's a horrid line and Bey shouldn't have let it on the song. I don't think she meant to be disrespectful or hurt Tina, but it's one of those ignorant decisions that shouldn't have been made, I'm sure she wouldn't have done it now. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Lovett

• Starchild

• EmailMySwift

9 pages of people just saying the same things over and over again can we hang it up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Beyoncé can always remove this verse from drunk. Drunk is perfect without Jay. 

I agree the line is in poor taste. But I wonder if there would be as much outrage in this thread if Jay had incorporated "no wire hangs ever!!!" into his verse.

DISGUSTING, never heard that song in full, I cant stan Jay z.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:25 PM, KBax said:

What made either of them think that, that line was okay to be put in a song... like come on 

Pinkglock GIF - Pinkglock GIFs

Beyoncé and thinking don’t go hand in hand, which is why she’s basically avoided a live mic in an interview in the last decade unless she’s reading off a teleprompter. 

She’s literally chose to do that because she knows she’s doesn’t come off as an Intellectual and it ruins the image she’s created for herself. 

Edited by gloamingtheplain
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Beyoncé and thinking don’t go hand in hand, which is why she’s basically avoided a live mic in an interview in the last decade unless she’s reading off a teleprompter. 

She’s literally chose to do that because she knows she’s doesn’t come off as an Intellectual and it ruins the image she’s created for herself. 

There was absolutely no need for you to post this purposefully nasty lie. You know full well that isn't the reason she no longer does interviews, yet you still decided to fabricate a narrative and attack her intelligence based on nothing. This says a lot about your character.

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

There was absolutely no need for you to post this purposefully nasty lie. You know full well that isn't the reason she no longer does interviews, yet you still decided to fabricate a narrative and attack her intelligence based on nothing. This says a lot about your character.

I mean, it’s true. I’m sorry but Beyoncé has had plenty of moments where she’s clearly just not thinking and luckily for her she’s been able to avoid it. 

I mean, she literally held up and had photos of her taken smiling with a paper about 9/11 just because she was on a sliver of the cover. 

It’s not being rude, she just doesn’t have awareness and Jay could have rapped all he liked on the verse and it would have flown over her head. 

The alternative is she knew exactly what Jay was speaking on and thought it was acceptable and I doubt for a second Bey would have agreed to it otherwise :rip: 

Edited by gloamingtheplain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I mean, it’s true. I’m sorry but Beyoncé has had plenty of moments where she’s clearly just not thinking and luckily for her she’s been able to avoid it. 

I mean, she literally held up and had photos of her taken smiling with a paper about 9/11 just because she was on a sliver of the cover. 

It’s not being rude, she just doesn’t have awareness and Jay could have rapped all he liked on the verse and it would have flown over her head. 

The alternative is she knew exactly what Jay was speaking on and thought it was acceptable and I doubt for a second Bey would have agreed to it otherwise :rip: 

A person having moments where they're "not thinking" doesn't show a lack of intelligence. Holding up a newspaper, which has a myriad of headlines on it, also doesn't show a lack of intelligence. :skull: You're absolutely grasping at straws in order to attack her.

This narrative that she lacks intelligence because she is uncomfortable with public speaking shows a complete lack of understanding of social anxiety and this weird need to just find something to demean Beyoncé over.

The lyric is a double-entendre for eating ass. Tina didn't showcase any outrage over the lyric and remained a huge fan of Beyoncé for the remainder of her life. If you don't like the lyric and find it in poor taste, fair enough. But this faux outrage on behalf of her is disingenuous and attacking Beyoncé's intelligence for it is ridiculous and inaccurate.

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

A person having moments where they're "not thinking" doesn't show a lack of intelligence. Holding up a newspaper, which has a myriad of headlines on it, also doesn't show a lack of intelligence. :skull: You're absolutely grasping at straws in order to attack her.

This narrative that she lacks intelligence because she is uncomfortable with public speaking shows a complete lack of understanding of social anxiety and this weird need to just find something to demean Beyoncé over.

The lyric is a double-entendre for eating ass. Tina didn't showcase any outrage over the lyric and remained a huge fan of Beyoncé for the remainder of her life. If you don't like the lyric and find it in poor taste, fair enough. But this faux outrage on behalf of her is disingenuous and attacking Beyoncé's intelligence for it is ridiculous and inaccurate.

Can you all stop saying Tina was a „huge“ Beyoncé fan? Tina respected her since Bey took a lot of performing skills from her, but she was not a huge fan. Especially after she stated she wasn’t surprised about the lyrics. Tina was a Buddhist and didn’t seek revenge or any kind of negativity, but that doesn’t make the lyrics okay.

Edited by mylicious
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, mylicious said:

Can you all stop saying Tina you as a „huge“ Beyoncé fan? Tina respected her since Bey took a lot of performing skills from her, but she was not a huge fan. Especially after she stated she wasn’t surprised about the lyrics. Tina was a Buddhist and didn’t seek revenge or any kind of negativity, but that doesn’t make the lyrics okay.

Thank you!:heart:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, mylicious said:

Can you all stop saying Tina you as a „huge“ Beyoncé fan? Tina respected her since Bey took a lot of performing skills from her, but she was not a huge fan. Especially after she stated she wasn’t surprised about the lyrics. Tina was a Buddhist and didn’t seek revenge or any kind of negativity, but that doesn’t make the lyrics okay.

Exactly. These stans are so willfully blind it’s so sad to see. All critical thinking goes out the door when defending their “queen”

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wow so disgusting, didn’t they also mocked Monica Lewinsky in that same album and she also came forward asking for the song to be removed/modified???

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, mylicious said:

Can you all stop saying Tina was a „huge“ Beyoncé fan? Tina respected her since Bey took a lot of performing skills from her, but she was not a huge fan. Especially after she stated she wasn’t surprised about the lyrics. Tina was a Buddhist and didn’t seek revenge or any kind of negativity, but that doesn’t make the lyrics okay.

Why would I stop stating facts because it makes you and the other troll unhappy? :skull: Tina spoke publicly multiple times about how much she respected and appreciated Beyoncé and recently stated she was one of the few artists she still listened to.

Tina was a huge fan, no matter how many comments you try and downvote. :toofunny3: Tina adored Beyoncé and Beyoncé adored Tina. The faux outrage remains hilarious to witness.

3 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Wow so disgusting, didn’t they also mocked Monica Lewinsky in that same album and she also came forward asking for the song to be removed/modified???

I forgot about the Monica Lewinsky all over my gown thing :rip: yea that was bad, that girl was sexually assaulted 

“Stopped listening to DIL” but continues to listen to rest. What a dumb *****

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Why would I stop stating facts because it makes you and the other troll unhappy? :skull: Tina spoke publicly multiple times about how much she respected and appreciated Beyoncé and recently stated she was one of the few artists she still listened to.

Tina was a huge fan, no matter how many comments you try and downvote. :toofunny3: Tina adored Beyoncé and Beyoncé adored Tina. The faux outrage remains hilarious to witness.

Can you read? I told you yes, she respected her of course, it still doesn’t make it okay, and everybody with empathy can see that. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, mylicious said:

Can you read? I told you yes, she respected her of course, it still doesn’t make it okay, and everybody with empathy can see that. 

Can you read? I said she was a huge fan. If Tina didn't have an issue with it, then being outraged on her behalf is ridiculous. I've made my point very clear, so it's ironic that you're asking if I can read when you're just repeating the same things my comments already responded to.

7 hours ago, mylicious said:

thank you. neither she nor her stans is smart.

Now everyone is a Tina Turner expert :ahh:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

this "beyoncé dumb!!" take is so racist :deadbanana2:

im not defending bey but yall can criticize her without being racist

7 hours ago, Chris said:

This is still open because?

Why should it be closed?

9 pages of people desperately trying to have a ‘GOTCHA!’ moment with Beyoncé :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.