Beyonce & Jay Z dragged for mocking Tina Turner’s abuse

SharonStone

Completely dead at the Hives & Warts claiming it's okay to rap about domestic abuse bc it's fictional. 

dead

dead

dead

deceaseddddddd.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Lovett

• Starchild

• EmailMySwift

I was waiting how long before they made the death of a black legend all about BEYONCE again. :clap3: 

It really never fails. :clap3: 

They are just never stopping discussing her and that's a part of the reason she is still thriving. 

This has already been discussed in 2013. The intend was clearly not to mock her abuse. His ryhme is in poor taste but 10 years later, let it go. This is your clue to add DrIL back in the setlist, Mrs Carter. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

*The lyric is a reference to a scene that’s fictional, meaning it never happen.. go cry a river 

let me help you understand..

FICTIONAL: of, relating to, characterized by, or occurring in fiction : invented by the imagination. a fictional story/character.

fake “outrage” over someone else’s imagination :ahh: 

The lyric is in reference to a scene involving two real people, one who famously abused the other, in a scene of abuse. Whether the exact details of abuse ~actually happened exactly the same way~ is beyond irrelevant, and the fact that you are choosing to die on this hill is insane :deadbanana4:

The onus lies on Jay-Z, but again the main point is confusion over why Bey would want a lyric like that given her idolization of Tina. I don’t think of Bey as evil or horrible for this, I’m confused by her thought process :rip:

Edited by Headlock
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Red Velvet said:

Love Bey but will always confuse me why she allowed this lyric :rip:

probably can't didn't read it 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

That's what happens when you dont write your own music and have a giant writing camp trying to write edgy, memeable lrycs for you. 

Seeing as this is Jay’s verse, and he did write it, that stale writing-camp drag has **** all to do with this. 

https://twitter.com/thememesarchive/status/1569112298437939200?s=46&t=E_AB-et-MIL8weaFNM91ng

2 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Seeing as this is Jay’s verse, and he did write it, that stale writing-camp drag has **** all to do with this. 

https://twitter.com/thememesarchive/status/1569112298437939200?s=46&t=E_AB-et-MIL8weaFNM91ng

Oh I was trying to give Jay and Bey the benefit of the doubt, like it slipped through the cracks because he didn't write it. So this is even worse. 

5 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

Oh I was trying to give Jay and Bey the benefit of the doubt, like it slipped through the cracks because he didn't write it. So this is even worse. 

You weren’t trying at all.

3 hours ago, on the line said:

This is what happens when humans become detached from reality and think they're above common sense and etiquette.

What a nasty, nasty family full of cheating, lies, gluttony, greed, and bad grammar. 

whew spill. a detached dumb mess.

Edited by sparrowblue
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Headlock said:

The lyric is in reference to a scene involving two real people, one who famously abused the other, in a scene of abuse. Whether the exact details of abuse ~actually happened exactly the same way~ is beyond irrelevant, and the fact that you are choosing to die on this hill is insane :deadbanana4:

The onus lies on Jay-Z, but again the main point is confusion over why Bey would want a lyric like that given her idolization of Tina. I don’t think of Bey as evil or horrible for this, I’m confused by her thought process :rip:

It didn’t happen, move around.

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Looks like an honest mistake. They should just change the lyrics tbh.

mistake on something that never happen? :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, blaggot said:

mush-brained atlers seething over Beyoncé once again

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.abeac6715e

The gag is one of Tina’s recent interviews, she said she listens to Beyoncé.. none of their faves were mention

spacer.png

Just now, QueenBeyoncé said:

It didn’t happen, move around.

Her abuse did happen. Jay is referencing a movie scene where she is being abused. Like, you are insulting your own intelligence to pretend there is no significance to this because the scene of abuse is fictionalized.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Her abuse did happen. Jay is referencing a movie scene where she is being abused. Like, you are insulting your own intelligence to pretend there is no significance to this because the scene of abuse is fictionalized.

*A movie scene that NEVER happen..

spacer.png

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

Just now, QueenBeyoncé said:

*A movie scene that NEVER happen..

spacer.png

I’m starting to doubt is you are being willfully obtuse to defend Bey, of if you truly think fictionalized events about real people hold no cultural significance if they didn’t happen exactly the same way in real life. Which… well, bless your heart :rip:

Just now, Headlock said:

I’m starting to doubt is you are being willfully obtuse to defend Bey, of if you truly think fictionalized events about real people hold no cultural significance if they didn’t happen exactly the same way in real life. Which… well, bless your heart :rip:

That scene didn’t happen AT ALL.. so “point” mute.

spacer.png

These lyrics are in real poor taste. Not surprised coming from that cheater, but disheartening that Beyoncé let them in her song.

the line isn’t great, but it’s also based on a scene that never happened and was confirmed by Tina to be fake. It’s a reference to an iconic movie scene, but the movie is based on her life. 

It’s grey. I can see how someone would be not okay with it, but I can also see how someone wouldn’t take it serious or be offended.

Why would she allow that? :rip:
spacer.png

5 minutes ago, FSXP said:

the line isn’t great, but it’s also based on a scene that never happened and was confirmed by Tina to be fake. It’s a reference to an iconic movie scene, but the movie is based on her life. 

It’s grey. I can see how someone would be not okay with it, but I can also see how someone wouldn’t take it serious or be offended.

We love reasonable people with brain. :cm:

Y’all need to stop the fake outrage 😂 first of Tina tuner heard the song and didn’t have a issue with it and it a movie reference should be cancelled the movie for highlighting her abuse even tho Tina was there will they was making the film and the fact that Tina tuner follow Beyoncé on instagram to this day 😂 especially since the song is dam near 10 years old now y’all wanna fake cry if Tina had a issue she would have said something even after the song drop Tina still respected Beyoncé 

• Like 2

She should’ve replaced it to Patt the Puss 

erika-jayne-dancing.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.