Beyonce & Jay Z dragged for mocking Tina Turner’s abuse

SharonStone

'They made a mockery of her horrific abuse': Tina Turner fans BLAST Beyoncé and Jay-Z for vile reference to Ike Turner's treatment of his late wife in 2013 hit Drunk In Love

Tina Turner fans have slammed Beyoncé and Jay-Z for the reference to the late star's abuse at the hands of her husband Ike Turner in their 2013 hit Drunk In Love. 

In the track, Jay raps: 'I'm Ike, Turner, turn up / Baby no I don't play / Now eat the cake, Anna Mae / I said eat the cake, Anna Mae' - which led to a fan tweeting: 'a tragic example of #TinaTurner being mocked & her abuse being dismissed.

The lyric references a well-documented moment in which Tina, still going by the name Anna Mae, was in a diner and when fans asked for her autograph and not his, he attacked her by forcing cake in her mouth and saying: 'Eat the cake, Anna Mae!'

Following Beyoncé's references to Tina being her music idol, Twitter was flooded with anger from fans, with users penning: 'Drunk In Love was a tragic example of the incomparable #TinaTurner being mocked & her abuse being dismissed. 

Fans took to Twitter in droves, to write: 'I still can't get over Jay Z saying 'eat the cake Anna Mae, eat the cake' on 'Drunk In Love'. When I found out that it was reference to Ike forcing Tina to eat literal cake..a damn shame... 

'Still mad at beyonce and jay z for that tina turner abuse reference... I love Bey but she rubs me the wrong way sometimes. How is Tina Turner one of your biggest inspirations but you were ok with Jay Z using that line in Drunk in Love...

'I was so disgusted when I understood the reference. Stopped listening to Drunk in Love for that reason alone... 'Drunk In Love,' was a tragic example of the incomparable #TinaTurner being mocked & her abuse being dismissed...

'While Jay Z sang the lyrics mocking Tina, #Beyonce obviously cosigned Tina's horrific abuse being made a mockery of & put that song on her album... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12123153/Tina-Turner-fans-BLAST-Beyonc-Jay-Z-nod-Ike-Turners-abuse.html

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Lovett

• Starchild

• EmailMySwift

Are they really? 

Yea we talked about this in 2013 and didn’t really go anywhere. It was wrong then and it is still wrong now. 

Edited by getBusy
  • Like 6

okay 

What made either of them think that, that line was okay to be put in a song... like come on 

Pinkglock GIF - Pinkglock GIFs

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bussea said:

okay 

always wondered why bey allowed that isn't tina her idol?:deadbanana4:

• Like 3

That line for sure it's atrocious, don't know how she even allowed it, specially Tina being her idol.

• Like 1

Wait is this true?

Is the line still there or they removed it??

Cause wth why would someone disrespect Tina Turner of all people , she has done so much for female artists in this industry

“Eat The Cake” line was a reference to the movie, that never happen to Tina in real life.. so 

Tina Turner “fan”

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

10 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Wait is this true?

Is the line still there or they removed it??

Cause wth why would someone disrespect Tina Turner of all people , she has done so much for female artists in this industry

It never happen to Tina.. it was only for the movie 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

How hard is it to change that lyric? :rip:  

Extremely poor taste, the way Tina was treated by the black community after her abuse still leaves me sad.

7 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

How hard is it to change that lyric? :rip:  

Why should she change it when it never happen to Tina Turner? It was only for the movie and Tina Turner was very involved with that movie :rip: 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

5 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

It never happened to Tina.. it was only for the movie 

this too LMFAO

yall can kill the fake outrage now 

Not the false outrage. :toofunny3: And it only being brought up because Tina is dead. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Click Clack said:

this too LMFAO

yall can kill the fake outrage now 

Right lmaooo Tina Turner said it in her own book that never happen :lmao:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.