Beyonce & Jay Z dragged for mocking Tina Turner’s abuse

SharonStone

4 minutes ago, Sazare said:

that’s what that lyric is about? :biblio: Girl.

Usually I just zone out whenever Jay Z has a guest verse on a song so I never really paid attention to that line but wow…

If you skip to 1:20 you'll see what he is boasting about and comparing himself to. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Lovett

• Starchild

• EmailMySwift

Beyoncé also sampled the Challenger explosion in XO over the survivor’s family objections. Being insensitive is normal practice for Beyoncé . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

but the beyhive still wants you to believe bey has anything to do with the writing process of her songs :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wow, that’s disgusting! I didn’t know that these lyrics were a reference to Tina's abuse. 

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

Whether or not this particular instance of abuse happened, Tina was physically abused by Ike so for him to recount a sexual situation and describe himself as someone who bites (Mike Tyson) and hits (Ike) women is grossssssssssssss no matter what kind of positive spin you'd like to give to it. What the actual ****? 

Foreplay in a foyer, ****** up my Warhol
Slid the panties right to the side
Ain't got the time to take drawers off
On sight, catch a charge I might
Beat the box up, like Mike in '97, I bite
I'm Ike Turner, turn up baby, no, I don't play
"Now eat the cake, Anna Mae
Said, "Eat the cake, Anna Mae

You can feel how you feel but Tina's fake fans aren't buying her music enough and seem to be trying to make Drunk In Love and Beyonces status Tina's legacy. Tina had such a hard life and the faux outrage is tiring. There's been a weekly attempt to call Beyonce's ethics into question now that the tour has started. 

Tina was mentally abused and battered by the industry and her family well before this lyric materialized. And yall never thought to ask if Tina was asked permission over the lyric in the first place. 

Didn't know about that story with cake, damn that's a disgusting line. 

It's really not that oUtRaGeOuS but it is a tacky lyric that trivialises domestic abuse, fictional incident or not. 

At least it's not the most distasteful pop lyric of 2013, Katy "eat your heart out like Jeffrey Dahmer" Perry still holds that crown. :biblio:

• Haha 1

Oh that’s messed up. I thought he was saying “anime” and it was some anime reference I didn’t understand 

This was brought up 10 years ago for good reason and the discussion was had. This feels very performative doing it now after she has passed

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

She didn’t experience cake being shoved in her face, go outside. 

This comment is kind of revolting.

50 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

“Outrage” at something that NEVER happen.. you should get checked out for that :lmao:

The fact that you are being this pedantic means you know it is bad :rip:

To take such a literal interpretation of this situation is kind of a self-read about your assumed lack of ability to understand reference and nuance. The lyric is a reference to a scene of domestic abuse in a movie about a women who famously was a victim of such abuse. To say that it doesn’t matter because a specific incident of abuse ~didn’t happen in real life~ is quite disgusting really.

Most people are just confused as to why Bey would allow a lyric like this given that her idol is Tina.

It was tasteless then and is tasteless now

To each their own, but I don’t really have anything against an edgy pop culture reference. It wasn’t meant literally. 

I did find it weird Beyoncé allowed that line considering she’s met and performed for and with Tina, however. :redface:

Tina still followed Beyoncé on instagram. I don’t think she was mad about those lyrics. 

1 hour ago, on the line said:

This is what happens when humans become detached from reality and think they're above common sense and etiquette.

What a nasty, nasty family full of cheating, lies, gluttony, greed, and bad grammar. 

:clap3:

The fake outrage about a fictional scene :deadbanana4:

32 minutes ago, Headlock said:

This comment is kind of revolting.

The fact that you are being this pedantic means you know it is bad :rip:

To take such a literal interpretation of this situation is kind of a self-read about your assumed lack of ability to understand reference and nuance. The lyric is a reference to a scene of domestic abuse in a movie about a women who famously was a victim of such abuse. To say that it doesn’t matter because a specific incident of abuse ~didn’t happen in real life~ is quite disgusting really.

Most people are just confused as to why Bey would allow a lyric like this given that her idol is Tina.

*The lyric is a reference to a scene that’s fictional, meaning it never happen.. go cry a river 

let me help you understand..

FICTIONAL: of, relating to, characterized by, or occurring in fiction : invented by the imagination. a fictional story/character.

fake “outrage” over someone else’s imagination :ahh: 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

It was an odd lyric but the song is almost 10 years old :deadbanana2: what's the point of bringing it up now

Attention and faux outrage. It's particularly comical seeing which fan bases are showcasing mock outrage, considering the behaviour of their faves. :toofunny3:

Beyonce eating asses out now?

Edited by Katamari

14 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

The fake outrage about a fictional scene :deadbanana4:

Screaming at this whole thread :deadbanana2:

ppl really doing the most over a metaphor about rough ******* :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, on the line said:

This is what happens when humans become detached from reality and think they're above common sense and etiquette.

What a nasty, nasty family full of cheating, lies, gluttony, greed, and bad grammar

:gaycat7:

OMG WOW they’re both GROSS :mazen:

1 hour ago, cat1867 said:

Beyoncé also sampled the Challenger explosion in XO over the survivor’s family objections. Being insensitive is normal practice for Beyoncé . 

This is absolutely disgusting.  ZERO SHAME

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

poor Tina :dancehall3:

Typical fake feminist behavior, deserved lashings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.