Beyonce & Jay Z dragged for mocking Tina Turner’s abuse

SharonStone

37 minutes ago, JessPop said:

Tina most definitely did care and ultimately ended up renouncing her US citizenship over the mockery of other cruel black ppl like Jay and Beyonce who simultaneously monetized her abuse while also using it as a punchline. 

Without Tina Turner’s blueprint for her to actively steal from there wouldn’t even be a Beyonce to speak of and yet the lack of respect she and her husband continue to show for an iconic black trailblazer they claim to admire is appalling.

it's the way all of your posts on this forum are speaking ill of Beyoncé that lets me know you don't actually care for or respect tina turner, like most of the faux-outrage ranting members in here

tina passed on to the next life with love and respect for Beyoncé and that's all that matters

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.abeac6715e

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Lovett

• Starchild

• EmailMySwift

55 minutes ago, blaggot said:

it's the way all of your posts on this forum are speaking ill of Beyoncé that lets me know you don't actually care for or respect tina turner, like most of the faux-outrage ranting members in here

tina passed on to the next life with love and respect for Beyoncé and that's all that matters

I actually have tons of respect for Tina’s music, legacy in black culture, and moreover what she continues to represent in general in terms of reinvention, survival and thriving despite immense abuse and initial prejudice.   

However; your lack of critical thinking ability and blind worship of a woman who doesn’t even know you exist lets me know that you aren’t worth further reply. :coffee2:

• Like 5

imagine citing a 2013 song lyric as a reason for a celebrity to leave the US during the 90's and then trying to talk about critical thinking ability

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I love the line :celestial4:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 6/3/2023 at 2:21 AM, Thor said:

!!

The absolute DUMBEST. It might just be Beyonce herself cuz… :deadbanana4:

Dumbass. Stay mad

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:00 PM, QueenBeyoncé said:

You cannot be this dumb :lmao: but then again.. 

“Beat the box up like Mike (Mike Tyson)”  is word play: Meaning beat her :kitty: up  I mean after all it IS a sexual song:ahh:  :ahh: 

Ignore that user, he is 14:rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 6/2/2023 at 3:45 PM, QueenBeyoncé said:

“Eat The Cake” line was a reference to the movie, that never happen to Tina in real life.. so 

Tina Turner “fan”

On 6/2/2023 at 3:53 PM, QueenBeyoncé said:

Right lmaooo Tina Turner said it in her own book that never happen :lmao:

Came here to say this. ATRLers being ignorant? Shocker

18 minutes ago, Beyonceist said:

Came here to say this. ATRLers being ignorant? Shocker

And if they “cared” so much.. they wouldn’t watch the movie period bc Tina Turner did not like how they made her out to be a victim and a lot of those scenes did not happen to her .. but Tina “fans” should know this.. ATRL can really eat a bag of d**ks :lmao:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why are the majority of the comments in here about Bey who did NOT say this line? Women constantly taking the fall for their men's behaviour :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

Even though the diner scene in the movie was fictional, it was based on a real abusive event in which Ike forced Tina to eat cake. The fact that dialogue from such a scene continues to be used as a punchline is terrible. Jay-Z should be getting most of the blame since it’s his verse but Beyoncé shouldn’t be ignored since it was her song. 

• Like 3

What’s even worst is that whenever I hear the song in public that’s the part everyone shouts like I don’t get it 

i honestly thought there was a deeper meaning to that by line because I couldn’t believe that a self proclaimed feminist and someone’s who idolizes Tina would have be ok with that line. 

Oh well

• Like 3

this is from the same album where she also hand-selected to sample the challenger disaster that killed 7 people on XO, so she was clearly about making light of as many tragedies as possible on this project. 

:deadbanana4:

That line has always been disgusting regardless of whether it happened or not, don’t know why Bey allowed it.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2023 at 10:39 AM, cat1867 said:

Beyoncé also sampled the Challenger explosion in XO over the survivor’s family objections. Being insensitive is normal practice for Beyoncé . 

wow. you learn something new everyday... a nasty woman. 

Didn't know Tina reacted to that lyric either and "wasn't surprised"

There's a reason she left this country. The way the Black community mocked and made light of her abuse is sickening. 

• Like 2

i cant believe im going to her concert next week 

ATRL digesting rap lyrics? How often? 

i always wondered what the "eat the cake" line meant. if this is true, then that's disgusting. it doesn't seem like something beyonce would allow normally

On 6/3/2023 at 2:05 AM, QueenBeyoncé said:

And where’s the “outrage” for Alicia Keys & Summer Walker.. crickets.. miss me with y’all bs you ain’t give two shits about Tina Turner 

that's irrelevant. other people not being called out (especially when they're nowhere near as popular) isn't a reason to not hold people accountable

While I understand the outrage, it is too late to get angry about it now. That was literally 10 years ago .

On 6/2/2023 at 8:15 AM, Kristie Kuwa said:

People are so bored lol isn't this news in 2023? Seeing beyonce thriving in the UK has exposed the bitter souls again lol

Edited by VerdantHue

On 6/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, Red Velvet said:

Love Bey but will always confuse me why she allowed this lyric :rip:

this, the song is amazing, but the lyrics was out of touch

Oh BuT iT dId'Nt HaPpEn In ReAl LiFe!

Imagine if some random singer wrote a song about a fake belly bump crushing live on TV because the "queen" thought that pregnancy would ruin her body and a surrogate would give her a baby, media coverage and promises of fidelity by her husband...

"But Tina never said anything bad Beyoncé". Tina NEVER said anything about Ike either. Even at this interview below she wished him well. She never spoke bad against anyone. If someone has watched her interviews you should know that she NEVER shaded anyone. For example search on YT "Tina Turner shades" and the first result will be Tina Turner laughing unlike the likes of Mariah / Beyoncé / Aretha who have many shady videos and being obsessed with other female artists. Anyway that lyric is disgusting and should be removed from existence.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.