• Badgalbriel

• Steve Johnson

On 6/2/2023 at 5:55 AM, magazine said:

why are gays so obsessed with hits and sotys

jesus :redface:

And stadium sold out shows…ok bye lmao 

idk about AOTY but SOTY is delivered already :clap3:

• Like 1

I blame the gays, I finally listened to Padam Padam and I was like wtf is going on 

Taylor has served enough, nobody wants to compete. 

On 6/2/2023 at 1:55 PM, wish said:

What we're missing rn is new artists blowing UP like they used to. Monoculture is dead & it's extremely hard now, even nearly impossible, for new artists to break out & solidify themselves as mainstays.

TikTok has given us dozens of hit songs but very few stars. And the recent artists who capture a fanbase are C-List at BEST, people like Coi Leray, Kim Petras, Tate McRae, Sabrina Carpenter, Latto, Lizzy McAlpine, etc.

Ice Spice is the only full breakout artist we've seen this year... 

this is going to be the norm. The days of a Megastar are done. It’s going to be many many smaller artist with little loyal fan bases. 

the days of the megastar are done cuz these new artists aren't releasing SMASH after SMASH.  Olivia comes close, I guess. Maybe Harry, too.  But the biggest megastars of yesteryear: Madonna, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Mariah, Prince, even Gaga and Rihanna.....it was smash after smash after smash after smash.  Are these new artists releasing like this?

Quite a few albums have been released that I enjoy! But indeed, little new music from the pop girls.

There are a lot of big stadium tours this summer tho! Taylor, Beyoncé, Pink, The Weeknd, Harry Styles, Coldplay..

Part of the problem is that the GP seems to be tuning out new music, especially since Morgan’s album release. People are content on streaming songs from 2018-2020, like Sunflower and Heat Waves. Sunflower is #39 on US Spotify after more than 4.5 years, lol. Even Taylor isn’t immune to this. The GP seems to be streaming Cruel Summer over Karma, with Hits Different and SotB failing to debut/re-enter the Top 25.

The landscape of the music industry is different now than it was in October-early March. Back then, artists were releasing albums that easily got over 200k, 300k organically, even during the Christmas season (Metro Boomin, SZA). Now, artists are struggling to even get to 125k organically.

Speak Now TV and Olivia aren’t going to do as well as some people think. For whatever reason, the GP isn’t hungry for new music at this time. I’m not so sure that Taylor and Olivia are the quick fix (heck, we just saw Taylor flop with Hits Different/SotB).

Most artists are either touring or recording new albums.

Lol only ppl with narrow ass tastes in music are complaining rn. 

Country-pop is taking over. 

2 hours ago, superben said:

It's far better than 2022 so far wdym 

Girl in 2022 by now we had THEE Mr. Morale, Dawn Fm, Motomami, Beyonce album otw, smash hit album by Bad Bunny etc. 

ACT II is coming to save the year. Mark your calendar, she’s coming on Renaissance’s 1st birthday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

January - Ava Max

February - Caroline Polachek

March - Miley, Melanie, Lana

April - Ellie

May - Kesha

June - Kim Petras

July - Taylor

August - ?

Sept - Madison Beer

Oct - Nicki

this year has been fine, we just need someone to fill the August slot :heart2:

I have been enjoying a lot of what is out now.

Diplo, Dua Lipa, Jake Shear, Janelle Monae, Kelly Clarkson, Kesha, Kim Petras, Kylie Minogue, Sam Smith, S.G. Lewis, Taylor Swift, and Tove Lo are what I am liking of the current stuff. 

On 6/2/2023 at 7:02 AM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

nothing exciting is happening in pop music this entire year so far aside from like two releases. Thats kinda weird like where did everyone go

Facts. As far as 2023 releases go... it's been a boring ass year. 

On 6/4/2023 at 3:39 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i have never experienced a year like this tbh. Normally there is always at least one ongoing era by a MPG but this is just ridiculous. There is literally nothing going on, outside of albums that were already released in 2022.

This!!!

Even if you didn’t like who it was someone ALWAYS had an era going on! Rihanna alone kept us fed from 2005-2017 then just dipped.

The last proper era by a pop girl or anyone for that matter was the future nostalgia era.

now artist are scoring just one big hit that stays on the charts for 52 weeks.

Edited by KingButter

3 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

ACT II is coming to save the year. Mark your calendar, she’s coming on Renaissance’s 1st birthday. 

If she doesn’t release it then it’s never coming 

If you just listen to mainstream pop music, I can see how this year seemed boring for you. 

There's still the same amount of music coming out, new artists appearing, and all that stuff. It just doesn't feel the way that it used to because the way that music comes out is much more lowkey now. These big album "eras" with big visuals, lots of videos, promo runs and all those frills are multi million $ endeavours and music just doesn't earn back the money like it used to. Releases for the vast majority of artists have slimmer budgets and a much higher risk factor attached to them these days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.