Ariana Grande - "Pretty Girls Like Trap Music"

Communion

Surfaced online. Recorded April 20th, 2017. 

Based on the title, there's speculation this was submitted to 2 Chainz for his Pretty Girls Like Trap Music album that Pharrell was working on at the time, especially since the song has an open verse for another artist.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayG

• Communion

• #Beautiful

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

what thwe **** is this :skull:

what is this **** :rip: 

The #1 that got away :jonny2: bookmark me. 

• Like 1

When Pharrell hits, he really hits, but when he misses, hooo boy does he miss :skull:

5 minutes ago, JayG said:

Pharrell REALLY fell off... lmao

ariana of all people got scammed BAD with that sweetener album

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, #Beautiful said:

ariana of all people got scammed BAD with that sweetener album

Tea. God what was she THINKING. GURL. I still skip the **** he provided for that album. No wonder all the Max songs became the singles lmao. The rest were absolute TRASH.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

When Pharrell hits, he really hits, but when he misses, hooo boy does he miss :skull:

He's been missing for a VERY long time lmfao

What is this honey :deadbanana4:

Just now, JayG said:

Tea. God what was she THINKING. GURL. I still skip the **** he provided for that album. No wonder all the Max songs became the singles lmao. The rest were absolute TRASH.

and to think that the max martin tracks were added last minute ish...  :deadbanana4:  its a bad album as is imagine how bad it was before max touched it

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

and to think that the max martin tracks were added last minute ish...  :deadbanana4:  its a bad album as is imagine how bad it was before max touched it

Max and co saved the album lmfao. Sweetner is trash without them and I do NOT understand anyone who says its her best lmfao. It would be if you took the rest of the absolute **** off it. I CANNOT. The fact she did tun (her magnum opus) so quick after and Pharrell was nowhere to be found speaks VOLUMES. Tommy & Max = the dreamteam.

Edited by JayG

Not the Max Martin fans already starting their slandering of Sweetener when Sweetener is a cute girl and gave Ariana her artistic moment acclaimed by the GP. :deadbanana4:

Pharrell gave her the ARTS and Tommy would go on to give her the CHARTS.  :siptea:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 4

Just now, Communion said:

Not the Max Martin army already spreading their propaganda when Sweetener is her artistic moment acclaimed by the GP. :siptea:

Pharrell gave her the ARTS and Tommy gave her the CHARTS. There's a reason Max Is not on her projects anymore. :coffee2:

Her "artistic" moment? LMFAO, that would literally be her most personal album to date - thank u, next.

Max has been off ONE project. ONE. Positions. And that was half loved and half panned. Half of Positions is literal unfinished trash just like Sweetner. WHAT are you smoking hun?

Pharrell gave her unfinished pots and pans. Like... theres a reason DW & tun are her best albums - POLISHED top to bottom. RICH production. FINISHED songs with pop perfect arrangements, background vocals, bridges etc. Everything with Pharrell lacked ALL of those things lmao.

• Like 1

Probably good thing this stayed a shelve demo

sounds better than expected based on the title though still not very good.

18 minutes ago, JayG said:

Max has been off ONE project. ONE. Positions.

Are you telling me you expect to see more Max Martin collaborations on upcoming Ariana albums? :toofunny3:

I love their songs together too, but hating anything Max didn't do is this weird contrarianism on ATRL.

The majority of Arian's most successful songs are now produced by Tommy Brown. Let alone Max's team had very little to do with thank u, next. Pop Wansel is the album's next biggest contributor after Tommy and BUWYG only ended up on the album cause Ariana got cold feet over putting out Remember - a song produced by Wansel & Scott Storch.

Making up claims like positions being an album of "scraps" shows someone who can't accept where Ariana is headed to musically. :toofunny3: Not liking an album =/= getting to claim that album was some rushed project when we know it wasn't and have the countless demos that 1) show the sonic change that occurred and 2) what scraps actually are.

It's inherently contradicting to write Sweetener off as "scraps" because Pharrell offered Ariana ideas he was already working on while then applying the same label to positions, which ends up being the project she was the most involved in from beginning to end. 

Edited by Communion

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

Are you telling me you expect to see more Max Martin collaborations on upcoming Ariana albums? :toofunny3:

I love their songs together too, but hating anything Max didn't do is this weird contrarianism on ATRL.

The majority of Arian's most successful songs are now produced by Tommy Brown. Let alone Max's team had very little to do with thank u, next. Pop Wansel is the album's next biggest contributor after Tommy and BUWYG only ended up on the album cause Ariana got cold feet over putting out Remember - a song produced by Wansel & Scott Storch.

Making up claims like positions being an album of "scraps" shows someone who can't accept where Ariana is headed to musically. :toofunny3: Not liking an album =/= getting to claim that album was some rushed project when we know it wasn't and have the countless demos that 1) show the sonic change that occurred and 2) what scraps actually are.

I don't know, but... she should. She definitely should, or at least Ilya. I dont hate anything Max didn't do, Tommy SLAYS, so does Pop Wansel. As do pretty much EVERY producer and collaborator she has worked with APART from one - Pharrell. Hes the only one that gave her literal trash. The only one. I know who is on the tun liner notes, I know. Stuck With U even, Pop Wansel did that and that also SHITS on Pharrell's weak ass trash.

Its not claims... its literally not claims, MULTIPLE publications, fans and threads on this very forum (and I'm sure others) have discussed how half the songs on positions are literally unfinished. Those deluxe tracks? GURL. Half of positions is an absolute MASTERPIECE. The other half? Meh, weak. Shes done better and she CAN do better. Adore & Quit are perfect examples of this. She can REALLY serve. And I'm literally a STAN. I know what shes capable of. I've been to every one of her tours, I've got all her demo/leaks/features etc. I KNOW what she can do. And positions was weak... weak. She is capable of something a lot more polished. She is. She herself shits on every project once shes onto the next one lmao. Shes known to hate half the **** she does on the last album pretty much every album cycle. Like...

Either way, Pharrell is the ONLY **** collaborator she has EVER had. Period. This isnt even about stanning Max Martin. Its about the fact someone of her calibre was given TRASH by someone who is considered a legendary producer lmfao. That aint it. That aint right. At ALL. Like, The Neptunes... and served THAT? Nahhhhh.

Christmas & Chill ALONE shits on the Pharrell tracks. And that was a rushed EP turned into a masterpiece she did with Tommy in FAR less time than the tracks she did on Sweetner lmao. Adore & Quit with Cashmere Cat also **** on the Pharrell tracks.

Edited by JayG

Some of you are taking it too personal haha. At the end of the day making music is fun and it's not always going to a Billboard hit. The song was not released for a reason. Just appreciate the process. Everyone has different taste.

• Like 2

okay I feel like if bey had this, tweaked the production a little bit, and added her runs there’s a vision for an interlude there

4 minutes ago, VerdantHue said:

Some of you are taking it too personal haha. At the end of the day making music is fun and it's not always going to a Billboard hit. The song was not released for a reason. Just appreciate the process. Everyone has different taste.

I agree with you but it still stands Pharrell gave her trash lmfao, she has other demos that are fun too, but actually SLAP

unsurface it

A bop!

pretty girls like trap music :ahh: 

I’m so sorry every Pharrell song I ever heard except them old ones with JayZ and Snoop Dogg is ******* TRASH :biblio:

what the hell is this **** :deadbanana4:

give the legend status card back Pharrell ! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.