Various Artists - ’Barbie: The Album’

mystery

Mark Ronson confirms it was about Billie.

• Like 1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• mystery

• kyliefever2002

• 99sandthe2000s

Okay Sam & his brand def. in his Justin Beiber & Maroon 5 2017 stage now level of overexposure & exhaustion. Needs at least 2 years away sitting on his recharger.    

they really set sam up with announcing them last :rip:

2 hours ago, jamiko1230 said:

Okay Sam & his brand def. in his Justin Beiber & Maroon 5 2017 stage now level of overexposure & exhaustion. Needs at least 2 years away sitting on his recharger.    

yawn :next:

• Thanks 1

You all forgot that Sam is on his hate train era. They didn't hide Sam for hype, it was for marketing... sadly.

If Karens and the conservatives saw their name on the soundtrack, this movie would be treated as a "woke" movie and would have hurt the box office. 

• Thanks 2

I personally think singling these two artists out as "surprise acts" was a bit of a mistake. Compared to the rest of the artists involved in the soundtrack, they already seem like outsiders, now even more so than if they were just announced alongside everyone else. Mark also stating his clear personal bias for these artists as objective fact also isn't doing them any favours. Statements such as "greatest living artists around" is obviously going to make the GP think of someone at legend status, not someone who debuted in the last 10 years.

All in all this seems like a bit of an odd project for him to be executive producing/curating. Still love the Dua track and keen for the Ava and Lizzo songs. :clap3:

• Like 1

Listening to the songs I can't help but wonder if they really missed out on adding Carly to the soundtrack. Maybe not Carly but something that nails that 2000s girly pop vibe of the Barbie cartoons back then.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, mystery said:

Listening to the songs I can't help but wonder if they really missed out on adding Carly to the soundtrack. Maybe not Carly but something that nails that 2000s girly pop vibe of the Barbie cartoons back then.

like we needed another bubblegum pop songstress to give us another smash on here. "This Kiss" should've been on the moodboard fr :katie2:

Honestly, Barbie Dreams was a step in the right direction but imagine someone like Zara Larsson or Tove Lo serving us some swede synthpop excellence on the soundtrack? Would've loved that

so far for me

angel > barbie dreams > butterflies > barbie world > speed drive > dance the night >watati

but all the songs (minus watati) are VERY good tbh, i thought the list of artists was a bit of a mix and match but somehow they fit the vibe 

hi yall. any review of the soundtrack? have been seen some tweets acclaming the movie but not specific the soundtrack

Britney has always been the most Barbie pop girl out there. Should’ve definitely been part of this gig.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

so far for me

angel > barbie dreams > butterflies > barbie world > speed drive > dance the night >watati

but all the songs (minus watati) are VERY good tbh, i thought the list of artists was a bit of a mix and match but somehow they fit the vibe 

Haven't listened to butterflies yet but I think this is objectively the correct ranking 

Angel deserves a cute MV and a full promo spot

Sam song is out the day the movie comes out and is the album release single.

WTF, when you secure Ava Max for a soundtrack you push her song as the single, what the fresh hell is going on?

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Aurora said:

I personally think singling these two artists out as "surprise acts" was a bit of a mistake. Compared to the rest of the artists involved in the soundtrack, they already seem like outsiders, now even more so than if they were just announced alongside everyone else. Mark also stating his clear personal bias for these artists as objective fact also isn't doing them any favours. Statements such as "greatest living artists around" is obviously going to make the GP think of someone at legend status, not someone who debuted in the last 10 years.

All in all this seems like a bit of an odd project for him to be executive producing/curating. Still love the Dua track and keen for the Ava and Lizzo songs. :clap3:

Is there that much attention around this soundtrack release? Film release I get being apprehensive about something like this but-

14 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

WTF, when you secure Ava Max for a soundtrack you push her song as the single, what the fresh hell is going on?

giphy.gif

:rofl:

Dua's and Karol's are the only good songs so far from this

ITS AN SYNTH POP TRACK  :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.