Who is the biggest flop of all time?

Armani?

Which artist is the biggest flop of all time in total sales & touring when considering their exposure, playlist placements etc?

Discuss

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• thatsmydemi

• Raphy23

• Delirious

Frogurt

1 minute ago, TheHiveMind said:

Demi Lovato based off the metrics you  listed. 

My boyfriend is from latin America and he seems to think Demi is WAY bigger than Miley. I'm like not in north american she's not :doc:

• Haha 1

Is there a MPG album that debuted with worse numbers than Gag Order? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

My boyfriend is from latin America and he seems to think Demi is WAY bigger than Miley. I'm like not in north american she's not :doc:

i can't talk about but the rest of the LATAM countries but she truly did use to be bigger than her peers in Brazil! she's def. not anymore tho, her last radio song here was Solo with Clean Bandit and her Holy **** tour, despite Rock in Rio, was wayyyy smaller than her previous tour. Don't think she's realistically bigger than any of her peers here in 2023, her brazilian dominance kinda ended. 

She's still probably bigger here than at North America tho and had a MPG run here! :date:

Edited by Selegend

Demi for sure

Edited by burninredhot

Fergie

The Dutchess 12Mil WW

BB200: 2

3 Hot 100 number 1s

2 additional  Hot 100 top 5s

To the double duchess

one top 30 song (La.Love) and one top 40 song (Milf money) 

album BB200: 19

Just now, Selegend said:

i can't talk about but the rest of the LATAM countries but she truly did use to be bigger than her peers in Brazil! she's def. not anymore tho, her last radio song here was Solo with Clean Bandit and her Holy **** tour, despite Rock in Rio, was wayyyy smaller than her previous tour. 

She's still probably bigger here than at North America tho. :date:

Yes, he's Brazilian. I was shocked when he wouldn't entertain Miley being bigger. out of the disney trio Selena/Miley are huge and Demi is straggling behind. But he called me crazy lol

• Haha 1

Kevin Federline.

Most panned album in history (15/100 on MC) and sold only 16 thousand copies. Relegated to mooching off his famous and successful ex-wife for the last 15+ years.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Camila Cabello. She was supposed to be the next big thing but she’s been struggling for YEARS.

Familia tanked hard it couldnt even have a tour :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Demi isn’t a flop but the fact that she hasn’t even had a top 5 hit in kinda embarrassing tbh

21 minutes ago, TheHiveMind said:

Demi Lovato based off the metrics you  listed. 

20 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

Frogurt

13 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

Demi for sure

Demi has never had a flop album apart from her latest one.

She has very consistent success with little promo. Every pop era of hers except for her latest one has had like at least 2 smashes

I think to have a big playlist placement or big exposition in some way you Need to have some kind of early success...Olivia Rodrigo, post Malone, Billie didn't start to get #1 on playlists from nothing.

So i can't think to a name really fits to that.

It's more about how some artists despite early buzz and then a big push from labels  seems like they disappearread very fast 

Post Malone seems like he really dropped  very soon. Shawn mendes too?.

I remember twenty One pilots were really really big at the start of the streaming era too.

In the past i would think to tory Kelly.

She got vmas performances (even the grammys maybe?) without any hit around and She never really happened in terms of success, despite a big push. 

Edited by vale9001

most inconsistent career flop after flop then surprise hit then flop again and again, most flop of them all in total

cher  :irate:

16 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Yes, he's Brazilian. I was shocked when he wouldn't entertain Miley being bigger. out of the disney trio Selena/Miley are huge and Demi is straggling behind. But he called me crazy lol

Demi used to be the biggest Disney girl there until 2020, when she ditched her popstar persona and stopped caring about charts. Even today, Brazil remains her biggest market despite having non-existent promo. So it's not surprising your bf thinks that. 

The only one who truly fits this description is the Tori Kelly that Scooter tried to shove her down everybody's throats - she was in every award show and still failed to produce a hit. 

And today, I'd say Camila. She still gets quite big promo but her singles definitely doesn't match it.

Edited by thatsmydemi

Considering the push she got and the current state of her career, Camila Cabello is a good answer.

• Like 1

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

• Thumbs Down 3

18 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Camila Cabello. She was supposed to be the next big thing but she’s been struggling for YEARS.

Familia tanked hard it couldnt even have a tour :deadbanana2:

She could have toured i just don't think she wants too

Of all time means they're such flops we don't even know they exist. People saying Demi but she is a household name and making millions. How is that the biggest flop of all time? 

Tori Kelly and HER. They were promoted everywhere and their stats are very bad :gaycat4:

• Like 1

this thread… :rip: what a mess

anyways, its chloe bailey if we are unbiased:bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.