• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gettsleazy

• Ryan

• TomTom

• The7thStranger

How would all the ATRL gays feel if their mom had been raped but read strangers online all the time celebrating their mom's rapist just cause they like his work? Assuming that gays here even care for their mothers since they seem to hate women so much! 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

We should be able to talk about the music like if Kim releases a song by him, etc. but Dr. Luke the person? He should not be allowed threads. He's disgusting.

Like someone else said, Max Martin and others never get threads but this alleged rapist does? It's to make digs at Kesha and it's very obvious. Also he should rightfully be allowed to get dragged on here.

Edited by JustHoran
  • Like 3

I think he should receive the J.K Rowling treatment on here personally.

I haven't really seen any threads involving him that don't dissolve into weird behavior and it's tiring to see people use his name in stan wars/as an opportunity to attack Kesha for her choices in defending herself. It's always seemed off why people do that and that opportunity should probably be closed down.

• Like 6

It's kinda shocking that he's still getting support from the industry so i'm glad that some people are exposing these things with the threads

but another thing that's very sus is dragging some people that work/ed with him, but then openly supporting others :rip:

Yeah it's weird how he has stans celebrating his charts success. But the "We love you Luke" from Mariah Carey recently was disgusting as well.

• Like 1

Didn't you make a banner promoting the release of Alone by Kim Petras and Nicki Minaj while also pinning the lyric video at the top of its thread? It's a little ironic of you to instigate this discussion while actively enjoying and supporting Dr. Luke's work and artists who willingly choose to work with him.

Anyway, I agree that Dr. Luke should receive the same treatment as J. K. Rowling. Absolutely nobody gives a flying **** what this "alleged" rapist accomplishes. Threads about him always lead to the same recurring, pointless fights between certain fanbases and people. As for the artists who willingly choose to work with him, they deserve to be criticized and lashed at. It comes with the territory.

• Like 6

Innocent until proven guilty. And he was not proven guilty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 23

2 minutes ago, Sylpher said:

Innocent until proven guilty. And he was not proven guilty.

Can you predict the future because the trial is yet to happen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

That member did not deserve your response for a thread where he didn't even mention anything related to Kesha or his "past". He literally posted a chart stat. It is not fair to then call people "rape apologists" for citing his ability to sustain a long career like some members do here. If that is the case then where is the moral outrage in literally every single Doja Cat thread? Should we then be allowed to discuss the music he historically produced? Cause isn't that also enabling him in a sense that we uphold his relevancy? Saying someone is a good producer should not take away from any ethical implications. Especially if you like his early work

Disgusting person alert.

• Like 4

• ATRL Moderator

We should be able to discuss him and freely drag him and his supporters as we wish 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Talk about his productions all you want, but he himself should get the J.K. treatment on here. 

He has a bizarre and dedicated group of 3, 4 users that continue to use his name to mock, belittle, and humiliate his rape victim and the countless other women he has abused. Whether or not you believe he raped Kesha, there is court certified evidence that this man is an abuser, a con artist, and a sociopath. 

He has not contributed enough to pop culture beyond what he's given to immensely talented female artists. Discussions surrounding him on this forum are never productive. I admit to being part of that dynamic but it is hard to sit back and watch while a bunch of gay men in their 20's/30's "troll" people using the despicable actions he's been a part of. 

I personally think some of these pro-Luke posts veer on ZTP warnings alone. They reek of misogyny and the only reason they get posted is to pointedly trigger people, especially victims of rape and assault. It is disgusting and has gone on far too long. 

Edited by gettsleazy
  • Like 12

Yeah, it really goes to show how little people care about real issues that don't affect them directly.

• Like 1

People “stanning” him should get flagged for trolling, it’s inherently incendiary in nature and people know what they’re doing.

He should still be discussed as he unfortunately still has a huge presence in the industry and criticism of people who choose to work with him/his camp is fair.

• Like 5

Let’s see the timeline of the lawsuit between Kesha and Dr Luke

October 14, 2014: Kesha files a lawsuit against Dr. Luke in California, alleging sexual assault, sexual harassment, and emotional distress. She also seeks to invalidate her recording contracts with him.

October 17, 2014: Dr. Luke counter-sues Kesha for defamation and breach of contract in New York.

April 6, 2016: New York Judge Shirley Werner Kornreich dismisses Kesha's abuse claims.

August 1, 2016: Kesha drops the sexual assault lawsuit in California to focus on the ongoing defamation lawsuit in New York and her music career.

February 6, 2020: A New York judge rules that Kesha defamed Dr. Luke in a text message to Lady Gaga, stating Dr. Luke had raped Katy Perry (a claim Perry denied). The judge also rules that Dr. Luke is not a public figure, which has implications for the standards of proof in defamation cases.

So if the rape allegations against him were so credible, why couldn’t he be proven guilty in a trial? Why every lawsuit made by Kesha were either dropped or dismissed?

I’m not a Dr. Luke stan, but it’s undeniable he’s one the most talented and impactful producers of our time.

:giraffe:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 18

• ATRL Administrator
7 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

Didn't you make a banner promoting the release of Alone by Kim Petras and Nicki Minaj while also pinning the lyric video at the top of its thread? It's a little ironic of you to instigate this discussion while actively enjoying and supporting Dr. Luke's work and artists who willingly choose to work with him.

My stance on Dr. Luke has been clear for years. I don’t think it’s fair to blame the artists he works with for his alleged actions/behavior, but there’s certainly room to criticize them for choosing to work with him in light of it. I don’t see what’s so difficult about understanding that. 

22 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Now, I do think it’s difficult to navigate the songs he did for others before all this came out. And it’s subjective whether artists who continue to work with him out of legal obligation vs. those choosing to work with him should be criticized, but like stanning the actual man?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Talk about his productions all you want, but he himself should get the J.K. treatment on here. 

He has a bizarre and dedicated group of 3, 4 users that continue to use his name to mock, belittle, and humiliate his rape victim and the countless other women he has abused. Whether or not you believe he raped Kesha, there is court certified evidence that this man is an abuser, a con artist, and a sociopath. 

He has not contributed enough to pop culture beyond what he's given to immensely talented female artists. Discussions surrounding him on this forum are  never productive. I admit to being part of that dynamic but it is hard to sit back and watch while a bunch of gay men in their 20's/30's "troll" people using the despicable actions he's been a part of. 

I personally think some of these pro-Luke posts veer on ZTP warnings alone. They reek of misogyny and the only reason they get posted is to pointedly trigger people, especially victims of rape and assault. It is disgusting and has gone on far too long. 

Reek of misogyny when you literally called Katy Perry a "blow up doll of clown pop" in another thread? You are such a hypocrite. We want a safe space on here thats why you never see anyone discuss the implications of his lawsuit directly. The only thing i mention from the whole lawsuit is when Kesha was ruled by a judge to have defamed Katy and Dr. Luke when she texted misinformation about Dr. Luke r*ng Katy Perry? Stop hiding behind the misogyny card when you talk about women like this yourself

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

People “stanning” him should get flagged for trolling, it’s inherently incendiary in nature and people know what they’re doing.

This. If discussion of *him* isn't going to be banned, we should be allowed to have open season on him and his abusive ways. 

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Reek of misogyny when you literally called Katy Perry a "blow up doll of clown pop" in another thread? You are such a hypocrite. We want a safe space on here thats why you never see anyone discuss the implications of his lawsuit directly. The only thing i mentioned from the whole lawsuit is when Kesha defamed Katy and Dr. Luke when she spread misinformation about Dr. Luke r*ng her? Stop hiding behind the misogyny card when you talk about women like this yourself

p364083b_2x.jpg

If you think this is misogynist you need to seek professional help. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I do not care about Luke as a person at all. I like lots of the stuff he produces and I talk about and listen to that. 

Btw some users need to look up the meaning of FREEDOM OF SPEECH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gettsleazy said:

p364083b_2x.jpg

Calling a woman a blow up doll is misogyny. Stop acting innocent now seriously you arent funny. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Calling a woman a blow up doll is misogyny. Stop acting innocent now seriously you arent funny. 

Called her a "blow up clown doll", not a "blow up doll." Get a sense of nuance and learn how to read. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

p364083b_2x.jpg

girlie in the other thread you said that Katy is nothing without his productions. you're literally against saying that for kesha so be real and don't use that against katy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.