• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• #Beautiful

• OmegaRidley

• GardenPanty

beautiful album cover, hope it will be her best, I want the album to sound more like brr than alone...

• Like 1

I’m still fuming Try Again isn’t on the album

Was the Japanese Edition CD announced? These editions always come with bonus tracks, so things might not be completely over for Try Again yet

Watch it be IJWAR and 2 Alone remixes

HiddenInconsequentialAmazondolphin-size_

Assuming Problematiqué is really coming, I wonder if any of the David Guetta collabs will make it since she said the album was inspired by french dance music at some point. There’s also a chance that Try Again might be on that album replacing songs that are now on FTB instead.

“Feed the Beast” is her most evolved writing yet. It’s also her most personal. “I think it has really, truly vulnerable, real moments for me that are of lower moments in my life and about love and whatever — things that I don’t really talk about."

“We’ve been fans of Kim’s since before we started working together,” says Wendy Goldstein, copresident of Republic Records.
“When we first met we knew she would become one of the biggest pop stars in the world. She’s blazing her own trail, doing it on her own terms and uncompromising in her vision. It’s been such an incredible experience working with her and this upcoming album will show the world that her musical talents are unmatched. It’s only just the beginning.”

Kim Petras had previously met with multiple major record labels but felt misunderstood each time.
“I’m definitely talking about the music industry in general [on this album]. I felt like I was very boxed into, ‘Oh, you’re a gay club artist, and you will have an underground niche fan base.’ That’s the kind of stuff that early labels told me, which is why I never signed,” Kim Petras says.

“It made me feel embarrassed for wanting to do music to the fullest level, to do real big pop music. It made me feel, for a second, that I didn’t belong there. I thought it was kind of vain and stupid for me to want to make big radio hits and things like that, and it’s not, and that’s what I’ve always really wanted, so that’s what [the album] means. Don’t question yourself. Don’t think that you shouldn’t want things that you want. Just go and feed the beast. Do whatever you like and don’t stand in your own way.”

https://wwd.com/eye/people/kim-petras-cover-story-feed-the-beast-new-album-1235659324/

0527-Weekend_COVER.jpg?w=2048

5 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

“Feed the Beast” is her most evolved writing yet. It’s also her most personal. “I think it has really, truly vulnerable, real moments for me that are of lower moments in my life and about love and whatever — things that I don’t really talk about."

“We’ve been fans of Kim’s since before we started working together,” says Wendy Goldstein, copresident of Republic Records.
“When we first met we knew she would become one of the biggest pop stars in the world. She’s blazing her own trail, doing it on her own terms and uncompromising in her vision. It’s been such an incredible experience working with her and this upcoming album will show the world that her musical talents are unmatched. It’s only just the beginning.”

Kim Petras had previously met with multiple major record labels but felt misunderstood each time.
“I’m definitely talking about the music industry in general [on this album]. I felt like I was very boxed into, ‘Oh, you’re a gay club artist, and you will have an underground niche fan base.’ That’s the kind of stuff that early labels told me, which is why I never signed,” Kim Petras says.

“It made me feel embarrassed for wanting to do music to the fullest level, to do real big pop music. It made me feel, for a second, that I didn’t belong there. I thought it was kind of vain and stupid for me to want to make big radio hits and things like that, and it’s not, and that’s what I’ve always really wanted, so that’s what [the album] means. Don’t question yourself. Don’t think that you shouldn’t want things that you want. Just go and feed the beast. Do whatever you like and don’t stand in your own way.”

https://wwd.com/eye/people/kim-petras-cover-story-feed-the-beast-new-album-1235659324/

Love how my sis keeps trying to push a concept or whatever for this project when it's just a collection of bops and past singles Republic asked her to group together

Anyways the Andromeda description sounds exciting along with the aesthetic so there's that

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

They are really trying to fool us lol :chick1:

44 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Love how my sis keeps trying to push a concept or whatever for this project when it's just a collection of bops and past singles Republic asked her to group together

LOL exactly my thoughts!

8 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

It made me feel embarrassed for wanting to do music to the fullest level, to do real big pop music

**** Pop, IJWAR, Brrr and Alone are “big pop music to the fullest level”? Girl…

15 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

I hate this write up. Such lies and fluff. 

Republic ruined her and that’s tea

19 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

The second hand embarassement reading this when her audience is still gay twinks :rip: 

Sooo… are they gonna do anything the next 3.5 weeks? Or just keep making her post pre-save links on her IG stories…

like girl where is the hype. There should be at least one thing released each week. Either a song, snippet, visual, etc. sheesh 

27 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Sooo… are they gonna do anything the next 3.5 weeks? Or just keep making her post pre-save links on her IG stories…

like girl where is the hype. There should be at least one thing released each week. Either a song, snippet, visual, etc. sheesh 

Other than the social media silence, she said to OUT Magazine that she's not even doing Pride shows this year :skull:

So we'll have Gov Ball on June 9 and then the Citi concert on the release date. And that's it

I think her and the label know the promo cycle for this album has been ****ed. False starts and stops, scraps, backlash, singles given a push that didn't pay off. The announcement tweet itself just coming out after the pre-save link already went live just felt flaccid and she's acknowledged the Alone remixes more than she has the album, which is pretty weird considering how much hype she seemed to be trying to generate for it at the start of the cycle.

43 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Other than the social media silence, she said to OUT Magazine that she's not even doing Pride shows this year :skull:

So we'll have Gov Ball on June 9 and then the Citi concert on the release date. And that's it

Pathetic. All the lead up these last 2 years, the mainstream attention she got… all amounting to a tepid release with no fanfare or surprises. Basic ass release strategy :zzz:

Y’all love to **** on SlutPop but the release was actually pretty exciteful

The fact that a random EP was better managed than a whole ass debut album is pretty wild to me 

42 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

The fact that a random EP was better managed than a whole ass debut album is pretty wild to me 

I think part of what makes the promo cycle for this album so painful is that her early eras felt so good. Era 1 took a fairly long time (like a year and a half) but she packed a ton of singles into it, gave us TOTL Vol. 1, and IMMEDIATELY transitioned into the cycle for Clarity. I honestly think the promo cycle for Clarity was perfect for what it was, weekly singles, testing the waters, seeing what sticks, and culminating in a diverse but still consistent piece of music that serves a dual purpose, and it also immediately transitioned into the full TOTL. That's not something you see anymore. She's released 6 singles over the last three years and is just kind of sliding the album towards us hesitantly.

Honestly I'm just waiting for her to drop the album and move on to the next era because this is painful to watch

atp obviously predictable what sort of outcome will result from now and my 2 wishes granted for prayers, one promo no video only audio and cute small playlisting in between then no more delay album.

ot: 2.0 grows on me

Praying they drop her when the album will inevitably flop cause this has just been a MESS from the start 

“Feed the Beast” was named for advice given to her by a label executive, who kept urging her to make more music for the company to sell.
For Kim, the all-consuming nature of the music industry is part of the fun. Being truly pop means being widely palatable, and it also means risking public rejection. “It’s like when the gorgeous girl gets fed to the beast—but the beast doesn’t want to eat her,” she told me. “What will make you want to eat me?”

“Feed the Beast” leans into the alien sound of European dance music: the German upbringing that once made Petras seem an unlikely American success story is now part of her competitive advantage. 

One song on the album, an ode to unchecked hedonism called “Castle in the Sky,” was inspired by unpretentious German dance acts of the past, like Scooter and Blümchen; it rattles along at nearly a hundred and seventy beats per minute. “I feel like people are scared of that tempo,” Petras told me. “But I grew up wanting to be a raver.” Another new song, “Claws,” is built around a sample of a German yodel. This is Petras’s main objective during the next few weeks: making sure that her fans are as hungry as possible.

writing session with David Guetta, Sarah Hudson,  Rami Yacoub
Guetta had an idea: he thought Petras might want to write something based on “Sans Contrefaçon,” by Mylène Farmer. He cued it up. “It’s like ABBA,” Petras said, approvingly.
David went online to find a translation of the lyrics. The title might be rendered, rather awkwardly, as “Without Counterfeit”—or, with some poetic license, as “Honestly.” The song revolves around a confession: roughly, “Since we have to choose, I’ll say it softly / I’m a boy, honestly.” The lyrics are evocative and enigmatic, with a stray reference to the Chevalier d’Éon, an eighteenth-century diplomat and spy who went undercover as a woman and lived that way for more than thirty years. “ ‘Alone in my closet,’ ” Guetta said, reading the translation. “That line is so crazy!”
Sshe and Hudson were improvising lyrics about lust and destiny. “I love the concept of ‘I’m your fate,’ ” Petras said. “ ‘Is this meant to be, or we’re just meant to ****?’ ” She had an idea. “Can I go just freestyle some ****?” she said, and slipped into the recording booth to try out phrases, the way a guitarist might try out riffs. “Automobiles and diamond rings,” she sang. “Let me beee,” she added, pushing the last word up the scale. “ ’Cause I don’t really care!”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/06/05/kim-petras-wants-to-be-a-superstar