Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Just now, glitch said:

I'm pretty sure people booed because he got 0 points, like booing the public who voted rather than booing him. I feel like that always happens no?

Anyway Years and Years haven't really been relevant since like 2018 in the UK, idk about elsewhere 

Years &vYears lowkey is a one hit wonder everywhere but the UK. Their only hit (King) isn't remembered very fondly as well, it's kinda seen as bottom of the barrell chainsmokere'd tropical house radio fodder of the mid 2010's. :rip: Also... nobody except the gays knows that Olly Alexander is Years & Years.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Just now, Shawn said:

the results would be quiet different with netherlands no?

Guys, Im so excited Nemo won, i sent my vote from Brazil, it was the first time I watched the whole thing

I have a question

How come Olly didnt get any televotes? I dont understand the system really well, can someone explain?

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

They better bring back jury's for SFs :khalyan:

ALBANIA NOT LAST 

Oprah Winfrey GIFs | Tenor

17 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

image0.jpg?ex=66414fa5&is=663ffe25&hm=07

Western Europe + Australia are pigs:suburban:

Wouldn't be surprised if some of them are fake televotes which made these 12 points go to Israel. 

• Like 1

Latvia wasn't even close :hoetenks: I'm shocked, I feel like they mixed up Belgium's and Latvia's votes lmao

• ATRL Moderator

so the Netherlands could have potentially won :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

The way this was supposed to be UK's big comeback and they lowkey tanked worse than last time... Like yeah he got some points but the absolute 0 from public lowkey worse than 24th place last year.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

the fact that dizzy is the only song I actually remember and have in my head right now

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

SWITZERLAND FOURTH IN THE SEMI IJBOL

• ATRL Moderator

Malta last in the semi :clownny:

Denmark only 7 points away from qualifying :clownny:

2 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

the results would be quiet different with netherlands no?

Well.. Belgium definitely wouldn't have given 12 points to Israel in the televote that's for sure, Europapa is already a monster hit here

I wonder who Netherlands fans transferred their votes to.

I think Croatia was the top recipient. 

Latvia somehow not being a borderline qualifier and somehow not being a grand final flop

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 2

I wonder if the BBC will change how they pick contestants again after the 0 points. TaP was great and we left them way too early.

2 minutes ago, LIMA said:

Guys, Im so excited Nemo won, i sent my vote from Brazil, it was the first time I watched the whole thing

I have a question

How come Olly didnt get any televotes? I dont understand the system really well, can someone explain?

points are awarded to top 10 countries by overall votes as

so he got 0 because uk wasn't in top 10 anywhere

• Thanks 2

tbh I would kinda understand if Malta decides to withdraw, last place is ridiculous

even Ms. Emotional.Breathless.Real did better than that

western europe gave most points to israel while eastern did to croatia and ukraine

4i354dhxyd991.png

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

I wonder if the BBC will change how they pick contestants again after the 0 points. TaP was great and we left them way too early.

The UK needs to send people who can sing their songs live. Whenever they send a questionable vocalist Europe says

whitney-houston-singers.gif

• Like 2

So happy Israel flopped and didn't even come top 3 :ahh: 

They thought they were getting an Ukraine moment and they didn't even get top 3. GURL Bye!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Semi 1:

nEUhD7I.png

That’s embarrassing for Iceland

That’s what they get for the Bashar controversy 

Posted (edited)

Also not mumsnet and tattle (two UK-based forums filled with more typical UK middle-aged women, more of the Eurovision watching type) genuinely being shocked at the UK televote 12 too, it's 100% rigged by far right at this point.  :deadbanana2:

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think Olly was the problem. The problem was him in combination with the staging. There was way too much movement for him, making him be out of breath constantly. It had the same effect as Roxen. 

An act's staging is extremely important, but the vocals are also very important for a lot of people voting. I think a healthy balance should have been found here and it wasn't.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.