Taylor Swift - 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)'

nasa

Speak Now getting its due honestly feels a bit like a fever dream; I knew it would eventually get its moment because it’s part of the re-recordings of course, but it’s always been my fave album prior to Folklore (and is even now still tied with Folklore tbh), and so to see it getting this much love already is making me feel all kinds of ways. :weeps:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Klein

• Cruel Summer

Still not over how good the album cover is. Love how faithful it is to the original :jonny:

She got rid of the worst song on the album (If This Was A Movie) and now the album is perfectly skipless :bird:

4 hours ago, 1989 said:

Speak Now getting its due honestly feels a bit like a fever dream; I knew it would eventually get its moment because it’s part of the re-recordings of course, but it’s always been my fave album prior to Folklore (and is even now still tied with Folklore tbh), and so to see it getting this much love already is making me feel all kinds of ways. :weeps:

I’m so happy honestly :weeps:  

18 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

It’s not that hard to understand. ITWAM was originally part of the SN era hence it should have the SN TV cover. 

Actually, ITWAM was written for Fearless (Platinum Edition) but was added as a deluxe track to Speak Now, presumably by her label. They tacked on Girl At Home at the end of Red deluxe too despite it being unfinished. That's why the TV of GAH is so different.

7 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

How can you not see why she doesn’t want it on SNTV

Where did I say to add it to the album?

3 hours ago, RockStarShit101 said:

The album being self-written is still impressive to this day. 

Especially once you take into consideration how young she was at the time, and coming off of Fearless with LS, YBWM

I have seen multiple people talking about a 1M debut for Speak Now TV. I know Taylor has been dominating lately but a 1M debut for a re-recording is not happening. She'd need something like 650-700k pure sales, maybe more, I don't see her doing that much.

I don't expect it to do less than Red TV obviously, but I imagine something in the 700-800k range, which is already absolutely crazy. :deadbanana4:

(Though I was also doubting Midnights' doing 1M, and look how it turned out. :clown:)

I really want SNTV to do a 1M debut with a no1 single, this album deserves so much more than it’s been treated, even Taylor herself kinda downplayed it (one song only on tour? Seriously?) but yet Taylor seemed to love SN the most (based on what she said on the announcement post), this album will be a brand new album for most of fans who joined from her pop times, so this has to smash!!!

Speak Now holds a very special place in my heart, back in 2010 I was exactly at the age that made me feel excited, confused, sad, angry and hopeful at the same time, I felt the weight of growing up but also the innocence of teenage times, Speak Now is my teenage dreams.

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I have seen multiple people talking about a 1M debut for Speak Now TV. I know Taylor has been dominating lately but a 1M debut for a re-recording is not happening. She'd need something like 650-700k pure sales, maybe more, I don't see her doing that much.

I don't expect it to do less than Red TV obviously, but I imagine something in the 700-800k range, which is already absolutely crazy. :deadbanana4:

(Though I was also doubting Midnights' doing 1M, and look how it turned out. :clown:)

We'll have to see how many variants crop up. It'll be hard to do huge numbers with only 1 cover and maybe 2 vinyl variants (one for her webstore and 1 for Target like in the past I expect). If she can serve us multiple covers and multiple variants like folklore and Midnights it'll be more interesting :jonny: 

Dying to know the Vault tracks. Drama Queef won't make it - and tbd is too immature to NEED to be released anyway - but Let's Go has a ton of potential with all those amazing harmonies. 

Castles Crumbling and Bother Me are the other guesses, I suppose .. but more likely there'll be a couple titles we have never heard of either :jonnycat:

Wonder if John or Joe will be dragged through the mud

3 hours ago, Timeless said:

Actually, ITWAM was written for Fearless (Platinum Edition) but was added as a deluxe track to Speak Now, presumably by her label. They tacked on Girl At Home at the end of Red deluxe too despite it being unfinished. That's why the TV of GAH is so different.

oh I didn't know this.

Anyway I'm perched for this. I started stanning Taylor when RED was released, so I haven't really listened to SN.

She wants to make this still her self written album.

While ITWAM was a deluxe track now the 22 songs tracklist is the official tracklist of the album so i can understand the choice.

I can understand also the very collectors and they want every song in the physical version (i would like to have safe and sound and Eyes open TV too).

Maybe someday she will release a new physical versions with them :ahh:

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Where did I say to add it to the album?

SNTV doesn't solely refer to the literal album anymore. She has extended each of the TVs with the 'More' chapters. They're expanding.

Where she added ITWAM to 'The More Fearless' chapter. She did that intentionally, and wouldn't have released it if she'd planned for it to be on SNTV. 

The song will remain with the Fearless TV cover. I'm sorry but I can't explain it any more than this.

16 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

I'm sorry but I can't explain it any more than this.

Then don't. I'm done with this.

The cover :jonny2:

The announcement :jonny2:

She's taking it.

Unless she promotes something i feel like Enchanted will be the big winner (again) of this release. 

Cover is gorgeous btw

Given her obsession with dates, this feels intentional :mandown: what will she spill

4b0636512af11d9b418bbcb4d70201f5686c9c0b.pnj

That was my first album to experience as a stan and it was also my favorite Taylor Swift album for ten years. It brings so much memories and affection to me. I’m very happy

7 hours ago, Timeless said:

This makes sense, she probably wrote Always Find Your Way Back Home around that time too in the same sessions with Martin Johnson, and then of course featured on Two Is Better Than One as well, all in 2009.

Edited by Headlock

I just know I'm going to play the **** out of Haunted and Ours, I used to be obsessed with them back in the day and can't wait to see how they'll sound now.

6 hours ago, Klein said:

I agree with you. It's too many pure sales for a re-recording. She has sold 95k vinyls already and Red TV opened with 114K, so I see it doing more pure sales than RED TV. But 450-500k max, not 700k. The amount of signed copies she does will be key.

Edited by Bonicap

5 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I just know I'm going to play the **** out of Haunted and Ours, I used to be obsessed with them back in the day and can't wait to see how they'll sound now.

Same! :cries2:

Haunted, Ours and Sparks Fly were the music of my 2010.

is Enchanted TV going #1? yes it is :jonnycat: