Normani - "Candy Paint"

Alex

Still love this song, the dolby atmos version sounds better tbh. 

But like Apple Music doesn't let me add this song to my library  :rainy: I can add other songs and even other Normani songs, but it glitches out when I try to add Candy Paint & then says "an error has occurred." Like wtf... a reverse payola experience

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Sad Beautiful Tragic

• popularmoonlight

• stephen1108

I think what's happening with the views is a good indicator of just how terrible the rollout was for this. People just did not know this was coming. What a missed opportunity and I'm pissed. Hopefully it continues on this trajectory but **** her team.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where it is on the AM genre chart? If it even made it 

It's passed the Dopamine First Dose video on YouTube and is currently #37 for English YouTube songs/music videos in the last 24 hours :eek:

Spoiler

Tbh it's kinda suspicious and probably has something to do with ads, but I'll take it at this point :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Does anyone know where it is on the AM genre chart? If it even made it 

currently 142 on the pop chart

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shelven said:

It's passed the Dopamine First Dose video on YouTube and is currently #37 for English YouTube songs/music videos in the last 24 hours :eek:

Hide contents

Tbh it's kinda suspicious and probably has something to do with ads, but I'll take it at this point :toofunny2:

But why would they use it for CP and not 1:59 considering the roll out of the latter was handled with more care and thought. 

good to see the You Tube numbers steady . Normani and her team better go all out on release week or the album is not going to do well. hopefully there is another song that will take off .

2 minutes ago, scrltwtch said:

currently 142 on the pop chart

not being counted as r&b?

2 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

not being counted as r&b?

It's getting more pop playlisting on streaming platforms from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, nooniebao said:

It's getting more pop playlisting on streaming platforms from what I've seen.

hope they send the song to pop radio since it looks like it got nothing yesterday.

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

hope they send the song to pop radio since it looks like it got nothing yesterday.

I don't think it's going to really get any real radio play outside of the occasional spin or two until they officially send it to a format and I don't know when they're going to do that since they sent 1:59 to urban a few weeks ago :laugh:.

Glad it's doing so well on youtube so far. Can't wait to see the video when it's released :duca:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, E-Raine said:

I think what's happening with the views is a good indicator of just how terrible the rollout was for this. People just did not know this was coming. What a missed opportunity and I'm pissed. Hopefully it continues on this trajectory but **** her team.

Didn't her team change from before? At some point we have to acknowledge that maybe it isn't the team. Maybe it's just Normani. 

Edited by san784
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let's get this on billboard

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)

After digesting this for a several times, I think the only critique I have for the track is the fact that it does not have a bridge. They could've really done something for the bridge and then make the last chorus absolutely explosive.

That was a missed opportunity, but overall, still a MEGA BOP.

Edited by Crank_It_Up
  • Like 1

BOOTY CANDY PAINTED WITH THE DIAMOND IN THE BACK

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

After digesting this for a several times, I think the only critique I have for the track is the fact that it does not have a bridge. They could've really done something for the bridge and then make the last chorus absolutely explosive.

Agreed, I would say that's my problem with the song too. It feels like she comes out swinging at the start (and the instrumental is incredible!) but then it starts to lull by the end because there's nothing to spike it up. Hoping this is just an appetizer to a great album.

5 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

The bridge in the demo hits harder. The instrumental dropping out was not a good change. :rip: The only real way she can make up for this is with an absolutely insane music video.

Its a 6.5/10.

Could of been a 8 or 9 with some extra stuff like a bridge or a final explosive chorus change 

• Like 2

It's okay but sth is lacking

Like it does not feel replayable nor sounds like a hit

3 hours ago, shelven said:

Hide contents

If they really put ads for an audio :rip: This strategy is giving Dumb and Dumber

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shelven said:

spacer.png

Why would you say this :dies: We really could've shifted the wigs a lil bit and convinced everyone on here that the demand is there! :rip:

• Haha 14

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.