Normani - "Candy Paint"

Alex

3 hours ago, shelven said:

I haven't actually listened to the official version yet so maybe it truly is too hollow, but I kind of get the feeling this is another Reflection (the song) and Going Nowhere situation where people thought they sounded too empty because they were used to another version (in that case the pre-release live versions), but then once people got those other versions out of their heads, everyone switched nnn

Perfect example. It doesn't sound that  but I'm sure it will be great in a live setting.

She announced the album date at 1 am when 159 was released so maybe we can expect something exciting tonight? lol

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Sad Beautiful Tragic

• popularmoonlight

• stephen1108

sorry but why did she wait two whole years for this mid mess? 1:59 ended this easily

This sounds way better than 1:59. I like it a lot!

Also why she's acting as if the label is forcing her to release this album already? Other than the lack of promo, visuals and physical copies pre-orders she's barely posting on social media to build hype... it's as if she's saying "here's the music now leave me alone"

:clack:

Posted (edited)

double post on accident

Edited by Lady Claire

Double posting in here bc I want to see if any of the nation feel the same way 

Totally understand the start / stop vibe with your family being sick 

After that seemed under control though and she switched managers, it seemed they were planning for her to come back on top. From the album announcement to a single with no video, no radio promo, no podcasts, no nothing. 

Candy paint was teased for years as this big comeback uptempo performance moment and the fact that it's getting released on streaming platforms before she even announces it is .. uneventful? 

I just don't get it and I'm bummed. Not that her team or her owes us the plan but if she does want to win , communicating with the fans who consume your music definitely helps. Truly I think I just imagined finally getting a Normani album era to be super exciting with radio tours, performances etc and we've got nothing of the sort. IF she's doing a visual album thatd be awesome but truly - why are they throwing songs out there without videos and any clear communication? So so disappointing. 

I think truly the only way to sum up how I've felt as a huge fan of this era is ?????. Like, she even seemed to have her ish together more with wild side 

i was worried about the song being not uptempo enough. but turns out the song is fine as it. hope the mv is ready at midnight tho otherwise….

loving the demo :giraffe:

I know she isn't the greatest singer but the amount of melodyne is worrisome. I wouldn't be surprised if she follows a career path similar to Austin Mahone after the album drops. 

29 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

I think truly the only way to sum up how I've felt as a huge fan of this era is ?????. Like, she even seemed to have her ish together more with wild side 

I think she used the entire budget up on wild side. Now RCA are doing as little as they can to drop the album, and then her 2 weeks later.

• Haha 2

It sends me how the two singles from C,XOXO are better than this and 1:59

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

29 minutes ago, Joaco95 said:

loving the demo :giraffe:

not loving the final version :giraffe:

I LOVE THIS TRACK! Her delivery was top notch especially in the second verse. 

The release strategy for this track has been a mess though. Why is she so silent on socials. Literally, wouldn't have known this is coming out if it wasn't for this site.

• Like 1

Love this breakdown of the promotional photo on the left for the Candy Paint spotify playlist(s) 

since tomorrow is Normani's birthday maybe she will go all out tomorrow promoting it . won't get my hopes up on that but it could happen.

this still BANGS :WAP:

I think something will be posted closer to or at midnight, if I had to guess this plan is to give the album legs so to drop visuals closer to, week of and after as @WheresJay and @wildsidenormani mentioned. Tbh big boi and the final of CP do slap in the sun, I hope she has

more up tempos than these two

Feel surreal hearing the whole thing this morning after years of waiting for it since the snippet link/video of her at a party dancing to it.

y'all on crack the production still slaps :clap3: song of the summer 3rd year in a row iktr :clap3:

Normani Vmas 2019 GIF by 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

• Haha 3

I just need a music video to win me over honestly.

Normani Vmas 2019 GIF by 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

I am beginning to understand the vision. It is sexy, simmering, understated. I highly doubt there will be any over-the-top pop moments on the album, but I can see this one creeping its way onto summer playlists.

from the non-atrl response I've seen so far, this is a hit in the waiting as long as rca and mother want it to be :clap3:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

I am beginning to understand the vision. It is sexy, simmering, understated. I highly doubt there will be any over-the-top pop moments on the album, but I can see this one creeping its way onto summer playlists.

Agreed. I think it satisfies her super pop fans and doesn't alienate the urban base she's been building.

People complain about the production but I think it's just perfect for the unique pocket she has.

This rollout is so confusing. Why isn't she doing anything? You'd think there would be a bigger promotional campaign since people have been wanting more music from her for years and a full album's finally coming out. Maybe they have bigger plans for when the album's already out, idk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.