• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Alex

• nooniebao

• wildsidenormani

12 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Why was this not the lead is my question 

It's the main single that will receive support. I wish her team was much more clear about the rollout of these songs so that the public understood what was going on here. 

this finally being announced like exactly a year after this thread was made is a kii 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

this finally being announced like exactly a year after this thread was made is a kii 

Let's go deeper

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

It's the main single that will receive support. I wish her team was much more clear about the rollout of these songs so that the public understood what was going on here. 

1:59 just a buzz single then?

Hallelujah.

spacer.png

Pre-save link works fine for me

• Haha 2

my sister getting her lick back by releasing song of the summer and album of the year…we won

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

I feel like they released 1:59 sort of like a Normani is back y'all so here's some new material she's been working on, but now here's the actual single that's getting the push, music video and interviews, promo, etc.

They need to release it quickly. All they do is tease, hopefully this is out Friday 

• Like 1

So what was the point of 159 song?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

So what was the point of 159 song?

buzz?

55 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

depends on how the next single will do on charts, if bad then candy paint will also be a buzz. 

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, teenagecraze said:

buzz?

A buzz kill.

• Thumbs Down 1

:duca:

okay I waited 2 years for this and now I'm hoping it's released on my birthday (May 17) :duca:

FINALLY!

It needs the ENTIRE single experience (MV, playlisting, radio, performances, etc)

• Like 1

to my understanding, this quite closes to rihanna demo which mean it will smash nor DOA as those final studio version bebe rexha or sia tracks. even dance visualizer gonna work without music video before the real tea delay like wild side rollout, performance also on bingo card just anything at all but lazy audio and vanish again. girl pls :bunny2:

It's all so out of her control, poor Normani, it's just labels and management taking decisions, like most artists sadly.

The new way of promoting music is just 'throwing scheiße to the wall hoping that something sticks' 

Nobody's management has long term projects anymore.

They release a song, if it flops it's just a buzz song, if it gets popular then it's a lead single or a single and they'll rush an album release around it. 

A few have projects that will be carried on and released despite public's reaction. 

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, 808dream said:

It's all so out of her control, poor Normani, it's just labels and management taking decisions, like most artists sadly.

The new way of promoting music is just 'throwing scheiße to the wall hoping that something sticks' 

Nobody's management has long term projects anymore.

They release a song, if it flops it's just a buzz song, if it gets popular then it's a lead single or a single and they'll rush an album release around it. 

A few have projects that will be carried on and released despite public's reaction. 

People keep coming in here assuming this is the single :toofunny2: But where has she said that? Where has her team said that? If anything, his song serves as an introduction to the album. It's a taste of the sound and genre she's aiming for with "Dopamine". There's no music video for this track, and they've barely bothered to promote it. The radio single, the one getting the push, will be Candy Paint.

No one is expecting 1:59 to smash either.

IMG_1444.thumb.gif.d670124fe091f0216cd3a

I mean, as recent as last year Doja had "Attention" and then followed it up with "Paint the Town Red". Let's just see where this goes.

I miss when pop girls came out swinging… Candy Paint should have been out first

If you let me take him, you might never get him back
I'm a baddie and I don't know how to act
Booty candy painted with the diamond in the back

IMG_9515.gif?ex=663b4c46&is=6639fac6&hm=

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

People keep coming in here assuming this is the single :toofunny2: But where has she said that? Where has her team said that? If anything, his song serves as an introduction to the album. It's a taste of the sound and genre she's aiming for with "Dopamine". There's no music video for this track, and they've barely bothered to promote it. The radio single, the one getting the push, will be Candy Paint.

No one is expecting 1:59 to smash either.

IMG_1444.thumb.gif.d670124fe091f0216cd3a

I hear you, but when the "lead" is flopping down and the demand is clearly (more) there for this, why wouldn't it be "the" single?

Making this some kind of instant-grat or just a "taste" of the album to still focus on 1:59 would be a huge mistake IMO. Hell, so would working both tracks.

It'd be different if CP was Pop-ier, so would essentially see it sent to Pop and 1.59 worked at Urban. But the biggest potential for both is at Urban/Rhythmic. So IMO it has to be one or the other and there is zero justification for it to be 1:59 at this point. 

TBH, in an ideal world, a different uptempo would be the single.

I really like CP, but the fact it's been lingering for so long almost heightens the need for it to smash (if it doesn't, it will kinda give a "after all this time and hype it only managed a ____ peak") tea.

At the same time, with Mani atp, there's always going to be some kind of jab thrown her way, so I guess all she can do is put her absolute best foot forward with CP (sell it in the video like the entire campaign depends on it) and sell the album at large. Because, outside of the commercial angle of things, that's where the biggest wins will lay. Her earning praise for every piece of content she puts out is the type of ish that will give her consistent video views, touring buzz, and ultimately a loyal audience. Like, if Chloe can pull off a solid, sold-out tour, there's no reason Mani can't manage a similar or even elevated version of her trajectory.

9 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

I hear you, but when the "lead" is flopping down and the demand is clearly (more) there for this, why wouldn't it be "the" single?

Making this some kind of instant-grat or just a "taste" of the album to still focus on 1:59 would be a huge mistake IMO. Hell, so would working both tracks.

It'd be different if CP was Pop-ier, so would essentially see it sent to Pop and 1.59 worked at Urban. But the biggest potential for both is at Urban/Rhythmic. So IMO it has to be one or the other and there is zero justification for it to be 1:59 at this point. 

TBH, in an ideal world, a different uptempo would be the single.

I really like CP, but the fact it's been lingering for so long almost heightens the need for it to smash (if it doesn't, it will kinda give a "after all this time and hype it only managed a ____ peak") tea.

At the same time, with Mani atp, there's always going to be some kind of jab thrown her way, so I guess all she can do is put her absolute best foot forward with CP (sell it in the video like the entire campaign depends on it) and sell the album at large. Because, outside of the commercial angle of things, that's where the biggest wins will lay. Her earning praise for every piece of content she puts out is the type of ish that will give her consistent video views, touring buzz, and ultimately a loyal audience. Like, if Chloe can pull off a solid, sold-out tour, there's no reason Mani can't manage a similar or even elevated version of her trajectory.

Yeah, Normani definitely shines with up-tempo tracks, but I don't think she wants to be confined to just one category. That's probably why she said "Fair" was for her, not for any of us, even though it's my most played track by her.

I've mentioned this before, but the fanbase seems quite divided on what they want from her. There's a huge pressure on her because she was part of one of the biggest girl groups of the 2010s, so people automatically expect a huge hit, with A-list producers—something even better than "Motivation." On the other hand, some would prefer her to lean more towards Urban/R&B.

Personally, I'd love to hear something like this from her:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.