This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

I know there's still a lot more songs to go but I feel like Un Verano Sin Ti, Dear Reader, Music For A Sushi Restaurant and Far could've gone a little bit further in the rate :emofish:

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator
  • ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

if her astonomical streaming numbers are actually authentic and anything to go by then yea, she's ALL they listen to lol.

This has long been my theory...

I'm here!

Just saw that Dear Reader already left when it's one of the best songs on Middy. Yall have NO taste like why tf did Lavender Haze outlast it :gaycat7:

Bejeweled and UVST's title track should have lasted a bit more too

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

NqsVle7.png

MIDNIGHT RAIN

Average score: 6.46

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @byzantium, @Achilles., @greento, @Sanguine)

Low score: (@CBC)

It’s a reverse “Sk8er Boi”-ian experience on this pseudo-title track from Midnights. The hometown boy that Taylor might have ended up with if she hadn’t pursued her career instead of marriage watches her on TV – and she never thinks of him, “except on midnights like this.” “Midnight Rain” debuted at #5 on Billboard Hot 100 after the album’s release, and unlike a couple of tracks that topped it, managed a second week in the top ten.

Best bit: “He wanted a bride, I was making my own name/Chasing that fame, he stayed the same”

ATRL says…: “The Bleachers leapt out on this song (derogatory),” @Ewan Chaos sniped. @madonnas was “surprised a pop star of her stature allowed these ugly 2018 trendy vocal effects on her 2023 album.”

• ATRL Moderator

This is the first track with five 10's

I'm actually here today :duca:

I'm not sure how I feel about her slowed and reverbed voice on this song :gaycat6:

omg yes that song 100 percent feels like a bleachers song. glad someone else caught that 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, cockatoo said:

I'm not sure how I feel about her slowed and reverbed voice on this song :gaycat6:

It works for me. Definitely makes a mid-tier song more interesting.

• ATRL Moderator

YshOedG.png

TOO LATE

Average score: 6.48

High score: 9.5 (@brokee)

Low score: (@MP2K, @Sanguine)

SZA goes back and forth over whether a breakup was the right move on this hip-hop-inflected jam from SOS. Even though she’s so done with the man who is constantly breaking her heart, she also can’t get enough of her ex. “Too Late” is similarly torn, with SZA philosophically considering how she needs “to be alone to figure out how I should be loved” one moment – and then demanding to have her booty busted with two hands the next.

Best bit: “And if it's just us, is that enough?/Is it bad that I want more?

Midnight Rain deserved a 7.5 average at least. The fanmade piano version ended it though.

• ATRL Moderator

There will be a lot of Spanish songs this update.

Oh yeah this was definitely filler. It's funny that Far was called AI'd SZA, when this seems to match that description more for me

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

Oh yeah this was definitely filler. It's funny that Far was called AI'd SZA, when this seems to match that description more for me

3hpp4q.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7c699d0f07942d

• ATRL Moderator

I’ve heard this SZA album like 5 times and I can’t recall how any of these songs go… :psyduck:

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

There will be a lot of Spanish songs this update.

Only Chicken Teriyaki and Aislamiento are allowed to leave right now from MOTOMAMI. The rest better stay safe until we reach 8.

Gemma_Crying.gif?width=162&height=162

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Only Chicken Teriyaki and Aislamiento are allowed to leave right now from MOTOMAMI. The rest better stay safe until we reach 8.

You might be seeing one of these...

• ATRL Moderator

DtuiKna.png

LA KILIÉ

Average score: 6.51

High score: 10 (@Virgos Groove, @Norte)

Low score: (@V3$$3L.)

Built on an interpolation of the hook from the Brazilian funk classic “Passinho do Volante” (Beyoncé once danced to it at Rock in Rio), this bonus track from the Motomami + rerelease is a victory lap for Rosalía after the album’s success has taken her to new heights. As she compares herself to a conquering explorer, seeking a legacy of glory in her name, “leklek lek lek” becomes “La Kilié,” Spanglish for “I killed it.”

Best bit: “Quiero mi nombre marcado, yo ese camino macheteé”

Oh I thought this one already left. Meh. Despecha is the only one I care about from Motomami+

• ATRL Moderator

“La Kilié" is one of my favorites from the rerelease. That beat is sick.

I think it was intentional, but this song sounds like a rough demo rather than a final track. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it takes a minute to adjust to it

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.