Weakest Number Ones by Female Acts

Sscorpionn

On 4/30/2023 at 12:45 PM, manuelalex9810 said:

Rain On Me :dies:

that’s why is doing 355k streams daily on Spotify right now

On 4/30/2023 at 1:01 PM, Rev8 said:

the fact that their fans were dragging HIAM :rip:

the way no one even says anything bad about ROM as a whole when it's doing that Meh too

Trollz was a cute song :eli:

but yea, surprised it hit 1#, deffo could feel the hype from that one

it's going to be another 1B song this year joining Shallow and ARUTW :rip: 

Plus the the jump in pts from #6 (116k) to #7 (178k) is quite large so why not laugh at the Top 6 which couldn't even read 120k points :rip: 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axelios

• lonnie

• FolkLover1989

• thetea

15 hours ago, Ratviolo said:

Can’t tell if that list is incorrect or it simply does not make sense considering Shallow is literally almost diamond :rip:

it does not consider longevity only the amount of points it got on the Hot 100. Songs can only chart 20 weeks on the Hot 100 unless they consistently stay above #50 which Shallow did for 25+ weeks. Shallow still averaging 850k-1m daily Spotify streams despite being 5 years old.

So the list is correct but doesn't tell the full story. Only the Hot 100's story. 

On 4/30/2023 at 8:06 PM, suburbannature said:

Reminder that Mariah is the artist make or female with the most songs on the Billboard all-time biggest song chart with 11 before anyone tries to get smart.

who the **** is that in your avi

I'm surprised at Britney not being all over this list, because she's kind of always deemed as the girl with the weakest #1 hits. :skull: 

Rain On Me is no surprise.

So what we already been known: Taylor last singles just being fan driven in US, the 90's Xmas act with her fraudulent local #1 thanks to chart manipulation by her husband and GaGa's last decade all smoke and mirrors as not even leeching off features can't save her frontloaded, failed 5 year lasting pop career.

rihanna-day-drinking-seth-meyers-late-ni

2 hours ago, Melancholy said:

who the **** is that in your avi

A legend 

1 hour ago, The Second Coming said:

So what we already been known: Taylor last singles just being fan driven in US, the 90's Xmas act with her fraudulent local #1 thanks to chart manipulation by her husband and GaGa's last decade all smoke and mirrors as not even leeching off features can't save her frontloaded, failed 5 year lasting pop career.

rihanna-day-drinking-seth-meyers-late-ni

Shallow is a soon to be a diamond single and ARUTW on its way to a billion streams :fan:

On 4/30/2023 at 5:06 PM, blown away said:

Songs like MHWGO, Heartbreaker and even LWYMMD are the reason a list based on chart points would be more interesting and accurate. In one of their two weeks at #1 it both more than double of the chart points of the #2 song. Yet they get allocated the same points for that one week as Thank God I Found You, which is an actual weak #1.

That way big hits like MHWGO and Shallow would not be on here. Which would make room for weak songs like The Promise Of A New Day. The song is a bop, but when a song is able to go #1 on the Hot 100 while being #5 on airplay and #25 on sales it deserves a place on this list.

I'm REALLY shocked it's not on the list. Just feels wrong that it isn't here.

On 4/30/2023 at 9:20 PM, HardBambi said:

Poor ‘This used to be my playground’ even though I adore the sing it is probably Madonna’s most forgettable number 1. 

Mariah has a lot of forgettable and forgotten number ones, that being said I’m surprised to see Honey in this list.. a bop! 

Honey CR: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 5 - 5 - 6 - 9 - 13 - 18 - 23 - 25 - 30 - 34 - 39 - 41 - 40 - 37 - 40 - 47

4 hours ago, Robyn. said:

I'm surprised at Britney not being all over this list, because she's kind of always deemed as the girl with the weakest #1 hits. :skull: 

Rain On Me is no surprise.

Shallow and ROM are way more known than HIAM though. Gaga just struggles because of radio ageism whereas Britney’s don’t even have strong recurrent streams or decent certs. 

On 5/2/2023 at 8:35 AM, 1DES said:

There were a large number of artist and labels doing it. People's problem is that she played it well. 

Taylor winning longevity AND shortivity game :clap3:

23 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

Five out of the six weak Mariah #1s listed here occurred after her separation with Tommy Mottola in May 1997, so whatever misogynistic point you're trying to make is automatically invalid.

As for the one pre-1997 chart-topper here ("I'll Be There"), it was far from local.

• #1 in Canada, the Netherlands, and New Zealand (where it was the fifth biggest hit of 1992).
  • Top 5 in Belgium, Ireland, and the UK. 
  • Top 10 in Australia, Iceland, Norway, and Panama

And despite only peaking at #16 in France, I can say from experience that I still hear it frequently on AC radio to this day.

OMCHs never fail with their tired talking points which are so easily disproven. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess :foxaylove3:

Not RoM outdoing HIAM when monsters like to bring up how HIAM was frontloaded every other week on this forum :ahh:

so Rain On Me, Stuck with U and Trollz were just one week of bundles and nothing else?

edit: was Cardigan a similar case but with physcalls or sum? idk 

superfreaky girl well barbz have been serving bulk sales and mass buying trully the BoTS of western fandoms

Edited by Selenasworld

On 5/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Shallow and ROM are way more known than HIAM though. Gaga just struggles because of radio ageism whereas Britney’s don’t even have strong recurrent streams or decent certs. 

Because of ‘Prossecco Wednesday’ I read ‘Swallow’ instead of Shallow.

Apologies 😂

On 4/30/2023 at 12:21 PM, Zoe_ said:

Janet & Whitney being absent. Queens

Purrrrrr

My Heart Will Go On unfortunately had limited release which greately effected its chart run. 

I knew Thank God I Found You was mariah's weakest #1

7 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

so Rain On Me, Stuck with U and Trollz were just one week of bundles and nothing else?

edit: was Cardigan a similar case but with physcalls or sum? idk 

superfreaky girl well barbz have been serving bulk sales and mass buying trully the BoTS of western fandoms

Cardigan was just a classic album bomb situation.  The entire album just got a lot of streams and sales that week and fell off quickly before stabilizing.  The 1 and Exile were #4 and #6 at the same time.  

12 hours ago, brazil said:

Not RoM outdoing HIAM when monsters like to bring up how HIAM was frontloaded every other week on this forum :ahh:

Dont embarass britney like this :toofunny2:

So many 'repeak' songs in here :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.