• lonnie

• FolkLover1989

• thetea

Willow and Hold It Against Me are so good tho, ugh :weeps::weeps:

This is why the world is collapsing.

Miley: OUT :clap3:

Strong organic #1s only :gaycat4:

Edited by Miley Cyrus

2/3 of Nicki's #1 are on here and the other one is a throw away remix. 

The Second Coming

At least the units sold of Rain On Me & Shallow are decent to great.

Britney's Hold It Against Me is barely eligible for 2x platinum after TWELVE YEARS. 3 is eligible for 3x platinum after THIRTEEN YEARS.

Imagine being proud of these chart-toppers.

Edited by R. Ramirez

These point gaps tho. :skull:

3 minutes ago, R. Ramirez said:

Britney's Hold It Against Me is barely eligible for 2x platinum after TWELVE YEARS. 3 is eligible for 3x platinum after THIRTEEN YEARS.

Imagine not being proud of multi-platinum. :isudumblmao:

39 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The only true outlier here is “My Heart Will Go On”. 

The song was huge at the time, but the Hot 100 will have you believe it wasn’t but that’s only because it had a limited CD release. Unfortunately, her label only distributed/shipped 650K physical units of the single; 360K were sold in the first week of release and the remaining 290K the next, however this was all a tactic to have her album (“Let’s Talk About Love”) sell more as well as the “Titanic OST”. 

The song still spent 10 weeks atop U.S radio - 7 weeks atop Pop radio, 10 weeks atop HAC radio and 14 weeks atop AC radio. 

:clap3:

Songs like MHWGO, Heartbreaker and even LWYMMD are the reason a list based on chart points would be more interesting and accurate. In one of their two weeks at #1 it both more than double of the chart points of the #2 song. Yet they get allocated the same points for that one week as Thank God I Found You, which is an actual weak #1.

That way big hits like MHWGO and Shallow would not be on here. Which would make room for weak songs like The Promise Of A New Day. The song is a bop, but when a song is able to go #1 on the Hot 100 while being #5 on airplay and #25 on sales it deserves a place on this list.

I think it’s still better to look at it from a lens of how dominant they were when the week they were number one.

Cardigan & All too Well felt like they were EVERYWHERE, opposed to Willow which sort of felt like an after thought, yet by this metric Willow is ‘bigger’.

This thread was already posted

1 hour ago, ToMmY said:

Imagine not being proud of multi-platinum. :isudumblmao:

2M units(including streams) for a #1 peaking song from the digital sales era after 12 years is nothing to be proud of:rip:

Dance For You by Beyonce is 2X Platinum lmao

Another thread discrediting Mariah's hit. Nice!! :butterfly:

23 minutes ago, blown away said:

In one of their two weeks at #1 it both more than double of the chart points of the #2 song. Yet they get allocated the same points for that one week as Thank God I Found You, which is an actual weak #1.

Exactly.

Great observation.

There’s no way a song such as “MHWGO” or even “LWYMMD” should be allocated the same or almost the same amount of chart points as other songs listed here when both were absolutely humongous upon their release. Of course, their longevity was rather dyed but there were other variables at play because of that, especially in the case of “MHWGO”. Other songs such as “TGIFY, Bootylicious” etc. were just outright weak #1’s. 

Even with songs such as “I Believe” and “Inside Your Heaven”, both songs charted atop the Hot 100 with huge sales. They just had zero airplay to help sustain them. 

49 minutes ago, blown away said:

Songs like MHWGO, Heartbreaker and even LWYMMD are the reason a list based on chart points would be more interesting and accurate. In one of their two weeks at #1 it both more than double of the chart points of the #2 song. Yet they get allocated the same points for that one week as Thank God I Found You, which is an actual weak #1.

That way big hits like MHWGO and Shallow would not be on here. Which would make room for weak songs like The Promise Of A New Day. The song is a bop, but when a song is able to go #1 on the Hot 100 while being #5 on airplay and #25 on sales it deserves a place on this list.

Yep. Heartbreaker by chart points for example is one of Jay’s biggest hits 

edit: nvm that’s the same accounts point system 

Edited by suburbannature

HIAM bigger than ROM? :bloo:

3 hours ago, R. Ramirez said:

At least the units sold of Rain On Me & Shallow are decent to great.

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

2M units(including streams) for a #1 peaking song from the digital sales era after 12 years is nothing to be proud of:rip:

Dance For You by Beyonce is 2X Platinum lmao

:rip:

1 hour ago, Trash said:

Imagine being proud of your fave being carried by her feats.

gaga.thumb.jpeg.d444d0e398544151ec7c386a

Imagine having a #1 barely 2x Platinum with streaming included after 12 years ? :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.