• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• shyboi

• Walk_Away21

1 hour ago, Smarticle said:

I was told I'm not Asian and I'm from Ohio by @smartalek22 and @cockatoo

i thought you were from Africa and of asian descent?  So you’re not blasian? Why are you saying the n word oh my god 

Latino gang :clap3: 

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

what’s BMI again sorry i’m in my silly goofy microera

Body Mass Index. They're calling you fat.

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

what’s BMI again sorry i’m in my silly goofy microera

they call you a fat clogged artery diabetic ass *****. i wouldn’t take that tbh u should take a plane and go fight them and record it and post it in the roof smh what’s your address @Starfish he wanna fight

Edited by Bussea

20 hours ago, ariananext said:

There's no such thing as "italian food" outside Italy

These distinctions are pointless because America is a nation of immigrants.

Of course no one thinks Italian food in America is what they might still eat in Italy.

People don't even think Italian food is the same between states. We literally have debates about the kind of water used in the things like the dough for pizza. :toofunny3: It's still though largely food crafted by and created by Italian Americans. All cuisine in America is shaped by the experiences of that ethnicity being ________-Americans. It's just redundant, in America, to refer to it as "Italian-American cuisine" because you're in America already.

It's the beauty of America that in a relatively short distance I can go to an Italian spot run by an Italian-American family passing down their families' recipes since they got off the damn boat to then a block away find a spot run by some Chinese-Americans that offers somehow both pizza and Chinese takeout. Y'all ain't got that now, do ya? :celestial5:

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

Body Mass Index. They're calling you fat.

1 hour ago, Bussea said:

they call you a fat clogged artery diabetic ass *****. i wouldn’t take that tbh u should take a plane and go fight them and record it and post it in the roof smh what’s your address @Starfish he wanna fight

what… i’ve been skinny with a fast metabolism my whole life (jewish peasant genes, thanks mom) but besides why would it matter if i WAS fat?

23 hours ago, Miracle said:

Both are great, but have most americans truly ever tasted something close to real italian? I 

Judging by some replies in here you can tell they definitely not.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

These distinctions are pointless because America is a nation of immigrants.

Of course no one thinks Italian food in America is what they might still eat in Italy.

People don't even think Italian food is the same between states. We literally have debates about the kind of water used in the things like the dough for pizza. :toofunny3: It's still though largely food crafted by and created by Italian Americans. All cuisine in America is shaped by the experiences of that ethnicity being ________-Americans. It's just redundant, in America, to refer to it as "Italian-American cuisine" because you're in America already.

It's the beauty of America that in a relatively short distance I can go to an Italian spot run by an Italian-American family passing down their families' recipes since they got off the damn boat to then a block away find a spot run by some Chinese-Americans that offers somehow both pizza and Chinese takeout. Y'all ain't got that now, do ya? :celestial5:

The question is why would we want that!

11 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

I was just making a comment about the carb/fattening aspects in comparison to Mexican food, idk why you guys are focusing on Americans :biblio:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, we don't have the same ratio of carbs and fats in every plate you know and our food is not limited to pizza and pasta only :rip:

Italian cuisine is so various and has so many proteic and fit dishes, reason of why like it has been told you already we're between the skinniest countries in Europe and fast food chains-culture is not a thing in here for a reason.

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, we don't have the same ratio of carbs and fats in every plate you know and our food is not limited to pizza and pasta only :rip:

Italian cuisine is so various and has so many proteic and fit dishes, reason of why like it has been told you already we're between the skinniest countries in Europe and fast food chains-culture is not a thing in here for a reason.

Ok sorry 

On 4/29/2023 at 4:12 PM, ariananext said:

The question is why would we want that!

Ngl I was howling when I was in Italy that there was like mostly Italian cuisine, some Japense / sushi, a few Americanized burgerish places, and then randomly a ton of Poke place everywhere. :deadbanana4:. Not that I was complaining because the Italian food was God tier. @Reverse Warholian book your trip to Puglia immediateney!

3 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Ngl I was howling when I was in Italy that there was like mostly Italian cuisine, some Japense / sushi, a few Americanized burgerish places, and then randomly a ton of Poke place everywhere. :deadbanana4:. Not that I was complaining because the Italian food was God tier. @Reverse Warholian book your trip to Puglia immediateney!

Yeah that's true, sushi is the only hyped non italian food here tbh

25 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Yeah that's true, sushi is the only hyped non italian food here tbh

Send me some Pane di Semola :jonny5:

Also if you are anywhere near Ostuni, ******* book your reservation NOW. The food here was the best I've ever had.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g642178-d13970671-Reviews-Osteria_Ricanatti-Ostuni_Province_of_Brindisi_Puglia.html

As we should. Mexican food>>>>>

ma va caca cazzo di americani brutti come la fame che ne sanno loro della roba italian? niente. bruttismi bruttismi!! nemmeno gesu li salvrebbe da un incendio le loro faccie mi fa vomità PUZZO PUZZO

Edited by Pikachoo

6 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Don't you remember my Roman Holiday mini-era from 5 years ago with Turkish D*light Bae? 

Also I blame Lady "I'm Italian" Gaga for Italian food flopping among millenials / gen z @Marry Illusion Glory 

Edited by Reverse Warholian

7 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Send me some Pane di Semola :jonny5:

Also if you are anywhere near Ostuni, ******* book your reservation NOW. The food here was the best I've ever had.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g642178-d13970671-Reviews-Osteria_Ricanatti-Ostuni_Province_of_Brindisi_Puglia.html

I've actually never been but I should! I live midway betweet Naples/Pompeii and Sorrento, near Amalfi Coast

3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

I've actually never been but I should! I live midway betweet Naples/Pompeii and Sorrento, near Amalfi Coast

Omg slay! I couldn’t fully live on the coast tho after going there. The traffic in the summer has to be hell on earth. I did love St Agatha tho. And I would be too scared to drive in Naples. It was ******* chaos lmao.

The Italian food in the US sucks. The best I ever had was actually in Italy. ITS AMAZING

but Italian is less prevalent than Mexican. Mexican stands and taco stands be every damn where. Especially in California. And not to mention many gen z and Millenials have a much higher rate of Latino ancestry 

On 4/29/2023 at 7:07 AM, Breathe On Moi said:

I actually can say that I have never heard that, I’m sorry. 

Well yes, Americans are not only an italian diet, they’re also eating American food and other cultures, just piling it on. 

I was just making a comment about the carb/fattening aspects in comparison to Mexican food, idk why you guys are focusing on Americans :biblio:

Mexican food is unhealthy as **** lmao

all the fired meats and grease…I think Mexicans are right up there with black people with cardiovascular disease their food CLOGS 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.